The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by natali1234
Hello!
I sent my UCAS off Early October & recieved Acknowledgements and offers from 4 universities. BUT i still haven't heard anything from Herfordshire :| not even an acknowledgement!

HOw long did it take for your acknowledgement to come through? ^^

About a month and 3 weeks :smile:
Reply 1481
My application was sent to my chosen Unis on the 3rd of December and I've not had any acknowledgments or anything back (I know it's quite soon) was wondering if people could tell me how long before they received news from the following Unis:

Birmingham City
Bournemouth
Royal Holloway
Nottingham Trent
St Mary's Twickenham
Reply 1482
Original post by kennyt
My application was sent to my chosen Unis on the 3rd of December and I've not had any acknowledgments or anything back (I know it's quite soon) was wondering if people could tell me how long before they received news from the following Unis:

Birmingham City
Bournemouth
Royal Holloway
Nottingham Trent
St Mary's Twickenham

I applied to Royal Holloway on September 15th & received my offer on December 8th.

Good luck!
Reply 1483
Got my offer for Northampton today - so happy as its my back up sorted :smile:

Have all 5 offers now, never thought i would get them all this side of christmas! :biggrin:
Reply 1484
Original post by jaydey1983
Interview at Man Met in Jan!!! I was nearly sick when I saw the Ucas track update e-mail!!! It's all too much!!!

What subject did you apply for?
Original post by scholes
What subject did you apply for?

Adult nursing
Reply 1486
No offers yet :frown: :frown: *cries*
I've applied for the following:

University of York/Writing, Directing and Performance/ABB
University of East Anglia/Scriptwriting and Performance/AAB
Royal Holloway/Drama and Creative Writing/AAB
University of Manchester/Drama and Screen Studies/AAB
Bath Spa University/Theatre Studies and Creative Writing/BBC

I REALLY want to go to York so badly!!!

I'm predicted AAA. Will probably come out with AAB/ABB.

I applied over a month ago and so far I've just got an interview from Manchester in January. I also have to do an essay, but i have good ideas for that.

Quick Question: If you're selected for interview, how many applicants are you up against compared to how many you were before? So say, for example, 9 people apply per place, how many of those will be invited for interview per place, typically?

Thanks.
Reply 1488
Original post by SarahDylan
I've applied for the following:

University of York/Writing, Directing and Performance/ABB
University of East Anglia/Scriptwriting and Performance/AAB
Royal Holloway/Drama and Creative Writing/AAB
University of Manchester/Drama and Screen Studies/AAB
Bath Spa University/Theatre Studies and Creative Writing/BBC

I REALLY want to go to York so badly!!!

I'm predicted AAA. Will probably come out with AAB/ABB.

I applied over a month ago and so far I've just got an interview from Manchester in January. I also have to do an essay, but i have good ideas for that.

Quick Question: If you're selected for interview, how many applicants are you up against compared to how many you were before? So say, for example, 9 people apply per place, how many of those will be invited for interview per place, typically?

Thanks.

It's impossible to know that I'm afraid as every university/course will be different. Your best bet is to ring the university anonymously and ask them, or see if there are any statistics on their websites.
Reply 1489
Original post by niddlez
I applied to Royal Holloway on September 15th & received my offer on December 8th.

Good luck!

Ah thanks, not too worrying then! I got my first acknowledgment today (from Bournemouth) so am less scared than i was...
Reply 1490
My laptop hates me for the number of times I use the refresh button. Oo
No news yet ... but my application was only sent away on Tuesday, so, ya know, I guess it's not that out of the ordinary.
Reply 1491
Just got my second offer from Man Met which is my first choice, so I am quite happy.
(edited 13 years ago)
Final offer! Shame in a weird way, as I liked the anticipation!
My application has been gone a week now and I've had no offers, but I did get a letter this morning from De Montfort acknowledging that they've received my application and are considering it.
Reply 1494
acknowledgement from Bournemouth Yesterday and Surrey this morning-
very exciting but Surreys email was a bit of a tease......the link they send you to says "CONGRATULATIONS YO UR COMING TO SURREY!" meanies : )
Reply 1495
Do unis give out offers over xmas holidays? It would be a nice xmas present :biggrin:
Original post by Torrchy
Do unis give out offers over xmas holidays? It would be a nice xmas present :biggrin:

I believe Oxford give out decisions on Christmas Eve (24th).
Cambridge give out decisions on the 5th of January. Presents day in Spain is the 6th of January (the Kings' Day), so this one will either be the best or worst one of my life...
Original post by 99 Red Balloons

Got three in the bag and they're my first second and fourth choices so its aweosme to have them in the bag but at the same time the nerves of waiting for the big one have kind of disappeared lol, UCAS Track has earned itself a bit of a break from constant checking...im not complaining though - would have been nerve-wracking over christmas otherwise...
my application was sent off on 8th december........is this bad?? will they all be filled now???
Original post by 99 Red Balloons

Pretty much same situation! I have one left to get, but it's from my last choice, lowest placed uni. So I am not too bothered about that one! I miss the excitement :biggrin: Savour it while it lasts people, as bad as it feels, it is fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending