The Student Room Group

end of term-itis?

ive only been into uni once this whole week and im not planning to go in tomorrow cos i cba. even though i have to hand in an essay (not assessed) ive decided im just gonna email my tutor it instead of handing it in in person as we're supposed to. usually i skip a few lectures/tutorials here and there but this week its been particularly bad seeing as i only came in on tuesday for 2hrs. uni finishes next week which i think is why my laziness and apathy has gone to a new level these past few days... i'm feeling guilty for not making more effort but i just really. c. b. a!

just wondering if anyone is feeling the same?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ive only been in to uni once this whole term.
Definately. I've only been in uni 2 days this week. 4 hours in total. So i've skived wed and thurs. I'm skiving tomorrow too - but i've been working on an essay which has to be handed in on monday. Technically though, tomorrow (well today) is my last day of uni :woo: so really i've broken up already since I had no intention of going in today.
Reply 3
I still go into Uni because i am a better Student than you.
Reply 4
You're not alone! I don't count the last week of any term. Although this time I've got to make an exception as I've an essay due in Tuesday but from then on..! :biggrin:
100% know what you mean. I went to zero lectures or seminars last week, and I skipped a lecture and a seminar this week. I have 3 essays 2000 words each due in next friday, I have started writing the inroducton to one and thats about it. For one module I have skipped more lectures than I have been to, and I have no idea what the essay is on, I havent done the reading for 5 weeks. The funny thing is this guy in my seminar class never skips anything and makes notes on his mac all the time and always talks in the seminars, whereas I sleep, skip, doodle or daydream and I beat him in the ICA by more than ten marks, and beat him on another essay (i actually pay attention in that one though tbh).

I have no motivation whatsoever, I am always feeling tired despite getting at least 8 hours sleep a night, and I spent most of the week depressed after an argument with my parents and just starting to cheer up.

I haven't had any fruit in over a month, would this have a bearing on my sluggishness, lack of concentration and generally unhealthy feeling? My diet is also poor, bacon, tea, spag bol and alcohol. (Actually got to the point where I think I am becoming an alcoholic, yesterday I felt like I needed to have a drink, rather than just wanted one.)

So yeah, whether its depression, apathy, end of term, not having attended lectures, **** diet or alcoholism I am not feeling positive or motivated to do any work at the end of term.
Why do you guys skip lectures?
Correct me if im wrong but, don't you get kicked out if you missed 2-3 lectures?
Reply 7
I've finished lectures thank God but I've still got a few assignments that I've been slow with.
Reply 8
And we wonder why so many people only get 2:2s or fail.
Original post by Law123mus

Original post by kooboo71
ive only been into uni once this whole week and im not planning to go in tomorrow cos i cba. even though i have to hand in an essay (not assessed) ive decided im just gonna email my tutor it instead of handing it in in person as we're supposed to. usually i skip a few lectures/tutorials here and there but this week its been particularly bad seeing as i only came in on tuesday for 2hrs. uni finishes next week which i think is why my laziness and apathy has gone to a new level these past few days... i'm feeling guilty for not making more effort but i just really. c. b. a!

just wondering if anyone is feeling the same?

:lolwut:

People like you really need to get out of the higher education system.

Enjoy your third-class honours.

If you even graduate.
Reply 11
Tbf, I'm waiting for the extra long holidays so I can catch up on all of my notes and gain my social life back. Just another week left. D.R.A.G

:h:
Reply 12
Original post by -Invidious-

Wish moi legs wur' as long as them

:colone:
i definitely feel the same. i just need a break from it now. probably just going in for my exam tomorow, nothing else.
Original post by Law123mus

Did you neg rep me?
Original post by -Invidious-
Did you neg rep me?

The funny thing is I have got 1sts on every assignment so far without going in for many many lectures. Just read the notes on moodle later.

Granted I am screwed for one essay, but its in a **** module I wish I had never taken, the course outline was completely wrong.

No I didn't neg rep you, but I'm thinking of it.
Reply 16
I went to monday's and tuesday's lectures/seminars, didn't go to wednesday morning or yesterday's and missing 2 seminars today but I am going to my last lecture as I get to see my coursemates before we go home :smile:
I've been into uni 6 times in the last 3 weeks. All of these visits have been to sit in on Psychology/World Cinema lectures.
Needless to say, I am failing.
Reply 18
I haven't been in at all this week apart from a couple hours on Monday. Really cannot be bothered I am too excited for Christmas. Still have next week to do but it's full of deadlines for coursework so ill be finishing all my work off and probably won't go to any lectures.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
I think I just get term-itis. Pretty bad right now though. Got to give a short presentation on a film on monday (5 mins, not assessed but can't get out of it if you see what I mean) and I haven't even watched it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending