The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rami101
a couple people from another forum said i'd fit in there...but i don't like it, too many trolls and a lack of a sense of community due to the anonymousity (is that even a word?)...and didn't want to post this there because I'm tired of hearing "cool story bro"

*waits for some smartass to say "cool story bro" in this thread

he'll be there

I can't be ****ed...the 16 years of my life have been a complete waste, i'm stupid, bad at everything i've ever tried, my best friend died 2 years ago, about to drop out...pretty much will just be a failure in life and I can't be ****ed with trying to improve my situation anymore

i dunno, but they r great

100%

Mate, if you are being honest, PM me your number or something. Think about it, there are people out there worse off than you. Sure, you may have it hard but be strong, show people that you can handle it. Don't do it.

1) It's the cowards way out
2) I'm stupid, but I just try hard at everything.
3) NOTHING is ever as bad if you leave it, think about it etc for a bit.
Reply 21
stop it guys, if you're only 16 you'll be alright :biggrin: stay positive
What about your family and friends? :rolleyes:
Reply 23
I hate that everyone's first reaction is to make a joke. Right, so there's a massive chance that this is a troll, but isn't there the chance that this is serious?

OP, I don't know what this is, but isn't there anyone you can talk to? Parents, friends... A friend of mine committed suicide last year, but so many people loved them, and they didn't know.. :/
Reply 24
Original post by danny111
157 minutes left.

you got an alarm clock to remind you?

got the time on my PC

Original post by Fragile_Illusions
What is so bad you'd want to do this? Why don't you make the effort to solve it?

Also, why are you so sick you'd even post this and drag other people into your sociopathic mind?

1) already posted why
2) i'm a horrible person...and i'm bored as ****

Original post by C-BRO
Mate, if you are being honest, PM me your number or something. Think about it, there are people out there worse off than you. Sure, you may have it hard but be strong, show people that you can handle it. Don't do it.

1) It's the cowards way out
2) I'm stupid, but I just try hard at everything.
3) NOTHING is ever as bad if you leave it, think about it etc for a bit.

1) i'm a coward
2) that's only one reason...i've started trying hard too...and trying hard and getting average results is even more demoralising than what i was previously doing (not trying hard and failing).

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Why is your trolling so goddamn crap?

swear i'm not trolling, trust me, when I troll i'm good.

Original post by amsie/
stop it guys, if you're only 16 you'll be alright :biggrin: stay positive

uh huh
Original post by LaughingBro
What's ITT mean?

In This Thread
Original post by Sheepsy
I hate that everyone's first reaction is to make a joke. Right, so there's a massive chance that this is a troll, but isn't there the chance that this is serious?

OP, I don't know what this is, but isn't there anyone you can talk to? Parents, friends... A friend of mine committed suicide last year, but so many people loved them, and they didn't know.. :/

never had a real relationship with my parents...they're OK, but I haven't talked to them properly in years...i'm just really living with them...it's like talking to your landlord about this... the few friends i have will just try to talk me out of this.
Reply 25
"Never, never, never give up!"
~ Winston Churchill

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."
~ Unknown

"Between you and every goal that you wish to achieve, there is a series of obstacles, and the bigger the goal, the bigger the obstacles. Your decision to be, have and do something out of the ordinary entails facing difficulties and challenges that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else."
~ Brian Tracy

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
~ Albert Einstein

"When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, 'Try it one more time.' "
~ Unknown

I hope this helps you :smile:
What does ITT mean?

But honestly please don't do it! xx
Reply 27
Original post by Loonylottie
What does ITT mean?

ITT means in this thread, usually the first post
Reply 28
Original post by amsie/
agreed- don't do it, i'm sure you're not that retarded. you're life doesn't even sound bad :smile:

probably isn't that bad...but bad enough for me not to want to live it.

Original post by idiotfish
"Never, never, never give up!"
~ Winston Churchill

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."
~ Unknown

"Between you and every goal that you wish to achieve, there is a series of obstacles, and the bigger the goal, the bigger the obstacles. Your decision to be, have and do something out of the ordinary entails facing difficulties and challenges that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else."
~ Brian Tracy

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
~ Albert Einstein

"When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, 'Try it one more time.' "
~ Unknown

I hope this helps you :smile:

that's why those ppl are successful, and why i will never be.

Original post by Loonylottie
What does ITT mean?

already answered
Original post by LaughingBro
What's your ethnicity?

white

Original post by JohnC2211
Troll.

And even if he isn't trolling - he'll **** it up.

nope...carefully researched this. No way of ****ing up, i spent all the money i had on many many times the amount needed to kill me
If you are for real, watch this, and like the video says "look at yourself" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4HGQHgeFE if you give up now you're assuming that what's on the other side is better. If you feel unhappy it's your RIGHT to change that. Go to the gp surgery tomorrow and tell them how you feel, there are counsellors and medicines that can help you beyond belief. Anti-depressants are one of the most common prescription items out there so don't feel alone. If you think you can't do anything right then why don't you volunteer and help people because it will honestly make you feel that you've done something with your life and you can help change your own life and other people's. So many people don't have the option of changing their lives, like terminally ill people, but YOU DO! so make sure you don't waste the opportunity of life you have, please.
You can't be serious... if you are then let me tell you one thing. Your life isn't yours to take. Don't do it, there have been a million people, a million times worse off than you, and they carry on. Think about all the people in third world countries that eat a mouthful of food once a week. They keep fighting to survive don't they? There is nothing in your life that should result in this. Like I said, your life isn't yours to take, everything is in God's hands. Everything happens for a reason and just be patient. Good times will come inshallah (if God wills). Don't do it. It's the worst thing you could possibly do, and think about you family. Not only is it stupid, it's selfish. Have a read...

http://www.missionislam.com/health/suicidenotescape.htm

You're 16, you have your whole life ahead of you...
Reply 31
Can we save you?
Reply 32
Original post by Rami101

never had a real relationship with my parents...they're OK, but I haven't talked to them properly in years...i'm just really living with them...it's like talking to your landlord about this... the few friends i have will just try to talk me out of this.

I wish they would :/

Please you have to understand that this will be so horrible for those around you, and it's such a waste.

What were the events that triggered this? And why the thread?
Just don't ****ing do it. Be a man. Talk to someone. Even a TSR helper person thingy. Come on man.
Reply 34
It sounds like you are having a very difficult time at the moment and that you have been for quite a while now. I'm really sorry that things are so hard for you at the moment. You mention that you are finding it difficult to cope with your friends death two years ago and also with your depression. I don't know whether there is anyone that you are able to talk to about this a friend or family member, if you don't feel that there is anyone that you can talk to would you consider talking to the Samaritans? Their details can be found at http://www.samaritans.org/. If you don't feel that you are able to speak to them on the phone you can either email them or text them and they will usually respond within a few hours.

If you have already taken something which would hurt you then please seek medical attention. you can call NHS direct on 08457 4647 or go to A&E.

I am going to close this thread now. This is not because we don't care about or and we don't want to listen to you. But we are not in the best position to help you and people can sometimes post insensitive comment or dangerous advice. The best people to help you are NHS direct or the Samaritans so please give them a call.

Latest

Trending

Trending