The Student Room Group

Could use some advice, am i stubborn?

Im going to keep this really simple please keep anon

I went out with a girl. We got on perfectly at start, we spent hours and hours together daily and really enjoyed each other company. One night she went out and cheated with another guy. The relationship was going really well and i liked her so i decided to forgive and forget. We carried on ok but we started to argue everyday over pathetic little things. Arguing took its toll on me and i was starting to feel down because of it. My friends started to dislike her because they thought she was bitchy, twofaced and caused stupid little arguements. Yet i really liked her so didnt end the relationship, she didnt want it to end either.

Then one night she went out and cheated with 10+ guys as far as she and her friends could remember. This really hurt me, more than the first time. I felt terrible, i couldnt eat or sleep for days, it really effected me. I decided to finish it. For a month after the end of the relationship we were still talking and aruging over stuff just like when we were months ago. I also found out she had been lying about us still having sex when we havent been. I had enought and after everything that happened blocked her on facebook, removed her number from my phone and ignored all attemts of her trying to contact me. I felt so hurt after her cheating and arguing i simply had enought. It wasnt the life i want to lead so i removed her from my life.

Now as i post this its been 6+ months since i stopped speakign to her. In that time her friends have tried talking me into giving her a chance to speak to me and she has tried texting/calling me but i ignored them.

Tonight one of my very best friends (a girl) has been speaking to her. She told me that she (my ex) has changed and shes a different person. But i still dont want anything to do with her and keep my position with her blocked on my fb...etc My friend calls me stubborn because i wont give her a chance, am i stubborn? or am i well in rights to not speak to her after her hurting me so much. My friend just simply doesnt get the amount of hurt she caused me and how bitchy/lying my ex really is
"cheated with 10+ guys"

It's pretty impossible to get of with 10 guys without knowing you was doing it, you can never be that drunk/****ed up. Maybe I can understand 1 guy, but when she consistently does it you know sumits up.....

sorry, sounds like you're pussy whipped, if you're even getting any pussy. Woof Woof, and you run. Gosh. Man up bro, Fo'real dude.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

I went out with a girl. We got on perfectly at start, we spent hours and hours together daily and really enjoyed each other company. One night she went out and cheated with another guy. The relationship was going really well and i liked her so i decided to forgive and forget. We carried on ok but we started to argue everyday over pathetic little things. Arguing took its toll on me and i was starting to feel down because of it. My friends started to dislike her because they thought she was bitchy, twofaced and caused stupid little arguements. Yet i really liked her so didnt end the relationship, she didnt want it to end either.

Then one night she went out and cheated with 10+ guys as far as she and her friends could remember. This really hurt me, more than the first time. I felt terrible, i couldnt eat or sleep for days, it really effected me. I decided to finish it. For a month after the end of the relationship we were still talking and aruging over stuff just like when we were months ago. I also found out she had been lying about us still having sex when we havent been. I had enought and after everything that happened blocked her on facebook, removed her number from my phone and ignored all attemts of her trying to contact me. I felt so hurt after her cheating and arguing i simply had enought. It wasnt the life i want to lead so i removed her from my life.

Now as i post this its been 6+ months since i stopped speakign to her. In that time her friends have tried talking me into giving her a chance to speak to me and she has tried texting/calling me but i ignored them.

Tonight one of my very best friends (a girl) has been speaking to her. She told me that she (my ex) has changed and shes a different person. But i still dont want anything to do with her and keep my position with her blocked on my fb...etc My friend calls me stubborn because i wont give her a chance, am i stubborn? or am i well in rights to not speak to her after her hurting me so much. My friend just simply doesnt get the amount of hurt she caused me and how bitchy/lying my ex really is

WHAT.
How is that even possible?
Did she have them lined up outside the bedroom door or something?
"Okay that was fun, NEXT."
Original post by IlexBlue
WHAT.
How is that even possible?
Did she have them lined up outside the bedroom door or something?
"Okay that was fun, NEXT."

Kissing counts as cheating maybe? Only way I can think how it would work.

Hi :biggrin: I have a friend who was on the other end of your situation (i.e. she was the one doing the cheating) and although it was quite different in that things were much less serious than you guys, I totally understood how the guy felt and made sure she realised how stupid she'd been, I'd have hated it to happen to me.

Anyway sounds to me like she had no intentions of being loyal, and yes getting drunk etc can cause you to do stupid things (I include myself in this statement :doh:) but I really don't think you're being irrational, she hurt you and she has to know how hard it was for you. At the end of the day you did give her a second chance. I take it you let her know just how much she hurt you first time round... She can't really expect you to just forgive and forget again unless she really is serious about wanting to patch things up and making it up to you. If you think she's just realised she can come back to you as a backup option then you know you can't let her. Also the fact that you hurt so much when she cheated could say two things... 1) If she cheated again it's just going to hurt more, or 2) It shows how muh you really liked her. Trust your gut instinct on what kind of person she is now. Can she really change so much in 6 (plus) months? So to answer your question, no, I don't think you're being stubborn, I think your own feelings are what count and she should have known that you would've reacted like this.
Hope I've helped even a little... :smile:
Reply 5

No you’re not stubborn, you’re realistic.

I’m thinking that your ‘friend’ is a better friend of your ex.

If you seriously considering getting back with her please pm me as I have some great bridges and also some really ‘nice’ one owner car’s for sale.
People dont change, end of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending