The Student Room Group

I gave someone an STI, I feel so horrible :(

I think I've given my sex buddy chlamydia. He has a red rash all over his chest and I have had abdominal pain. I didn't know I was infected, and I feel so horrible and guilty. I didn't know abdominal pain was a sign of chlamydia until yesterday, so I just left everything alone since 3 weeks ago when I had the pain, after two days the pain went and I thought nothing else of it. I feel like a dirty sket and he doesn't want to see me anymore :frown:

Just wanted to write it down I guess.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Chin up.

If you didn't know about it, what could you do? Just respect his wishes, and get on with things. There's nothing to be inherently shameful of, just don't make a big deal about it.
If you have an STI, and you gave him an STI. You could goto jail if you never told him, if he reports it!

Actually, you probably wont go to jail, but I remember reading a story where it happened in Germany.
Reply 3
I'm really sorry you're going through that! :frown:
I guess you should both just get treated and if he doesn't want to speak to you anymore then you'll just have to let him do as he wants :/ if he's only a sex buddy then its not the worse thing in the world.
As for feeling like a dirty sket, it happens to loads of people, so try not to worry too much!
The main thing is that you can now both receive treatment before you possibly pass it on to somebody else. Remember to always use condoms with a new partner or if neither of you have been checked recently for STIs.
Original post by Bektas
If you have an STI, and you gave him an STI. You could goto jail if you never told him, if he reports it!

Actually, you probably wont go to jail, but I remember reading a story where it happened in Germany.

I'm sure that was someone deliberately infecting others with aids.... :rolleyes:
If its chlamydia its easily treated with antibiotics, try not to worry!

Adominal pain is a sign of a sti? :| you can't get it you use condoms right?
Original post by Bektas

That will have been to do with HIV not a minor STI like the OP, as they prosecute it as assualt
Reply 8
Original post by Bektas

I think you would only go to jail if it caused permanent damage and you knew you had it, but didn't take measures to prevent spreading it. I remember a case during my A-Levels about a guy that purposely gave women HIV, he was found guilty (and rightly so!)

OP, don't worry about it. It's only wrong if you knew you had it but had unprotected sex anyway, and it takes 2 to tango! He should have taken care to use protection too - it's both people's responsibility not just yours. At least you realised you had it and so could get treated for it.
Original post by helpneeded-a
If its chlamydia its easily treated with antibiotics, try not to worry!

Adominal pain is a sign of a sti? :| you can't get it you use condoms right?

There's a much lower risk when using condoms, yes. However a lot of people seem to forget about using protection during oral sex...
Reply 10
Original post by ellakrystina
There's a much lower risk when using condoms, yes. However a lot of people seem to forget about using protection during oral sex...

It's not that we forget about using protection in oral sex, we just don't want to. I'd rather be sucking on a penis than a vanilla flavoured plastic cloth.
Original post by Cinqueta
It's not that we forget about using protection in oral sex, we just don't want to. I'd rather be sucking on a penis than a vanilla flavoured plastic cloth.

I'd also rather have sex without condoms but I'd also rather not have Chlamydia. There's no harm in using condoms until you've both been tested.
Stop having sex in public toilets then -_-
lol joke.
Reply 13
Should have used a condom, especially if you're going to have gay sex. :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Haven't you been tested? You have to, chlamydia is not the only think you risk here.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you refuse to use condoms with someone you're not exclusive with (and it's gay sex, none the less), this will be the first of many STIs scares.
Original post by Bektas

The case in Germany involved an HIV positive woman having unprotected sex whilst knowing she was HIV positive...
Reply 16
be thankful it wasn't AIDS.
Reply 17
ewwwww
So you had unprotected sex with another guy before this dude? if so you are a dirty slag.

if however the only guy you've slept with is your sex buddy I think you should understand that it was him that gave it to you.
Reply 19
Original post by Bektas

Well, that was aids

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending