The Student Room Group

Eton vs Westminster?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
so, have you actually got into these schools?
Reply 21
I was at Westminster. Would not change it for the world. Loved it, especially VIth and Remove. My bro went to Eton, and he has similarly high praise. Though, completely different atmospheres. Westminster is very metropolitan but with a real mix of tradition - being bang in the centre of London has had a really positive effect on the way the school is run and how it perceives itself. Eton sadly lacks that, but makes up for it in other ways.
Original post by Orwell
so, have you actually got into these schools?

No , but if i had decided on Westminster was the way to go , i wouldn't have to go through the trouble of applying for Eton
eton...the biggest dick i know goes to westminster
Think it through.
Original post by Law123mus
Think it through.

That's an Oxford thing not an Eton thing..
Original post by Summergirl.x
That's an Oxford thing not an Eton thing..

I know
I know

Well then surely it's an irrelevant point.?
Well then surely it's an irrelevant point.?

David cameron is in the picture, he went to eton, he is a pretentious **** hence the photo.
Original post by Fat-Love
I imagine this thread is gonna get a lot of bashing from a lot of ignorant people who don't understand that majority of kids in private schools come out perfectly normal and that only a few come out as posh snobs. It's just like state schools the majority come out as nice people and you only a get a few thugs/chavs.

P.S I go to a state sixth form. My private school friends are perfectly normal.

That my friend, is a lie!

also, why on earth would you want to become a toff? Going to either of these will guarantee your toff-status. Just go to a normal state comp. i say. That way, anything you achieve you will achive of your own accord and not from being spoon fed. That is a real test of whether you have brains or not. After all, someone with 4A's from state school is smarter than someone with 4A's from eton or westminster....hell of a lot nicer too:wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
After meeting students from Eton and Westminster at my Oxford interview it seems to me that both schools are excellent... This whole idea of students being pretentious only applies sometimes... I thought the people I met were lovely!
Reply 31
Original post by blue_shift86
That my friend, is a lie!

also, why on earth would you want to become a toff? Going to either of these will guarantee your toff-status. Just go to a normal state comp. i say. That way, anything you achieve you will achive of your own accord and not from being spoon fed. That is a real test of whether you have brains or not. After all, someone with 4A's from state school is smarter than someone with 4A's from eton or westminster....hell of a lot nicer too:wink:

Meh, I'd like to go to Eton or Westminster if I could - just for the experience. Also I had a fair amount of dicks at my college, even though it wasnt posh at all.
David cameron is in the picture, he went to eton, he is a pretentious **** hence the photo.

Surely everyone has done something in their life they regret? Especially at university. To actually stop your ignorance, watch this: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/when-boris-met-dave.
Even so, I happen to know some lovely people that went to Eton that aren't "pretentious ****"
Reply 33
Westminster: co-ed, better academically, less "posh" stereotypically, Nick Clegg
Eton: not co-ed, worse academically, more "posh", David Cameron

That said, for me:
Good State School > Good Grammar > Westminster > Eton
Reply 34
Think it through.

Of course, the president that year was Westminster-educated.
Original post by vms1993
After meeting students from Eton and Westminster at my Oxford interview it seems to me that both schools are excellent... This whole idea of students being pretentious only applies sometimes... I thought the people I met were lovely!

they just wanted to sleep with you. Normally they're pricks!
Original post by FamousFourTops
Erm...You could go to neither and have a sixth-form experience which wouldn't leave you socially crippled and unable to function in the normal world...But, if you insist, I would go for Eton.

Social snobbery.
Oh-so-not-cool.

The rich are as much "socially crippled and unable to function in the normal world" as every poor person is a crack-snorting benefit-cheating preggers slob.

Get real.

Funnily enough these people unable to function in the real world are probably those who's butt you'll be licking in a few years time begging for a pay-rise.

I think they'll "function" pretty well.
Reply 37
Neither. Winchester is better than both of them. No personal bias whatsoever... :biggrin:
Surely everyone has done something in their life they regret? Especially at university. To actually stop your ignorance, watch this: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/when-boris-met-dave.
Even so, I happen to know some lovely people that went to Eton that aren't "pretentious ****"

Yeah I believe you:wink:, :^This guy^:rolleyes:
Reply 39
Original post by blue_shift86
they just wanted to sleep with you. Normally they're pricks!

1. They failed then?
2. One was girl (she was not les)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending