The Student Room Group

Should I talk to my bf about this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JazzyBär
My girlfriend was in a similar situation, in a way, and still technically is... a lot more serious than that. She left the country because of it, and is with me now, in England.

Her telling me was very important, because if I hadn't have known, a lot of things would never have made sense. it first of all would have scared the **** out of me, that a guy was after her. It annoyed me. It was a good decision on her part. If it effects your boyfriend, or he will come into contact with your ex, let him know, especially if you trust him, and want this to last.

If he randomly finds out down the line, he'll be wondering why you didn't say anything. If he's a good boyfriend he'll want to share the problem not let you simmer the whole time.

Jazzy.
Xx

Original post by HaHaLOL
omg i was in a nearly identical situation, i know exactly how u feel xx .

I had not told my new boyfreind about what had happened with my ex, because i was uncomfortable about telling him some of the details. Then out of nowhere a new situation arose with my ex, and the whole thing just blew up in my face. my new boyfreind found out about everything, and it nearly ruined our relationship because he could not come to terms with the fact that i hadn't told him sooner.

If you want my advice, i think you should take a chance and tell your boyfreind everything. it will show him that you trust him, and he sounds lovely so im sure he will be understanding and will support you.

theres no point trying to hide these kind of things, you shouldn't have to go through it alone, and your boyfreind should be one of the people you can talk to :smile:

good luckk x

Thanks for your replies. Just to let you and everyone else know... my bf already knows about my ex. It was him that persuaded me to report him to the police in the first place. He just doesn't know about yesterday in the supermarket.
Original post by CB91
It happened to you once, so all men are like that? Nice generalisation there.

And I felt like calling you one, seeing as you are quite obviously stupid and ignorant. :fyi:

OxfordDictionaries

whore(whore)
Pronunciation:/h??/
noun
derogatory

a prostitute.
a promiscuous woman.

Not really stupid or ignorant. :fyi:
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Not really stupid or ignorant. :fyi:

I call her stupid and ignorant for generalising all men. :facepalm2:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by CB91
I call her stupid and ignorant for generalising all men. :facepalm2:

Really?

Original post by CB91
It happened to you once, so all men are like that? Nice generalisation there.

And I felt like calling you one, seeing as you are quite obviously stupid and ignorant. :fyi:

One stupid and ignorant?

:rolleyes:
Really?

One stupid and ignorant?

:rolleyes:

It was a random insult because she is stupid and ignorant for generalising. Capiche?
Original post by CB91
It was a random insult because she is stupid and ignorant for generalising. Capiche?

Sure :wink:
Sure :wink:

Ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending