The Student Room Group

Error on ucas application - which one of these should i contact?

i rang UCAS earlier on today and informed them that i had might a slight error on my UCAS form. they told me that it wouldn't have no implications and could contact the universities if i wish to do so

should i email the university itself or email the admissions tutor of the course?

thanks in advance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by lks
i rang UCAS earlier on today and informed them that i had might a slight error on my UCAS form. they told me that it wouldn't have no implications and could contact the universities if i wish to do so

should i email the university itself or email the admissions tutor of the course?

thanks in advance

have u finished your application and sent it off because track is not available right now?

https://track.ucas.com/status/index.html
Reply 2
lks
OP
Original post by MylesXD
have u finished your application and sent it off because track is not available right now?

https://track.ucas.com/status/index.html

forgot to mention, yeah i have sent it off and the assistant at ucas told me that once the form is sent off - there is no way of changing it
Reply 3
Original post by lks
forgot to mention, yeah i have sent it off and the assistant at ucas told me that once the form is sent off - there is no way of changing it

:/ you have 14 days to change it from the day you have sent it BUT as track is not available either email UCAS or wait until tracks back online and withdraw your application and make the necessary changes :smile: , you would have to get your college to re-send it again though
Reply 4
lks
OP
Original post by MylesXD
:/ you have 14 days to change it from the day you have sent it BUT as track is not available either email UCAS or wait until tracks back online and withdraw your application and make the necessary changes :smile: , you would have to get your college to re-send it again though

i'll have to wait untill track is up and running then - what happens if the universities are already processing my application and i withdraw it?

would you email the admissions tutor or the university itself?
Original post by lks
i'll have to wait untill track is up and running then - what happens if the universities are already processing my application and i withdraw it?

What is the error?
Reply 6
Original post by lks

yeah what is the error?
Reply 7
lks
OP
Original post by MylesXD
yeah what is the error?

i put an AS level subject (pending - going to be awarded in june-august) in the GCE advanced level section (pending)
(edited 13 years ago)
Personally I would ring the universities up. E-mails can take awhile to be replied to whereas if you're actually speaking to someone there and then, things are more likely to be resolved at a quicker pace.
Original post by lks
i put an AS level subject (pending - going to be awarded in june-august) in the GCE advanced level section (pending)

Don't withdraw an application over that.

E-mail the unis to inform them of the error.
Reply 10
Original post by lks

hahaha, could just ring up UCAS see if they will change it, or just ring up the unis :smile: it will be sooo much easy then withdrawing your applications but is up 2 you :smile:
Reply 11
lks
OP
Original post by MylesXD
hahaha, could just ring up UCAS see if they will change it, or just ring up the unis :smile: it will be sooo much easy then withdrawing your applications but is up 2 you :smile:

i rang ucas and they said its nothing major, and to email the university. i wanted to know if i should email the university itself or the admissions tutor of the course?
Original post by MylesXD

No, it's not - withdraw it and that it, over for this cycle. He'd need to reapply next year.
Original post by lks
i rang ucas and they said its nothing major, and to email the university. i wanted to know if i should email the university itself or the admissions tutor of the course?

Admissions tutor of the course.
Reply 14
lks
OP
Original post by TheSownRose
No, it's not - withdraw it and that it, over for this cycle. He'd need to reapply next year.

i'm glad track is down then incase i did try to withdraw it. they should understand though as extended project is generally an AS level subject. however i will email the uni's
Reply 15

why don't u read it? you are allow to withdraw it within 14 days on the day of the welcome letter
Reply 16
lks
OP
Admissions tutor of the course.

thanks, do you think it will weaken my application?
Original post by MylesXD
why don't u read it? you are allow to withdraw it within 14 days on the day of the welcome letter

You can withdraw your application at any time. However, OP still wants to go to university and, if he withdraws it, he cannot enter another application.
Original post by lks
thanks, do you think it will weaken my application?

No - people make mistakes like this all the time. :smile:
I'd just email the admissions department of each university, I did that for a much more serious error and they were very good about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending