The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Roo Bix
Maybe he just enjoyed your company, and realized that pursuing things with you may not have been what he wanted.

yes but then why was he doing this while dating the other girl and telling me he was single, spending xmas with 'friends' instead of his gf? he doesnt seem the cheating type?

also how can i be sure if he is religious or just pretending to be t impress me?

@ anon 2, no this is nothing like your situation. mines is a guy dating a girl while pretending to be single and flirting with me. yours is totally different and i think you have just brought it up to hijack my thread. make your own.:mad:
Reply 21
well OP and all those dudes saying 'men are nice they dont all cheat', what other reasons are there for flirting and pretending to be single ?? if you ask me thats pretty much cheating already.

so to anser your Q, he is leading you on for his ego, and for the possiblility of a fling outside his main girl. why? because you seen naive and easily manipulated AND all men are dogs.

if anyone has another answer, or alternative suggestion please post it before negging me. otherwise you know im right.
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
yes but then why was he doing this while dating the other girl and telling me he was single, spending xmas with 'friends' instead of his gf? he doesnt seem the cheating type?

also how can i be sure if he is religious or just pretending to be t impress me?

@ anon 2, no this is nothing like your situation. mines is a guy dating a girl while pretending to be single and flirting with me. yours is totally different and i think you have just brought it up to hijack my thread. make your own.:mad:

Is he officially with that girl, as in, they were/are a couple while flirting with you?
Reply 23
She's better looking that you / she put out a lot quicker than you did.
Reply 24
hi guys, thanks for some real advice
Roo Bix
Is he officially with that girl, as in, they were/are a couple while flirting with you?

i really dont know, i only found out from someone else. he said he was 'seeing' her but they are spending xmas together so it must be serious. however he is still flirting with me and checking me out, even though i think he knows that i know he has someone

Original post by d0mz
She's better looking that you / she put out a lot quicker than you did.

she isnt as good looking as me, as other peopel i know have seen her and said the same, she is average looking and nearly 30. but she is alot more accessible for putting otu and a relationship, she phones himm twice a day asking him out all the time. whereas since we work together it makes it awkward for us to date or anything, plus when im dating, im not having sex until engaged (and he knows this) plus i like the guy to take the lead, im not one to phone a guy all the time asking him out.
Reply 25
what??? ok not all guys cheat, but most. the OP is a blatant example of cheating, and i used hyperbole ok? that dude sounds like he is taking advantage and a total playah looking for attention from two girls at once. men are **** :mad:

@OP most men are link this. if he is rich, ride him like sea-biscuit for his money then dump him.
Reply 26
hi guys, thanks for some real advice

i really dont know, i only found out from someone else. he said he was 'seeing' her but they are spending xmas together so it must be serious. however he is still flirting with me and checking me out, even though i think he knows that i know he has someone

she isnt as good looking as me, as other peopel i know have seen her and said the same, she is average looking and nearly 30. but she is alot more accessible for putting otu and a relationship, she phones himm twice a day asking him out all the time. whereas since we work together it makes it awkward for us to date or anything, plus when im dating, im not having sex until engaged (and he knows this) plus i like the guy to take the lead, im not one to phone a guy all the time asking him out.

Well this is where you need to start being realistic. You two are not together, so you can't take your relationship with him as serious as you would like, which is what you should be doing (taking it easy), in effort to protect your feelings a little more.

He shouldn't be leading you on. But likewise you shouldn't be expecting him to be exclusive when you, yourself, haven't made any real moves to certify a relationship with him. Chivalry, by all means, but you can't always 'expect' for any guy to be exclusive to you if you don't take any actions in proceeding a relationship.
OP I think that because your a younger women HE felt you were some what stroking his ego so thats why he acted that way whilst really knowing that he wanted someone mature n older!

I was flirting with a olderman me 21 n he is in mid 20s he lead me on saying he wanted a serious relationship alway asking for my number chased me 3 months and when I though ok lets give him a chance he decided to tell me to go... n that he was old for me now i see him flirting with 19 year olds :confused:

men like that are only looking for attention but really will only settle for a wise, mature, on their level experience wise women!!

Older men for you :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Roo Bix
Well this is where you need to start being realistic. You two are not together, so you can't take your relationship with him as serious as you would like, which is what you should be doing (taking it easy), in effort to protect your feelings a little more.

He shouldn't be leading you on. But likewise you shouldn't be expecting him to be exclusive when you, yourself, haven't made any real moves to certify a relationship with him. Chivalry, by all means, but you can't always 'expect' for any guy to be exclusive to you if you don't take any actions in proceeding a relationship.

no you have the wrong end of the stick. im not saying he should be exclusive to me or anything. im askin, why is he flirting with me, leading me on and telling me he is single when he actually has a girl he is dating/in a relationship with?

sure he can date others, as i am, but if you are in a relationship or dating someone seriously you should not be flirting with other girls and telling them you are single. why would he do this other than to cheat?

purebeauty
OP I think that because your a younger women HE felt you were some what stroking his ego so thats why he acted that way whilst really knowing that he wanted someone mature n older!

I was flirting with a olderman me 21 n he is in mid 20s he lead me on saying he wanted a serious relationship alway asking for my number chased me 3 months and when I though ok lets give him a chance he decided to tell me to go... n that he was old for me now i see him flirting with 19 year olds

men like that are only looking for attention but really will only settle for a wise, mature, on their level experience wise women!!

Older men for you

no this isnt the same. there is a massive maturity gap between a 19 year old teenager and a 25 year old. no offence but if i as a 24 year old dated a 18/19 year old i would feel like a paedo.

whereas im almost 25 and he's 30, we both have finished uni and work together. i cant tell if is an ego thing, but he is definately checking me out like my body and everything so he definately fancies me. and if it was an ego thng only, why would he say he is single?

also he told me he broke up with his ex because she cheated on him. but he told everyone else that they 'grew apart'. it seems like he is playing me, but i dont get it? he is a nice guy and Christian and everything.

since we work together if he played me it would make everything awkward. the other girl does seem to be much easier calling him all the time etc.why is he lying and leading me on?
Reply 29

one word. men.
Original post by shinytoy
most women are like that. it is for the attention.

Fixed that for you.

OP, he probably has been leading you on. The only way to know for sure is to ask, but there are many people of both genders who like to play with other people's hearts.

Everyone does it, to a greater or lesser extent. But it seems as though this guy crossed the line.
Reply 31
I think you should go to the bible for answers. I'm sure that will solve everything.
Original post by shinytoy
one word. men.

And some women aren't like that? :rolleyes:
Reply 33
no you have the wrong end of the stick. im not saying he should be exclusive to me or anything. im askin, why is he flirting with me, leading me on and telling me he is single when he actually has a girl he is dating/in a relationship with?

sure he can date others, as i am, but if you are in a relationship or dating someone seriously you should not be flirting with other girls and telling them you are single. why would he do this other than to cheat?

no this isnt the same. there is a massive maturity gap between a 19 year old teenager and a 25 year old. no offence but if i as a 24 year old dated a 18/19 year old i would feel like a paedo.

whereas im almost 25 and he's 30, we both have finished uni and work together. i cant tell if is an ego thing, but he is definately checking me out like my body and everything so he definately fancies me. and if it was an ego thng only, why would he say he is single?

also he told me he broke up with his ex because she cheated on him. but he told everyone else that they 'grew apart'. it seems like he is playing me, but i dont get it? he is a nice guy and Christian and everything.

since we work together if he played me it would make everything awkward. the other girl does seem to be much easier calling him all the time etc.why is he lying and leading me on?

guys can anyone help with the above?

@ shinytoy - not all men cheat, but it is hard to tell which ones are ok. as for this guy i dont know if he is looking to cheat or what his game is hence this thread.

can anyone help? what do i do?
Reply 34

i think most guys are like this though, seriously even if he isnt trying to cheat.
Reply 35
nobody has answered my op though, what does it mean why is he doing this? maybe he is a player? pls help i dont have much experience

He's doing it because it boosts his ego to string you along while he's shagging other women.

Stop flirting with him (he's obviously not the kind of man you want?), but not too obviously, otherwise he will try to pull you in by pretending to be all "hurt" by your "rejection".
How do you know she is actually his missus? Did you hear it from someone you trust - could be BS, no need to write the guy off...
He sounds like a jerk, if he lies to you, then surely he's not worth it? It wouldn't matter if he told you the truth, but to me, it sounds like he got bored of being in a relationship. then bored of being single. Unfortunately, some guys are like that, it'd probably be best to move on and find a nicer guy! :smile:
Reply 38
Don't go there.
Too manipulative and experienced for you.
Reply 39
hummingbird002
He sounds like a jerk, if he lies to you, then surely he's not worth it? It wouldn't matter if he told you the truth, but to me, it sounds like he got bored of being in a relationship. then bored of being single. Unfortunately, some guys are like that, it'd probably be best to move on and find a nicer guy!

i dont get it though, he's a really devout christian, he said he's only had 3 gfs. so how can he be a playah? i dont udnerstnd why he lied. is there any way he might actually secretly like me and want to be with me seriously? from what i have heard, the other girl is putting herself on a plate for him and ringing him to ask hi out all the time. most guys would go for that because its easy, meanwhile they would pursue the girl they actually like.
Original post by GdotL
Don't go there.
Too manipulative and experienced for you.

is there no way he might actually be a nice guy? he is very religious and has only had 3 gfs (he says).

llys
He's doing it because it boosts his ego to string you along while he's shagging other women.

but he is devoutly christian though, many people say he goes church all the time.

Latest

Trending

Trending