The Student Room Group

Surely, I'm not falling for him.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by xnatalie01x
Yawn11 lost for words? That's a first :rolleyes:

I anticipated someone saying this, and I stil don't have a response.

Spoiler

Reply 21
I think meeting up would be the best way of seeing how things develop :smile:
if you never meet up, things could develop online, but that's all it would ever be, and things could get frustrating

meeting up would show you whether you have any real chemistry, but you run the risk of finding him awkward/different in person and losing what you currently have as a result
BUT it could be awesome

so yeah, i think weigh up the risks and gains :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by TheHeart
Thank you!
Are you guys still friends?

A while ago he said that a girl had asked him out and he had said no and when I asked why he said that he didn't like her. Then he said that she kept emailing her and how she was going on about how she would never be happy with him in his life. I don't know to what extent this was true but I reckon he said it all to make me jealous and at the time I wasn't.

However, with me never being in a relationship as I'm a generally shy person - I'm just really scared. He asked me a few months back when I was ready to date and when I said 18 this was his response : :wink: I guess I'll have to wait until then. So, I do think he likes me so our feelings could be mutual but like I said I'm scared. We have such a strong friendship that I wouldn't want anything to ruin that and a relationship is just too much for me, with exams and all.

Yes, we're still friends now. We don't speak as much these days, but we did speak last night, and agreed to try to be better friends, because for ages we never spoke. I told her I've missed her, and missed the in-depth conversations we used to have. Like I said, the love isn't really there any more, but I'm really glad that we're still friends.

I've never had a relationship either. Women and I don't get on as a rule, so that's just never happened.

Don't be scared, please don't be scared. If your feelings are reciprocated, then you're on safe ground, because he will no more want to hurt you than you will him, meaning that if you really aren't compatible, it'll end sooner rather then later, before you've invested all your feelings in each other. But then, you might find ways to cope with the differences.

If your friendship is strong, then you've got a strong foundation for a relationship; relationships should always be built on strong foundations in order to stand the test of time.

And in stressful times, a loving partner to spur you on and encourage you can never be a bad thing. There have been times when I've been under stress at college/uni, and I've been so lonely, longing for someone to go home and hug at the end of the day, to encourage me, and for me to encourage.
Reply 23
Original post by Tootles
Yes, we're still friends now. We don't speak as much these days, but we did speak last night, and agreed to try to be better friends, because for ages we never spoke. I told her I've missed her, and missed the in-depth conversations we used to have. Like I said, the love isn't really there any more, but I'm really glad that we're still friends.

I've never had a relationship either. Women and I don't get on as a rule, so that's just never happened.

Don't be scared, please don't be scared. If your feelings are reciprocated, then you're on safe ground, because he will no more want to hurt you than you will him, meaning that if you really aren't compatible, it'll end sooner rather then later, before you've invested all your feelings in each other. But then, you might find ways to cope with the differences.

If your friendship is strong, then you've got a strong foundation for a relationship; relationships should always be built on strong foundations in order to stand the test of time.

And in stressful times, a loving partner to spur you on and encourage you can never be a bad thing. There have been times when I've been under stress at college/uni, and I've been so lonely, longing for someone to go home and hug at the end of the day, to encourage me, and for me to encourage.

Thank you.
Finally a person with feelings :')
And your a guy too. Maybe sometimes guy friends are better than girls.
I hope it works out with your friend and once again thank you :smile:
Reply 24
Thank you.
Finally a person with feelings :')
And your a guy too. Maybe sometimes guy friends are better than girls.
I hope it works out with your friend and once again thank you :smile:
Thank you :smile:

Having feelings like I do can be a problem at times, though, because I haven't got anyone to love, and if there's one thing I want to be able to do, it's give my love to anyone.

I don't think there's likely to be love between her and me again, to be honest. We've grown apart over the past couple of years.

It's quite alright, don't worry. Just see what he says, and let yourself love him if he loves you.
Reply 25
Original post by Tootles

Having feelings like I do can be a problem at times, though, because I haven't got anyone to love, and if there's one thing I want to be able to do, it's give my love to anyone.

I don't think there's likely to be love between her and me again, to be honest. We've grown apart over the past couple of years.

It's quite alright, don't worry. Just see what he says, and let yourself love him if he loves you.

I know how you feel, it sucks. Your a genuine person, wait and hopefully you'll find someone who is worth your love.
If you ever need girl advice then let us know :smile:
We'll see how it goes, I'll probably go off him if he likes me, I'm confusing like that. Like people have said in the past, I'm a puzzle. If I crush on a guy and it turns out our feelings are mutual I start looking at all the bad things about him and eventually be turned off. Life sucks sometimes.
Reply 26
Original post by Yawn11
I anticipated someone saying this, and I stil don't have a response.

Spoiler

How ironic.
Reply 27
How ironic.

Well done for establishing the established.
Reply 28
Original post by Yawn11
Well done for establishing the established.

You are so welcome.
Reply 29
I know how you feel, it sucks. Your a genuine person, wait and hopefully you'll find someone who is worth your love.
If you ever need girl advice then let us know :smile:
We'll see how it goes, I'll probably go off him if he likes me, I'm confusing like that. Like people have said in the past, I'm a puzzle. If I crush on a guy and it turns out our feelings are mutual I start looking at all the bad things about him and eventually be turned off. Life sucks sometimes.

I hope it goes OK. Maybe this might be an exception to the way you normally are? But good luck.
Reply 30
Original post by Tootles

I hope it goes OK. Maybe this might be an exception to the way you normally are? But good luck.

:smile:

He came online this morning and we spoke for a good few hours but I've not noticed this before, but I reckon he's become so 'comfortable' with me that he actually makes fun out of me and sort of treats me like crap. I dislike him. Quite a lot now. Feelings, have gone away...
basically some guy liked you, you came up with a bull reason for why you wouldn't date hime, he believes you and stupidly decides to wait around, he finally gets fed up of waiting and all of a sudden you now like him, he notices he now has a chance and begins to talk to you again, you go back off him (shock).
to sum it up, you only want to keep him around so you can get an ego boost out of it knowing full well you'll never give him a chance and that guys a big enough idiot not to realise and move on
Reply 32
:smile:

He came online this morning and we spoke for a good few hours but I've not noticed this before, but I reckon he's become so 'comfortable' with me that he actually makes fun out of me and sort of treats me like crap. I dislike him. Quite a lot now. Feelings, have gone away...

Oh, I'm sorry, I really am. But might it not be possible that he's just teasing you, like people who are really comfortable around each other do?

But anyway, I'll give you a hug.

:hugs:
Reply 33
Original post by Tootles
Oh, I'm sorry, I really am. But might it not be possible that he's just teasing you, like people who are really comfortable around each other do?

But anyway, I'll give you a hug.

:hugs:

I really don't know.

xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending