The Student Room Group

Making a reply

Scroll to see replies

Original post by confusedundergrad
Ahh i didnt know you could take an insurance, and reject your firm if you wanted!
They are both 260 but sheffield has a slightly higher requirement with respect to how many points must come from A2, so i could firm sheff, higher, and insure lincoln, slightly lower - but then take either if i got 260?

I've been told that if you match (or exceed) what your firm wanted then you have no choice but to accept your firm.
Original post by EcstaticMuse
Oh, I don't know if you can do that. Might want to check with UCAS to make sure. But I assume that if you didn't get it from A2 entirely, then Sheffield would be invalidated and you could go to Lincoln. On the flip side, you could always email Sheffield and still go, if they let you by short of a few marks.

Hmm well both want 260, but Sheff want 160 of that from A2 (CED!), as where lincoln havn't specified, the 260 must just include two A2s, even at (EE)!
So i guess Lincoln is the lower offer, but yet its my preferred uni, so do i firm or insure?
Original post by confusedundergrad
Hmm well both want 260, but Sheff want 160 of that from A2 (CED!), as where lincoln havn't specified, the 260 must just include two A2s, even at (EE)!
So i guess Lincoln is the lower offer, but yet its my preferred uni, so do i firm or insure?

If there's no way you'd want to go to Sheffield more than Lincoln, firm Lincoln and don't insurance anything, I suppose. Even if you did, unless you got around to finding a way of rejecting it, you wouldn't be able to go to your insurance if you met the firm's conditions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending