The Student Room Group

Have you ever sworn at your parents?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, but now that I think about it it's rarely in a serious way. Both of my parents are pretty foul-mouthed.

They're just words anyway.
Reply 81
Original post by bex_1_2_1
I never have. So disrespectful and I'd be punished!

'Punished'? :colone:
Reply 82
hahaha of course

standard end result of an argument

'**** off' or '**** you'
I would never swear AT my dad as he gets very uptight if I use bad grammar(!) never mind swearing! I wouldn't swear AT mum because it would really upset her, and I do respect them both too much for that. But they are both comfortable with swearing jokily in casual conversation :smile:
Reply 84
na, because they provided me education, they brought me into this world, they changed my nappies lol
Never have and never will. :h:
Reply 86
Yes.

Then immediately got a slap. :dry:
Never! I think they might have heard me swear a couple of times though, maybe to my brother or something, and they don't like it at all. And I've heard them swear a few times but only in very rare angry situations, like at lunatic drivers. We don't just swear in general conversation (I do this a lot with my friends though, so sometimes I have to consciously restrain myself and say 'for goodness sake instead of 'ffs', which I'm ashamed of!)
Swearing at them definitely wouldn't go down well.
Reply 88
I told her to shut up once, she didn't speak to me for a week. :ashamed2:
Reply 89
Never at my dad, but my mum rarely but especially when she pushes so far, its like your push to the edge, but either way i get a long lecture about swearing anyway. But its highly rare that i swear to anybody.

lol all the pictures everybody put up of a wooden spoon, slippers, belts and so on would of applied when i was 12 and below, now i can take the pain i just ask are you done, i have things to do. Or they just dont bother
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 90
nahhhh i havent. imagiinee!! i would well get a backhand lol. my parents have never even heard me swear, never mind swearin at dem! i find it well disrespectful thou so i wouldnt if i could :smile:
Behind their backs only
No ways :u:
Reply 93
Yes i cuss like a sailor with, at and in front of my parents all the time, i'm from a very liberal family and i am the last kid so i get a lot of privileges!
Reply 94
Original post by Smoosh
Only a couple of times, I get told off for even saying 'hell' :rolleyes: But earlier I told my dad I couldn't wait 'to move out of this ****ing house' and he didn't say anything back.
Probably because you broke his heart.
yes. but mum swears too soo it's less important.
Reply 96
I would get decapitated if I even raise my voice to my mum.
Yes
Reply 98
Yeah but only when I'm having a lie in and my Dad thinks it's funny to wake me up by tickling my feet. He knows I really hate it so i've told him to f*** off a couple of times. I'm only ever half awake though when I've said it though so it's excusable :smile:

Apart from those times I would never though, I respect them far too much.
(edited 13 years ago)
I have, she shouldn't have gotten me so mad. But i regret it and wish I can take it back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending