The Student Room Group

Guys: what's the point of a ONS?

What I'm trying to understand specifically is why someone would not want to see a girl anymore after seeing her once. If you're going to have casual sex, surely it makes more sense to see each person a few times. You've hardly come to understand each other after one time. Can sex actually be good this way?

Interested to hear guys' attitudes about one night stands generally. I guess (or hope) that they aren't all the same...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Shagging with no strings attached? Fun? Pleasure? A story to tell?

Pick any of the above.
NSA is a more appropriate term.
To lose their virginity to a drunk girl as they cannot do it by normal means.
I'm guessing because they enjoy sex without the commitment.
Reply 5
its the beer goggles effect! most of the time the person you wake up with isnt as good looking as you thought they were the night before...
Reply 6
It's fun? I don't really see why you need to 'understand' someone for it to be pleasurable.
Reply 7
:lolwut:

I think most guys who resort to that don't have a chance of a ONS anyway.
Reply 8
Original post by hamijack
:lolwut:

I think most guys who resort to that don't have a chance of a ONS anyway.

Or are Welsh.
Reply 9
I have never had a classic ONS, but have several times ****ed or "been with" a girl only once and then avoided her afterwards. Essentially that's because she was rubbish in bed, annoying, not as pretty as I thought, our lips didn't fit together well when kissing, or I simply woke up and no longer found her appealing but had no idea why.

Some of them were trophy ****s, where I only wanted to **** her because she was in some way "special" and I considered it a challenge or at least worth doing.

I'm always open to the idea of seeing her again, though, in theory.
Original post by Maestosa
What I'm trying to understand specifically is why someone would not want to see a girl anymore after seeing her once. If you're going to have casual sex, surely it makes more sense to see each person a few times. You've hardly come to understand each other after one time. Can sex actually be good this way?

Interested to hear guys' attitudes about one night stands generally. I guess (or hope) that they aren't all the same...

I dont understand it either...you cant just accuse guys though, the girl plays an equal role in it. I think its pretty sad that our generation has such little morals or principles, sort of makes the concept of sex as something special to disappear and were left with a generation of people who do casual sex and cheat...brilliant.

*Great, neg rep for speaking what someone clearly knows as the truth
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Most animals have one night stands don't they? In fact, humans are one of the only species to stick with a partner. So, OP, it isn't strange at all and definitely doesn't need justifying.
Reply 12
Original post by Maestosa

Woke up in an empty bed this morning :colondollar:?
Reply 13
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Or are Welsh.

Good point. Or is a New Zealand-er
Reply 14
Point is that there are no strings. Sometimes you don't want strings, you just want sex.

Friends with benefits never works properly imo.
Reply 15
I'm not interested in them, but I guess the logic is that:

Sex after a night out > jerking off alone then going to bed.
(edited 13 years ago)
Wow well to answer this i would need to have sex first, but i assume men sometimes aren't ready for sex and a relationship cuz they cannot be ****ed with all the committment involved, so they have non committal sex with sluts.
Reply 17
The point of a ONS is to exchange orgasms with someone who wants to exchange orgasms with you.
personally, it's because I enjoy the feeling of sex but I do not want to put in the amount of effort you need to put into a relationship. I don't really enjoy going on dates either. I wouldn't really ever want to get to know the girl as that would just be leading them on and unfair on them. It's better if we both know it was for fun and nothing else
Reply 19
Original post by SuperKell
Woke up in an empty bed this morning :colondollar:?

Not exactly... Was just feeling disappointed because I wanted a fling (i.e. still no strings) and it appears that he only wanted to see me once. :/ It started out fine but presumably I botched things up somewhere along the way. :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending