The Student Room Group

Are there any girls who have decided they never want to have kids?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Gavzzz
Why? Because I feel that kids are something to be most proud of?

Because you feel your life and everything you do is pointless.
Reply 141
Original post by Beautiful And Kind
Yeah, once you see your child you cant give unconditional and unwanted love to it. Its not human :frown:

lol
Reply 142
As a guy, well… I don't want kids either.
There's less pressure on us of course, but when I hear "when you'll be a father", "when you'll marry a girl and have children" from my family… urgh. I really want to thell them:

"1) I don't want to have children
2) I can't have children, because I am gay
3) The fact that I am gay means that I won't marry a girl, too
4) Even if I was straight, I wouldn't want to have children cause I ****ing hate babies and children and I would eat them alive if I could.
5) So, no, I won't adopt a kid either."

So, to answer the first question, I think there are [straight] guys that will never want to have children too.
Original post by Vohamanah
Yeah I know I don't want kids. I do quite like kids (when they are a fun age - 3,4,5ish - :eek:) but I certainly wouldn't want any of my own. My ex really wanted kids. Idk what would have happened if we had carried on. I'm not prepared to ruin my life with kids just to keep a man. Haha.

Following your logic, you are just rubbish and your mere existence ruined your parents life.
i have a friend who feels that way. she was recently in a car accident too so wouldn't be able to have kids in the natural way but she's fine with it, it's something she decided before her accident.
I don't want children. It really doesn't appeal to me at all.

The main problem is that I can barely look after myself and I don't think I have the patience or ability to look after a child and bring them up in the right way.

Most of my friends go 'awwwh' when they see a sweet little kid, but I seem to be the only one who realises that they're not always like that and they'll be screaming and crying and keeping you up all night.
Reply 146

Without any kids a man has no reason to stick around.

And WILL move on to the next best thing, a better looking bitch.
Original post by Anonymous
It's something that has been playing on my mind. I want to get married but then I have recently realised I don't ever want to have children. I just feel really inadequate and don't think I'm up to it emotionally. I just prefer the Carrie and Mr Big scenario.

Are there any girls who feel that way?

Guys, would you ever marry a girl who said they never want to have kids?

I don't want to have a child of my own, but I plan on adopting once I have a decent and stable income, after university and when I've worked my way up a little.

I'm not sure I want kids either. I think I might end up having them because of social pressures etc, and I do sometimes worry I may never get married because of it, but I'm not crazy about kids and babies, and I don't think I'll ever get broody or anything.
I don't want any kids either.
I love other people's kids. I used to work with kids during college, I love making babies smile on buses and I love the kids in my best friends family I just don't want any of my own.
It's as simple as the worry. If I were to have a kid I would be worried about it for the rest of my life. I'm in uni now but I even after I move out and possibly even move abroad, I know that my mum will still worry about me even though I'm grown up and living my own life. Call me selfish if you like, but I have enough to worry about.
Maybe I'll change my mind, and if I got pregnant by mistake I wouldn't abort and I would love my child if had one, but right now my thought is that I'm not sure if it'll be worth it.
For the same reason I don't think I'd be able to adopt. I think I'd rather put spare time and money into children's charities to help as many children as possible rather than adopt one that I may not even help all that much because I'd just be worrying about it all the time!
I'm also very career driven and what I want to do in the future doesn't leave much time for babies.
Reply 150
Original post by Cicerao
Because you feel your life and everything you do is pointless.

There is 'being happy with what I have done' and then there is 'being proud of what I have done'. I by no means feel that things I have done in my life are pointless, maybe I just have a different way of thinking about how I grade the two things.
It's been lingering at the back of my mind for a while...
I don't think I want children in theory or in practice. Not so much because I think they will impede my dazzling career-to-be, drive me insane during pregnancy and coax me into living the life of a frumpy old bag - though these are definite disadvantages, hah - I don't think I can handle it if my child were not happy.
If they were in bad health or discontented, and I know it's very egocentric of me to think so, I don't think I could take knowing there was nothing I could do to help them.
Nah I really do want kids, just wish childbirth didnt have to be so scary/painful!
Reply 153
Original post by Gavzzz
There is 'being happy with what I have done' and then there is 'being proud of what I have done'. I by no means feel that things I have done in my life are pointless, maybe I just have a different way of thinking about how I grade the two things.

It's not exactly a huge achievement when pretty much everyone between puberty and menopause can achieve it!
Original post by gleamingsun
Following your logic, you are just rubbish and your mere existence ruined your parents life.

I didn't say my offspring would be "just rubbish" =p And my parents wanted kids and were trying for kids so I presumably didn't ruin their lives. I am not my parents though, and I have different goals and aspirations. If you can't see that then your logic sucks. Or you've had one too many of the Christmas punch :wink:
Reply 155
Have absolutely no desire to ever have children - amongst other many reasons I do not want the lifestyle that goes along with them. For one thing I want to travel and work in other countries for most of my life, and enjoy being an adult without dependents. My long-term boyfriend does not want them either, so that works very well!
Original post by hannah234
Exactly. Why should a woman always be expected to put her career on hold, why not the father? it's as if a woman only has a secondary right to decide what happens in her own life, and that what she wants/ is best for her should be subjugated to what men want. Well, i'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way, and it's abhorrent that some men seem to expect this.

Feminism is nice but you're missing the bigger picture.

You're a girl. Your genes have developed (through your ancestry line) to put you in a better position than a man to look after your child in the environment you're in. The breast milk (which only mothers produce) is scientifically-proven to be much better for a child than bottled milk. And men? I've never seen a man lactate himself for a baby... hopefully I never will, lol.

Some men do look after the child while their women work... but it's really selling the baby short.. and you'd only be looking after the baby for a couple of years anyway until school/nursery starts, it's not a massive deal.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Altruistic1
Feminism:eek: is nice but you're missing the bigger picture.

You're a girl. Your genes have developed (through your ancestry line) to put you in a better position than a man to look after your child in the environment you're in. The breast milk (which only mothers pro:eek:duce) is scientifically-proven to be much better for a child than bottled milk. And men? I've never seen a man lactate:eek: himself for a baby... hopefully I never will, lol.

Some men do look after the child while their women work... but it's really selling the baby short.. and you'd only be looking after the baby for a couple of years anyway until school/nursery starts, it's not a massive deal.:eek:

MASSIVE DEAL!!!:eek: MASSIVE DEAL!!!!:eek:
Reply 158
Original post by Cicerao
It's not exactly a huge achievement when pretty much everyone between puberty and menopause can achieve it!

True I guess, but until you have had kids you can't argue a fully informed argument, admittedly neither can I as I don't have kids but I know what my parents have gone through to have me and my sister so I am a bit biased :biggrin:
Reply 159
Original post by Gavzzz
True I guess, but until you have had kids you can't argue a fully informed argument, admittedly neither can I as I don't have kids but I know what my parents have gone through to have me and my sister so I am a bit biased :biggrin:

Meh, I value love and pride heaps, but I'm really proud of my fella and his achievements, and I want to spend all my life loving him and giving him all of my attention. I don't need children to feel proud or feel love. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending