The Student Room Group

Boyfriend brings another girl - WTF!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
My girlfriend instigated a 'break' at the end of last month, and while I've grudgingly assented under the proviso that I should refrain from pursuing new relationships until she 'sorts her head out', I can't help feeling increasingly disaffected by the whole exercise. If you simply framed it as a unilateral cessation of intimacy/affection/romantic progression without attempting to clarify or legitimise the idea, then his decision to move on was quite understandable.
Reply 81
Original post by Revd. Mike
Inb4 Friends reference

"WE WERE ON A BREAAAK"
Haha I can't stop laughing whenever I think of that scene.:biggrin:
Original post by Nocturna
You deserve it for doing the whole "break" thing.

I don't think that's very nice, as you can tell that she didn't mean it. Oh the dire consequence of miscommunication!
Reply 83
Wow, what a crappy situation to be in OP. I think it was a genuine misunderstanding, but from his text it sounds as though he doesn't want to reconcile with you. I don't think you have a lot of choice in the matter now, sorry x
Reply 84
OP! I have total support for you! You were in the right and this guy sounds like he's a monster to womankind! His actions were heinous and your response was perfectly reasonable!

((Please note, this is not my truely helf belief - I feel sorry for the OP after 5 pages of "It's blates yo' fault" replies so thought I'd chuck her a bone :smile: For my honest opinion, apply a man-language filter and reverse everything I said))
Original post by failingatm
I thought you said you'd keep it short? :emo:

You should have clarified when you were telling him you wanted a break that it wasn't breaking up but a temp thing. :/ No wonder he got confused.

You can't blame him tbh. This is my opinion.

i agree.

i feel sorry for the guy! he clearly thought you'd broken up, how messed up must he feel? :s-smilie:
Reply 86
You should have decided on break rules before having a break. How was he to know? Breaks never help, if your relationship is worth the time and effort it has already had, a break would be pointless.
Sounds like it was doomed to fail the moment the break idea came into your head.

Btw your ex is a LAD
Reply 87
Your friends knew but didn't tell you? What's up with that
I have to say that OP got unlucky with the misunderstanding but come on.. a ''break'' - what else was the guy meant to think?

I think the ship has sailed OP, just move on with your life. I'm sure you'll meet someone awesome :smile:
Reply 89
WTF? He did it FTW!!
Original post by Profesh
My girlfriend instigated a 'break' at the end of last month, and while I've grudgingly assented under the proviso that I should refrain from pursuing new relationships until she 'sorts her head out', I can't help feeling increasingly disaffected by the whole exercise.

You do surprise me, Profesh. I thought you were too smart for all that =p
Original post by Nocturna
You deserve it for doing the whole "break" thing.

:ditto:

I don't think people, not just women, realise how easily misinterpreted it is. If you're going to break up, then break up. If not, then just give each other some space for a week or so, but don't bother pussy-footing about with "breaks" and the like because you end up with situations like this.
Original post by ussumane
WTF? He did it FTW!!

That shouldn't have made me laugh... :teehee:
Reply 93
Honestly, when relationships get to the 'we're on a break' phase it's already over. Don't be angry at him for extrapolating that you were finished with him. It's what most people would assume if their partner suggested a break.

If he's happy then you should respect that and move on yourself.
Original post by Violet Hill
He kept denying it and said I had broken up with HIM! I told him I was meaning to take him back soon after and he said that's bull **** and he doesn't believe in this 'break' stuff.

Well it should have already taught you a lesson that your boyfriend is not a dog (not that I approve this kind of behaviour towards animals...) and the part "I was meaning to take him back" is just disgusting. I am sorry to say this in an unpleasant way, but you can not expect him to patiently wait while your need for a "break" ends. Plus it is rubbish. People are either together or not and whatever personal problems you had, intimate social relationships are in fact usually supporting. Good for him, I say.
Reply 95
Original post by Violet Hill

I really need some advice now, how do I approach this? Was I in the wrong did I do something wrong???

Yeah tbh if my girlfriend wanted a 3 week break I'd consider it over...

You screwed up.
(edited 13 years ago)
Breaks are a load of rubbish.

Break = dump.

If you need to re-consider or think about being with somebody... well you may aswel not be with them at all, especially after being together for two years.

You had no real reason tbh, you could just not see each other for a while and have your space, you didn't need to go on a break.

He moved on fast, which he could have been more sympathetic about, but no-where did you mention taking him back.

It's done and he's gone.

Accept it love, sorry. :console:

You still have your family, education, work, and self to live for.

:hugs:
Reply 97
Original post by Drunk Punx
That shouldn't have made me laugh... :teehee:

Laugh, laugh away dude! That's my mission on TSR! To make people laugh in bad situations :biggrin:
Isnt gf/bfs supposesed to help you through hard times?
"We Were On A BREAK!"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending