The Student Room Group

If your other half's exs are ugly, does that mean you're ugly?

So my current boyfriend is the first boyfriend I've had who has been in serious relationships before (as opposed to a 1 week then when they're 14 etc),
and I can't help but notice his exs aren't that attractive, at all.
Even my mum noticed that his exs all looked similar, and weren't the prettiest.
Does this mean I'm ugly too? I asked a friend, but of course he said I was pretty.
I'm really paranoid :frown:

I'm debating whether or not to post pics, could be awkward if they're on here :s-smilie:

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Scroll to see replies

It must be. After all it must be reasonable to assume that because someone else in the world is ugly, that you are too.
Yes it means you are ugly simple. :biggrin: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHA
sucks to be you ey .. just joking ,, not sure ,, :s-smilie:
No, it doesn't mean a thing. Personality should be number one, not looks.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Reply 5

Lol this is why they say ignorance is bliss.

Sorry darling.

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by small_fry

made me lol. +1

OP, we can only give accurate feedback if you post a picture. :smile:
Reply 7
Why does your mum know what his ex's look like :curious:
Reply 8
Rubbish, obviously he is working his way up the ladder!
Reply 9
We can't really know unless you put up some pictures.
Why do you care if you are ugly if you are in a happy relationship why does it matter? if you are happy with your current partner wouldnt that be enough for you I mean you aren't going to get into a relationship with anybody else are you you will have some people calling you hot or ugly it all depends on the person anyway about his ex's maybe they were just unattractive to you theres no need to feel insecure unless you're like 500kg with no eyeballs and a hairy back then you can't really be ugly right :confused:

and yes post a pic theres not much to go on :>
Reply 11
Maybe your boyfriend just got lucky with you? :smile:
Reply 12
Ermm, no? I think you're just paranoid because it's your first relationship. Don't let his ex girlfriends level of attraction make you feel less self-confident! Plus, it would be worse if his ex girlfriends were very attractive. Don't you think?
Original post by Anonymous
So my current boyfriend is the first boyfriend I've had who has been in serious relationships before (as opposed to a 1 week then when they're 14 etc),
Does this mean I'm ugly too? I asked a friend, but of course he said I was pretty.

I'm debating whether or not to post pics, could be awkward if they're on here :s-smilie:

:facepalm:

I dont understand how you can call his ex's (or anyone) ugly and then not know what you think of yourself...
Do you look like his ex's?

Original post by nintendolad
No, it doesn't mean a thing. Personality should be number one, not looks.

Although, as much as we'd like to agree that personality should be number one...looks are equally important too. It would be unusual if you find the person you're dating unattractive.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Actually you might be more ugly, he has given up hope with the ugly ones therefore now he is hoping that if he "downgrades" the relationship might last longer.
Reply 15
Sorry, I felt a bit harsh with my other post, it was more OP's distortion of inductive logic which got me more than the sentiments behind the question.

The logic you're using is the same as saying 'my boyfriend's previous girlfriends all liked avocado, I am his girlfriend, therefore i must like avocado.' Or thereabouts :s . Being his girlfriend does not automatically make you unattractive. I think your question shows a great deal of insecurity and uncertainty, which is natural. We can't judge if you're ugly or not given the information in your post. Why would it even matter if you're ugly? You've got a boyfriend who (presumably) loves you. And given that you've got a boyfriend (whose looks please you) then the assumption is you can't be bad looking in the first place.

Beauty is a very overrated quality anyway.

Hope that makes sense :s
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Don't you have your own opinion of your looks?
What would you give his exs on average out of 10? And what would you give yourself?

Or did you think you were pretty but this has destroyed your fragile sense of self-confidence and now you must be a munter? What?

O dea.
Reply 17
He finds you attractive enough to have on his arm and vice versa.

This should be all that matters.
Nope. My boyfriend's exes aren't exactly model material, and according to Tom, when he introduced me to her, she said to him (once I'd left the room!) "she's pretty, isn't she!"

Nice to know I look better than a drug addict.....
Original post by Anonymous

Oh my gosh! You didn't know?! It's one of the oldest rules in the book - 'if your boyfriend's exes are ugly, then it means you look like an orc'.
Are you f***ing retarded? It means nothing. Go somewhere else and be stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending