The Student Room Group

Taken a risk for love

Just wondering if there is anyone here who has done something risky in the name of love - something that could have gone horribly wrong or paid off etc...

For example, I met my partner and we'd only been together 2 months and I was meant to be going to uni 200 miles away, even though we'd only just met I decided to reject all my options and got into his uni through clearing, could have been a disaster if it hadn't of worked out between us....but now 3 years later we're happily living together.....Probably the biggest risk Ive ever taken in my life too haha
Reply 1
I moved halfway across the country, away from my friends and family, to live in a house I'd never seen in a city I'd never been to with my partner.

The relationship didn't work out. Bristol did =)
I took a risk. I walked across the road.

Could have been hit by a car, you know. :afraid:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Just wondering if there is anyone here who has done something risky in the name of love - something that could have gone horribly wrong or paid off etc...

Yes I have.... my gf is the most recent one.

I knew my parents would get extremely upset if they knew I was going out with a white girl...... but I did anyway.... it worked out very well with my gf but my parents found out and they are extremely angry at me and told me not to call them again.

Another risk I took with her, I was offered a job in UK, took it and she moved in with me. Relationship got more serious, 2 months after she moved in I was offered a job in China that paid 50% more and I could pay much less in taxes...... would have loved to go but ended up not going because of her........ guess you could put it as a risk :P
I left a two year relationship for a guy I knew for 1 month
Original post by Anonymous
I left a two year relationship for a guy I knew for 1 month

Are you still with the "1 month" guy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending