The Student Room Group

i hate it when the conversation dies...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lukejoshjedi
lol oh wow cool. I knew 5 hours ahead of London time is roughly around the middle east so it made sense and my uber playlist, new Klaxons stuff atm

cool beans :smile:
yh london is like 3 hours behind...im moving there next year for uni...im gonna die in the cold lol...i could only survive there a year n then i left..hate the weather :P
Original post by ChaoticSkills
lol happens all the time when im on the bus with friends you run out of interesting things to say so easily :smile:

yh and then theres awkward silence....
Original post by Baula
Yes! The worst is when you're on a bus or something and someone you know sits next to you and the conversation eventually kind of dies but you have to sit with them another 30 mins awkwardly :frown:

ah I don't suffer from this problem because..

A) People know I can be silent on buses, it's a sign travel sickness is getting to me.

B) For the most part If I'm on a bus journey of significant length, even if I've slept ok the night before, I'll get my coat/hoodie etc, put it on my friends lap, and lay on it and go to sleep. Public transport just sends me to sleep...Luckily the large majority are obliging.:redface:

But when conversation dies I just bring up totally random topics, I can talk and talk and talk and talk and talk tbh. When there's no more talking..there is always hugging!:biggrin:
Reply 23
Lol yeh I hate people who can't hold convo's but start them :angry:. These sort of girls anger me so much.

Girl - Hey bbe you alrightt?

Me - Yeah I'm good, you?

Girl - Yhh.

:angry::angry::angry:
Original post by cool_beans1993
cool beans :smile:
yh london is like 3 hours behind...im moving there next year for uni...im gonna die in the cold lol...i could only survive there a year n then i left..hate the weather :P

nice and yeahh a couple hours. Quite the move for you aint it, I'm sure you'll like it though, maybe not in winter haha, england has the most random weather at times....
Original post by joey11223
ah I don't suffer from this problem because..

A) People know I can be silent on buses, it's a sign travel sickness is getting to me.

B) For the most part If I'm on a bus journey of significant length, even if I've slept ok the night before, I'll get my coat/hoodie etc, put it on my friends lap, and lay on it and go to sleep. Public transport just sends me to sleep...Luckily the large majority are obliging.:redface:

But when conversation dies I just bring up totally random topics, I can talk and talk and talk and talk and talk tbh. When there's no more talking..there is always hugging!:biggrin:

hahahha thats so good ...i wish more people were like that cas i hate it when it gets awkward!! lol ....i hate sleeping in front of people lol how do u do that :P
when ur having like a good conversation and then it just turns into 'ok' and 'cool' ...and then theres nothing left to say :frown:

ok
Original post by JmJtr
Lol yeh I hate people who can't hold convo's but start them :angry:. These sort of girls anger me so much.

Girl - Hey bbe you alrightt?

Me - Yeah I'm good, you?

Girl - Yhh.

:angry::angry::angry:

lol omdz yh ...what r u supposed to say to that...they r making like no effort...go talk to some1 more awesome lol
You can start a conversation about anything, all you need is a little help from certain substances :wink:

Two of our favourites are:
How can the door be a jar?
How can the hunt be a foot?

You then set about defining them before forgetting about what you were talking about and instead spend the next 4 hours staring at clouds and wondering whether we're living in a truly diagonal existence.
Such conversations makes sense when you've found a cure for sobriety :moon:
Original post by lukejoshjedi
nice and yeahh a couple hours. Quite the move for you aint it, I'm sure you'll like it though, maybe not in winter haha, england has the most random weather at times....

yh ive lived there before...and ive moved around to different countries a lot in my life so im used to the moving part...just the weather :s-smilie: i think im gonna sleep il talk to u tomorow lol ...english lit has exhausted my mind :P
Reply 30
I had a friend who claimed this was the reason for her wearing odd socks everyday.

The conversation would die and everyone's hunting around for another topic, then she would stretch out her legs and someone would point out her socks didn't match. Then there followed a nice fill-in conversation about what one can do with a pair of odd socks.

She was a bit weird though.
Original post by aliluvschoc
I had a friend who claimed this was the reason for her wearing odd socks everyday.

The conversation would die and everyone's hunting around for another topic, then she would stretch out her legs and someone would point out her socks didn't match. Then there followed a nice fill-in conversation about what one can do with a pair of odd socks.

She was a bit weird though.

lool thats actually pretty smart but like u cant talk about socks for that long until it gets boring...
Reply 32
BumperBo thinks you people talk too much anyways

when the convo stops BumperBo doesn't mind at all
he just starts stroking their leg until they want BumperBo
unless it's a dude... but that still works if BumperBo's being ironic :borat:
Reply 33
lool thats actually pretty smart but like u cant talk about socks for that long until it gets boring...

Well we would move on to something like "interesting pants", which moved on to "would you notice if a person was wearing no pants" which... as you can imagine would go on and on. :mmm:

And there really are so many things you can do with an odd sock.

Though to be perfectly honest, I think she was just too lazy to match her socks but was rather quick at thinking of elaborate excuses for things. :lol:
hahahha thats so good ...i wish more people were like that cas i hate it when it gets awkward!! lol ....i hate sleeping in front of people lol how do u do that :P

Well I'm unconscious so It doesn't matter haha.

I went to an out of term uni thing we could do and one person out of our friendship group who I don't know as well was the only other person going. She was nice, not way talkative but it's ok I more then made up for it. On the way back I just folded my hoodie and put it on her knee and was like "I hope you don't mind me sleeping on you?" and her look was fantastic "oh...erm..ok.". I slept very well, woke up only once because I thought I'd drooled but actually I think it had pooled within my mouth because I was at a downwards angle but it was a sensory illusion that any had actually gone onto the outside of my cheek, just a quick pat with my hand confirmed and I was back to sleep.:tongue:
Reply 35
maybe its time to shutup.
maybe its time to mingle with others.
The sign of a good friendship or relationship is being able to sit in silence without it feeling awkward.

Or, you're just so boring that you can't possibly think of anything to talk about.
SAME, happens too often
So awkward
And also when you can't get it off the topic of a)school, b)the weather :frown:
Reply 38
Original post by Antifazian
in these situations "brb" is your friend :awesome:

you've used that when your on a bus? :confused:
Original post by Antifazian
in these situations "brb" is your friend :awesome:

But when you supposedly 'come back'....
(....or do you not?!) lol :p:

Quick Reply