The Student Room Group

CUSU Shadowing Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by TheMeister
haha, nah I wasn't unfortunately! I was with that Brummie guy and a rather shaky woman - don't know if that rings any bells (we were hid behind the bar so you might not have even known if we were there :tongue:)
I actually did think that I would have helped whatever team I was on, win, but it turned out that I'm not that great at football :biggrin:

You were by my team then. We were in the corner by you! I remember the brummie lads, Jon and James I think, I've got them on FB :P I'm sure you're on a couple of the photos I've linked to in the post above as well :wink:
Thanks everyone. I think I may be over thinking this somewhat.

So, basically, take clothes, take money, take toothpaste, shower gel etc.? Just basic hygiene and cleanliness stuff, as well as clothes and money.

Has anyone else got any more photos to share?
Reply 62
Original post by Not_The_Messiah
Thanks everyone. I think I may be over thinking this somewhat.

So, basically, take clothes, take money, take toothpaste, shower gel etc.? Just basic hygiene and cleanliness stuff, as well as clothes and money.

Has anyone else got any more photos to share?

Yeah, definitely overthinking it. Yes, keep it basic. No one here wears suits for everyday stuff - you'll be lucky if they get out of their pyjamas.

On a side note - I now know I'm being shadowed by a girl named "Lee-Anna" - and nothing else. CUSU like to keep it mysterious apparently.
I have a shadow! :biggrin: called Shayra apparently. She's staying at a different college to my college though sooooo not entirely sure how that's going to work, but sure we'll get around it! Looking forward to it :smile:

Also in terms of clothes - casual definitely! I don't even own anything suit-like here :p:
Original post by Sockpirate
I have a shadow! :biggrin: called Shayra apparently. She's staying at a different college to my college though sooooo not entirely sure how that's going to work, but sure we'll get around it! Looking forward to it :smile:

Also in terms of clothes - casual definitely! I don't even own anything suit-like here :p:

Original post by Bean_Giant
Yeah, definitely overthinking it. Yes, keep it basic. No one here wears suits for everyday stuff - you'll be lucky if they get out of their pyjamas.

On a side note - I now know I'm being shadowed by a girl named "Lee-Anna" - and nothing else. CUSU like to keep it mysterious apparently.

How did you guys find out you have a shadow? I've yet to hear anything... and I need to give in my CRB check too... I think :s
Original post by Topaz_eyes
How did you guys find out you have a shadow? I've yet to hear anything... and I need to give in my CRB check too... I think :s

Got an email today, which had an excel sheet of everyone with shadows on - just checked and you don't seem to be on the list for Downing :sad: however there are only 2 volunteers from Downing, which does seem a bit odd! Perhaps try emailing the guy who's organising it (I'll fb you his email) and ask if you're getting a shadow? Have you got your CRB check through the post then? because you shouldn't need to hand it in, as they get sent a copy as well.
Original post by Sockpirate
Got an email today, which had an excel sheet of everyone with shadows on - just checked and you don't seem to be on the list for Downing :sad: however there are only 2 volunteers from Downing, which does seem a bit odd! Perhaps try emailing the guy who's organising it (I'll fb you his email) and ask if you're getting a shadow? Have you got your CRB check through the post then? because you shouldn't need to hand it in, as they get sent a copy as well.

I did get it through the post, so no worries there... awww sucks if I haven't got a shadow, but I guess it'll be okay :frown:
Ahhh I now have a shadow, but from another college :smile:

The guy running it says don't worry if you haven't had an email in the last few days asking to confirm their place... if you haven't, then it means your place is confirmed :biggrin:
I've been accepted for History at Corpus Christi, I'm shadowing Paul. I wasn't expecting to get a guy when all the people from my college have same-sex shadows. Strange!
Hope we get on :']
Original post by RunLikeAFairy
I've been accepted for History at Corpus Christi, I'm shadowing Paul. I wasn't expecting to get a guy when all the people from my college have same-sex shadows. Strange!
Hope we get on :']

I'm doing History at Girton! Hopefully we'll be in some of the same lectures and stuff :smile: - it's true though, most people's shadows are the same sex...
I got accepted for History too :smile: I'm at St John's on the 10th to the 12th of Feb
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 71
im doing natsci at newham (all girls :frown: i already go to an all girls school :s-smilie:) who else is doing 10th-12th feb?
Reply 72
Original post by Gémeaux
I'm doing 10th - 12th too, might see you at sign-in :smile:

Awesome, well at least there's two of us!
Original post by spottyslope
I got accepted for History too :smile: I'm at St John's on the 10th to the 12th of Feb

Hey just a quick question...does your first name begin with a D?

If so I think you're my shadow! :biggrin:

Sockpirate

I got two shadows!
(edited 13 years ago)
[QUOTE="03jenniferp;29349033"]
Hey just a quick question...does your first name begin with a D?

If so I think you're my shadow! :biggrin:

Yes, yes it does. Should I be scared? :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by spottyslope

Yes, yes it does. Should I be scared? :biggrin:

Ah awesome and you definitely shouldn't be scared at all I promise to be really nice it is just i'm one of the two John's Historians doing the scheme so I wanted to check you were definitely my one and not the other persons! :biggrin:

This is really good actually because you can tell me a bit more about you and I can organise things to do for when you come so that you get to see stuff you're interested in e.g. if you really were interested in debating I can take you to the Union to see a debate or if you're really into a sport I could take you along to a game/practice or if you like Drama I can take you to see a show etc.
So what are you interested in? :smile:

Also is History the only subject you're interested in because if there were other subjects you were thinking about I can introduce you to friends who do that subject :smile: Also btw I reckon you'll love it at St. John's - it really is one of the most brilliant colleges! (Not that I'm biased AT ALL!) :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by cornish-chough
Yay, I have a place too! :banana2:

I'm shadowing Sophie at Girton College, doing Modern and Medieval Languages. Very exciting.
(Am I right in thinking that Cececlia in 'Atonement' went there...? :colondollar:<trivia nerd>)

I'm friends with your Sophie, and she'll be a great person to shadow!
Original post by Melz0r
I'm friends with your Sophie, and she'll be a great person to shadow!

Yay! I'm so excited! :elmo: (And really wanted an excuse to use the Elmo face...)
Has anybody from here been onto the e-mentoring thing? How do we find our mentors on there, or is it just a simplified forum?
Original post by cornish-chough
Yay! I'm so excited! :elmo: (And really wanted an excuse to use the Elmo face...)
Has anybody from here been onto the e-mentoring thing? How do we find our mentors on there, or is it just a simplified forum?

I've been onto the e-mentoring thing, but I don't really understand it? I think it's just a simplified forum, but if anyone knows how we can contact our mentors on it, please tell....:smile:
Original post by Niki_girl
I've been onto the e-mentoring thing, but I don't really understand it? I think it's just a simplified forum, but if anyone knows how we can contact our mentors on it, please tell....:smile:

You should be assigned to a student by the system (your shadow student, that is). At the student end we've only just been "connected", so if my experience is correct then you should be able to send messages to each other via the "send a mentoring email" button. We've been advised to get in touch with our shadows first, since Year 12s may be a little nervous, but do feel free to send messages to your shadowing partners if you want.

I still haven't come up with a good noun for the students being shadowed. "Shadow-ee"? "Shadowing partner"? "Current students"?...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending