The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Imperial are taking the piss now
Reply 2041
Original post by Arielle
I'm trying not to check Track because I have it so UCAS send me an email if something's changed. This does mean though, that every time my phone flashes I think it's an email from UCAS. AND IT NEVER IS! Nightmare! Yeah, make sure you go easy on the refresh button, haha.

Every single time I get an email I swear I have a mini-heart attack... I don't know if I'd feel better staring at Track hitting refresh all day actually :tongue:
Is March nearly here yet? :puppyeyes:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Is March nearly here yet? :puppyeyes:

23 days until result day...not that I have a countdown or anything....

Edit: I just realised you might now be counting down to result day...my bad.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Wanischa
23 days until result day...not that I have a countdown or anything....

No, not that you're counting at all :tongue:

But I don't care about results day, already have mine, I just want an offer :emo:
OMG BATH! What are you DOING!!! Please don't take much longer :-(
Reply 2046
Original post by Analbeauty
OMG BATH! What are you DOING!!! Please don't take much longer :-(

I concur!
Original post by Arielle
I'm waiting for Bath and it's driving me absolutely crazy. It's the only university I've ever really considered going to and yet they're the only one who hasn't got back to me, despite getting offers from everywhere else I applied to! It's really worrying me that they're taking so long. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

i'm waiting for bath too :frown: i want to put bath as my firm as well, so it's really getting to me. ah, if i get a rejection then i'm going to feel so annoyed about having to wait for such a long time....gahhh. i just want to hear back already. :frown:
I am applying for university for this upcoming academic year, I have heard from three out of my five choices. The other two I am still waiting for a reply. Ironically one of those is my preferred first choice, that being the University of Chester.

The other is Staffordshire University, I feel very knocked back by my spate of disappointments after been unsuccessful in regards to these other institutions. So I feel as though I won't get into either Chester or Staffordshire. It is already mid February and I have heard nothing from these two establishments. My tutor did advise me that these Universities would be "heavily oversubscribed". So this led me to believe that my chances were slim, plus the fact that I have heard nothing. Perhaps they have already accepted the majority of their candidates?

My question is: Is anyone else still awaiting for their university decisions?

Currently as it stands, I have one conditional offer to do a foundation degree (with top up) at my own college, which is basically an advanced version of what I am now doing. However this was originally my 'back up' plan. I am now left grumbling at this prospect, that I will have to take this offer and stay at home. Something which I intended to avoid, and did everything within my power to prevent. But it looks as though 'Beggars can't be choosers". I am considering going through UCAS Extra, but not sure if this would be worth it?

Anyone got any advice for me please?
By the way, I'm no troll (just for the record)
Thanks.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2049
Just posting to subscribe to the thread.
Reply 2050
Original post by Kelz_26
I thought you could only use extra if you got no offers or declined them all? :confused:
You're right - but what Pheebs1201 meant was that even if the user got an offer and firmed it, it would still be possible to turn down the place after Results and reapply next year. [You'll have to read her post again :tongue:]
Reply 2051
Original post by pink giggle
i'm waiting for bath too :frown: i want to put bath as my firm as well, so it's really getting to me. ah, if i get a rejection then i'm going to feel so annoyed about having to wait for such a long time....gahhh. i just want to hear back already. :frown:

I want to put it as my firm, too. And yes same! At least if they were going to reject me, they could have done it earlier so I can stop worrying and concentrate on going somewhere else. (But I want to go to Bath :-()
Waiting for Bristol, still.
Don't worry, I have also not received an offer from Chester yet (which is my 1st choice as well!).
It’s good to know that I'm not the only person who hasn't received an offer yet. Patience is a virtue I suppose :smile:
Reply 2054
Universities have until the start of May to give offers, stop worrying. Some just take longer than others :smile:
Don't worry, I'm still waiting on three of my choices.
I'm still waiting for two replies, there is plenty of time left so don't worry!

If you applied by the 15th of January, universities aim to have handed out all replies by the 31st of March and they must send a reply by the 6th of May, otherwise UCAS change the reply to unsuccessful.
Don't worry too much about it. I'm still waiting on one of my choices, Edinburgh, although they have a reputation for being very slow. One of my friends has applied to Chester actually, and she hasn't heard back from them either despite having offers from all of her other choices. Some universities are just slower than others :smile:.

Edit: Why the neg? :confused:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2058
I'm waiting for three universities to respond.

They've had my application since October the 12th.

EDIT: Why on earth would I get negged for this...
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm still waiting for all 5! I'm quite sure no-one else is in this situation either....rather worrying.

I also got negged for this - blame lies squarely with 'air-ninety-one'
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending