The Student Room Group

Considering inboxing her this..good idea?

So as I said in my previous thread, this girl I like, we have a mutual friend who's close to both of us, I added her on facebook. I tried talking to her today on facebook just got to saying hi to her. She went offline after that.
I'm considering inboxing her with the following message:
Hey I hope you don't think its weird that I added you. If you don't know already, I'm a really good friend of XYZ. He added you from my account while I had left my facebook on and I thought, well why not talk to you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Worst excuse ever.

Just be honest.
Reply 2
Original post by Ciaran88
Worst excuse ever.

Just be honest.

Alright, but I should inbox her right..cos the conversation was kind of weird today.
Reply 3
No.. She proberly didn't even notice you said anything.
Skip the excuses and just ask if she wants to meet up for a coffee or something.
Reply 5
Original post by Andrew0510
No.. She proberly didn't even notice you said anything.

She did. She said hi back. and I could message her to get her attention.
Reply 6
Original post by isawsparks89
Skip the excuses and just ask if she wants to meet up for a coffee or something.

Umm..I have never even spoken to her let alone meet her..just ask her for a coffee out of the blue?
Reply 7
I would be slightly creeped out tbh
Reply 8

This could probably backfire. I mean, if I say my friend did it, she could think I'm not really interested in being friends.
If you need to ask strangers on the internet if it's a good idea, it almost certainly isn't.
Reply 10
Original post by Alt__x
I would be slightly creeped out tbh

so what do i do then?
mmm i wouldnt add people i dont know to be honest. maybe try waiting to see if you can bump into her in person perhaps on a night out?
Original post by fhatthewuck
Umm..I have never even spoken to her let alone meet her..just ask her for a coffee out of the blue?

This could probably backfire. I mean, if I say my friend did it, she could think I'm not really interested in being friends.

You've never SPOKEN to her in person?! Oh wow. Why did you add her?!
Reply 13
You've never SPOKEN to her in person?! Oh wow. Why did you add her?!

Cos I think she's cute..and we have a mutual friend who's pretty close to both of us..and he said he's going to set me up with her.
Do nothing. Just talk to her next chance you get, strike up a conversation over someone's status or something. Don't message her with a pathetic excuse, because she will know you're lying. Girls aren't stupid just because they're female. You know, go with the "hi, hope you don't mind me adding you, I saw you were friends with xxxx."
Reply 15
Original post by greenglitter
mmm i wouldnt add people i dont know to be honest. maybe try waiting to see if you can bump into her in person perhaps on a night out?

Cos I think she's cute..and we have a mutual friend who's pretty close to both of us..and he said he's going to set me up with her.
she obviously wants to talk to you as she agreed to being your friend on fb, otherwise she would have just ignored the friend invitation.
If he's going to set you up. Get set up. That's the general idea. You're not supposed to get it done!

You have a wingman, leave it to him.

Given that you don't really know her, why don't you just write on her wall asking how she is or something? Keep it public and then she won't suspect youre creepy.
Reply 19
You have a wingman, leave it to him.

Given that you don't really know her, why don't you just write on her wall asking how she is or something? Keep it public and then she won't suspect youre creepy.

Erm..won't that be creepier?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending