The Student Room Group

Why has Facebook become...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
"That's what the Facebook is going to be about."
Reply 61
What really annoys me about Facebook is that it prompts people to create threads about how annoying Facebook is.

LOLZ.
Original post by IlexBlue
And the groups. I swear to God I saw one with around 40k likes that went:
a gurl neds an ovary transplant or she wil die. sum1 offers her the ovaries. b4 she went in, her bf sed "gdbye i luv u" with a tear slidin down his cheek, bt she dint no y. wen she came out, she was happy the opration went wel bt her mum was kryin. she sed "mum where's my bf" and her mum kried "hu do u think gave u the ovaries?"
:lolwut:

Erm what is this about? IDK if this is a lost in translation thing but I am not understanding it on bit :frown:

I like FB although there is one girl who is like "I just love it wen some ppl in ma family slag me off behind ma bk" or "omg stop showin of cuz ur bf is here n get the fck out of my life u slag" and the list goes on and on :rolleyes: still it is funny to read :tongue:
Original post by Linweth
Lol I know, someone recently posted a picture of her gardening. Lovely.

I've done that before. Not sure how it differs from posting pictures from a night out/your dinner/whatever.

It's just things you get up to/are proud of. But overdoing anything is annoying, like 500+ pictures from one night/day.
I like the fact that facebook has stopped notifying you after you've like a status! Makes me so happy :smile:
Original post by whitepearlbaby
I've done that before. Not sure how it differs from posting pictures from a night out/your dinner/whatever.

It's just things you get up to/are proud of. But overdoing anything is annoying, like 500+ pictures from one night/day.

Frankly more than 30+ photos from one night is annoying, and why exactly would you be proud of your dinner or of gardening?
Original post by justinsmith
Frankly more than 30+ photos from one night is annoying, and why exactly would you be proud of your dinner or of gardening?

Personally, cause I'm not much of a gardener and getting my garden into any state better than a wild mess is an accomplishment to me.
Cooking, well, there are normal meals and there are meals that take a long time to prepare and are quite exceptional (or just look mouth watering). People like to share photos of that, too. Although I have seen photos of what seems like vomit with the caption "mmm scrambled egg" - Now don't get me wrong but there's nothing special about being able to make scrambled egg.
Original post by whitepearlbaby
Personally, cause I'm not much of a gardener and getting my garden into any state better than a wild mess is an accomplishment to me.
Cooking, well, there are normal meals and there are meals that take a long time to prepare and are quite exceptional (or just look mouth watering). People like to share photos of that, too. Although I have seen photos of what seems like vomit with the caption "mmm scrambled egg" - Now don't get me wrong but there's nothing special about being able to make scrambled egg.

Still, the fact you are proud of something doesn't mean everyone is interested. I mean, I've been proud of some of the dumps I've taken but that doesn't mean people want to see it on Facebook.
Original post by justinsmith
Still, the fact you are proud of something doesn't mean everyone is interested. I mean, I've been proud of some of the dumps I've taken but that doesn't mean people want to see it on Facebook.

To be honest, I don't care if other people don't care. It's just a reflection of what I get up to :dontknow: Plus, everyone takes ****s. Not everyone does gardening.
Original post by Astra_K
Just a place to reassure everyone that you have a life.
I mean, people are now taking digital cameras clubbing or doing anything like going shopping, then uploading them to facebook and publishing them. It just seems like they do it to force their day upon everyone to make sure everyone can see that they are doing something.
I just read this status and it made me lol:

'Mmmmm...Roast Chicken! Photos to follow'

Can't wait to see the roast chicken someone else has had for lunch :rolleyes:

I only use FB as a means of communication with friends/gf, and i upload photos but most the time dont even publish them. Anyone else find it irritating? Especially the photo whores who make an album for every month of the year with about 100 photos of themselves doing various poses, but 99% of which are just the duck pout to make their cheeks look thinner...

i like looking at photos after a night out, it's funny to remember little things and takes the edge off the hangover.

There's no need for thousands of photos, but sometimes I wish I had a few more because so many moments just don't stick in memory.
Reply 70
the worst are those people that are 'married' to their best friend. Oh, yeah, that's so funny and unique.
Reply 71
Original post by ajp100688

Original post by ajp100688
Facebook went downhill the day all the plebs were allowed to join. When it was just university students it was so much better and intelligent.

This is so true but you sound like a total hipster lol. "I liked Facebook back when it was a just a domain name. " etc hehe :smile:
Reply 72
Some of these are very extreme, i don't see anything wrong with people uploading a couple of photos of them doing things that they are interested in... Yes, it's annoying when it's extreme, i.e. 200 photos from one night out etc, but just don't look in the album?

I have a guy i know from school and literally every status he posts is mush about his girlfriend. Here are his last few:

Loves Having A Morning Phone Call With My Gorgeous Girl :smile:

Loves My Girl Lots... Had A Lovely Night In With Her Tonight :smile:

Has The Best Girlfriend Ever !!! Love Her So Much !!!

Knows Who My Mates Are And Knows Who Aint !!! Lovees My Leah Lots And Thinks The Toast And Jam And Cuppa This Morning Was Lovely Thank You Baby !!!!

Rather annoying... I have him hidden, not entirely sure why i haven't just deleted him!
Original post by -aimz
The pages/groups are even more stupid though,for example:

A kid gave his teacher a blank piece of paper.
Teacher: What is this?
Kid: It's a drawing of a cow eating grass.
Teacher: (looked at the paper) Where's the grass?
Kid: The cow ate all of it.
...Teacher: (looked at the paper again)Then, where's the cow?
Kid: It left because there was no more grass.

29,000 people like this.

I liked that, lol it is pretty funny

A lot of the likes are quite humorous, you just need to know what to like and when to like it - link it to current news and events.... liking Cruise missiles or Libya one after the other, or liking Charlie Sheen or 'getting Charlie Sheened'

Yes I spend some time liking stuff on FB, but do it creatively and you have a pretty funny backlog of likes.

It's like srsly the most interesting thing on FB for me nowadays sadly, that's how dull I find everything else on it
Reply 74
I de-activated my facebook precisely because of those reasons.
Original post by soutioirsim

I hate the ones saying:

"OMGZ, Im so upset!!!1 :frown:"

Then people reply:

"Whats up babez?"

And then:

"Ill txt you l8er xxxxx"

:facepalm:

Skip facebook and just talk to your friends you idiot :angry:

Agreed! Or, 'it doesn't matter'. THEN WHY POST A STATUS ABOUT IT???
Reply 76
I'm currently on facebook looking for the stupidest comment and I found it the second I logged in.

" Thought the island of Fernandos was a real place.Oh God"

Silly cow, she was always stupid at school but fakes it for attention.
Original post by Dorito
the worst are those people that are 'married' to their best friend. Oh, yeah, that's so funny and unique.

Oh yeah, so lame. I am engaged to a friend though...

facebook families are cool.. :cool:
I hate the ones saying:

"OMGZ, Im so upset!!!1 :frown:"

Then people reply:

"Whats up babez?"

And then:

"Ill txt you l8er xxxxx"

:facepalm:

Skip facebook and just talk to your friends you idiot :angry:

Or when it happens and they're just like 'it doesn't matter, I'd rather not say over here'

WHY MAKE A STATUS ABOUT IT THEN?
I upload pictures to faceboook because people want to see them. I'm not printing out like 30 photos to show them. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending