The Student Room Group

Worst pain you've experienced?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TenaciousMonkey
Cricket ball hitting my adam's apple at very high speed, causing me to backwards somersault off the trampoline in mid jump.

What kinda field had your captain set with a trampoline on the pitch?! :lolwut:
Original post by BackDoorEntry
Lol, I have. They said its not worth doing anything with it now.. so i guess I gotta live with it for a while.

If you are in agony then it is. It is your choice, not theirs. Get it out then get a false tooth, or get a crown put on (if that is an option, cant tell).
Original post by bestofyou
where were you?

North-east Thailand where my grandparents live.
Cricket Ball -> Gentleman's Area. With no protection. JESUS CHRIST.

However, as we demonstrated in the library in sixth form lunchtimes, Bill Clinton's 1000-page hardback autobiography didn't have anything like the same impact, even when thrown really hard. Thanks for testing that one out, guys :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 44
Never really hurt myself that badly (touch wood) but probably something simple like dropping a thick bottomed glass on my foot, walking into a side at basically running speed and actually bouncing back off it or maybe hot oil on my hands when I worked in a chip shop.
Original post by philistine
Worst physical pain, that is. So what was it?

For me, shattering my ulna a few years ago snowboarding in Austria. Horrifically painful, though being intermittently fed drugs after finally being seen to after a few hours made it tolerable.

May sound a shock to some, though having chronic wind and a side order of food poisoning a couple of years back. I had heard people complain about how painful it was, though always took them to be melodramatics. I hope I never have that again. Between ****ting and puking violently, I thought I was going to give birth. I remember thinking how I'd kill for the pain of that ulna break at certain points...

Let's hear it. :colone:

Argh! the pain I had in my stomach when I had food poisoning is indescribable. And its horrible, you can't do anything about it cos it's all gotta come out, from both ends! :frown:
Thats probably the worst I can remember but my appendix burst when I was four, I can't remember it though but I expect it would be quite painful!
After my "adult" tonsillectomy, never had pain like it. Lowest point was breaking down after I couldn't eat chocolate because it hurt and stung my throat so much.
Froze my neck when I was completely away from any medical people and on a geology fieldtrip for 5 weeks. Seriously painful to move and I had to go out in the field with it. Painkillers to the max just to get through the days!
Reply 48
On holiday a couple of years ago I got the most awful pain on my lower left hand side. I was in tears and couldn't even stand up. Never actually found out what it was but have speculated it could have been an ovarian cyst or something.
Reply 49
Constipation. Sitting on the loo for 2 hours wanting to stab myself in the belly to relieve the pain...

I might go have an apple... just to make sure...
i bit through my tongue and broke the muscle ligaments in my legs.
Reply 51
Original post by iainthegreat
What kinda field had your captain set with a trampoline on the pitch?! :lolwut:

Uh, for the high balls. Duh. :tongue:

_Kar.
Burnt my right hand at work when the coffee machine overheated and caused hot milk to spurt everywhere. Soaked my hand in it and meant I had to lose several layers of skin and be bandaged for 2-3 weeks.

I cried like a little bitch when the nurses cleaned me every 4 days or so. :'(
Reply 53
having my braces tightened - it felt like the dentist was trying to pull my teeth out of my jaw and then that awfulness where you cant bite into anything solid the next day.
but my teeth are all nice and straight now so its all good :biggrin:
Trigeminal neuralgia. It's agony. It's alternative name of 'Suicide disease' is accurate :frown:

Other than that, I broke my ankle when I was 12 in 3 places and tore the muscle, doctor grabbed my ankle and hauled it up on the bed to examine it. That hurt. Then pronounced it was just a sprain. So went home, misjudged the hop to step up to my house and landed with all my weight on it. I screamed so loud that my neighbour came running out :redface: Then the 2 days of it not being in a cast before I got xrayed were also fairly horrendous.

Another time I fell off my horse out in the woods, kind of flew into a tree and broke my upper left arm and nearly snapped the nerve so all the feeling of my arm was up in the air while I was lying on the ground. Like I was dying and coming out of my body. Bizarre. But then I had to walk back home through the mud in sheer agony with no support for my arm and it had to be pushed into place for the cast. Plenty more fractures but those were the most pain that I remember.
oh, and when you're barefoot and catch your little toe on something. PAIN.

I'm so accident prone :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
My bastard of a pancreas tried to kill me, that hurt like a motherbitch.
Either that or the stationary car pavement head incident, which wasn't so bad but gave me a god awful headache for a good few days
I had unbearable neck and upper back pain a few months ago. It went away after a week, but it was so bad at the time that I was completely incapacitated.

My dad got his hand trapped in the bit where the bucket and the arm connect and it split his hand in two :awesome:
Original post by Smoked Salmon
North-east Thailand where my grandparents live.

I found one in Africa this winter, something brown caught the corner of my eye as I read my book, there it was starring at me. Glad I saw it, wouldn't of wanted to wake up in the middle of the night with a scropion on my face. Checked the bed covers every night after.lol
Acute pancreatitis - I was on all fours in the bathroom screaming. I had to sit in my mum's car in excrutiating pain to go to the doctor's surgery where I was pumped full of morphine, driven up to the hospital and admitted to intensive care straight away.

My surgeon told me that if I could handle this then childbirth is easy!
Tooth ache, so bad i had the tooth removed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending