The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just don't do a Sayed and let them find out for themselves/catch you in the act.
Tell your parents! But be ready to run away!
OP dun goof'd

in b4 honour killing
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
I personally don't believe in Islam, therefore I most likely will be acting upon it. :rolleyes:

thats another problem in itself.

Looks like things are going to get messy. I think not believing in Islam will hit them harder than you being gay. So if you can tell them that first then it wouldn't be as hard admitting you're gay.
Leave Islam, sorry it can't work for you then.
don't tell them....

and equally don't let them get you married....
Not funny but... I was thinking about how your dad would see you after you told him, and how he would look if there were ever any other males your age near you. Lmao. Almost feel sorry for the guy.

Beliefs are harsh!
Original post by sherlllll
Don't do it. Even if you think you're gay it's entirely up to you whether you act on it or not. Please have the strength of character to respect your religion and not act upon these urges.

Respect religion?

Hahahahaha.
Reply 28
I'm gay and my parents are strict muslims and want me to get married to a muslim girl. They are extremely homophobic. I do not know what to do.

You go university and/or get a job (100% independent), then you do
As for marrying someone... say not yet you want to finish university first
Reply 29
I'm gay and my parents are strict muslims and want me to get married to a muslim girl. They are extremely homophobic. I do not know what to do.

If you're not a Muslim then that is worse than anything else and it should be so in their eyes. I do doubt this though, some laymen Muslims act like homosexuality is the utmost worse sin a person could commit when being one in itself doesn't really mean anything.

1- Don't get married whatsoever, don't pull down an innocent girl with you.

2- Tell them (if you are really serious about this) that you are no longer a Muslim.

Walk away before they kick you out :rolleyes:

Do as you wish.

If you still consider yourself a Muslim or are even slightly leaning towards it then this is going to be a lot more complicated, I suggest you pose the question in this thread if that is the case.
Reply 30
are you sure a gay? Your condition is difficult.
Reply 31
Jesus H. Christ you are in a tough situation, For a start try looking for help/guidance elsewhere, you'll just get abuse/trolls on TSR.
Reply 32
Assalamo Alaikum, mum and dad.

I'm gay.
Original post by qasman
Assalamo Alaikum, mum and dad.

I'm gay.

Pretty much this. Don't make a big song and dance about it. I'm guessing by now you have forged your beliefs in stone so tell your parents that you're not a Muslim first sometime in the future. Wait for a while, dodge the sandals and leave them to come to terms with it. Allow them acclimatise to your being an atheist and then once they get used to seeing you as not being bound by the rules of Islam, tell them that you are also gay. Don't bother telling them yet if you have nowhere to go in case they react very badly. S'about it really.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
your parents believe in a fake god so you being gay is the least of their problems
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
Sing Lady Gaga's "born this way"

Videotape the results for our benefit
Original post by Hardballer
your parents believe in a fake god so you being gay is the least of their problems

Hahahhaha, you're so funny :colonhash: Please, just slap yourself for your dumb joke.
dont tell them
Original post by Hardballer

wow someone's insensitive
how do u know your gay?

do u not find women attractive, OR do u get a stiffy around men

i dnt want to offend you, im just curious how you came to the conclusion that your gay.

Latest

Trending

Trending