The Student Room Group

So, just how bad a person am i?

I just got out of a nearly 2 year relationship (we split just over a week ago) and a girl has already latched onto me. I haven't exactly discouraged her either, being newly single and all.

The issue is, i leave college in a couple months and my previous relationship fell apart because we are going way too seperate ways at and after uni. She is aware of the reason i just came out of a relationship, and offered some support over the break-up period which seemed innocent enough to start with but has developed into plainly obvious flirting from both her and myself. I have her number and text freuqently. She is coming on the same night out as me in a couple weeks.

I refuse to enter into another relationship this close to uni, considering i just left one for that reason, which confuses me as she knows this and continues to come onto me?

I kind of want to get with her on this night out, but i know don't want/can't have a relationship from it. Is this that bad considering she should know why a relationship can't happen?
Reply 1
Keep anon or delete btw, thank you.
so basically you want to have a one night stand, well who doesn't do that these days, a part from me. :smile:
Reply 3
You're a guy, that's the only answer you need.
I think she understands it isn't serious and just wants to hook up.
Reply 5
Just sleep with her then, no harm done, even if she thinks it might lead to more. Life's too short.
Reply 6
I guess you have to make your mind up, either you firmly tell her you don't want a relationship or sleep with her and give her false hope that there's still a chance unless you both agree to just have casual sex, which I'd guess would probably hurt her feelings if she likes you this much.
We, we, we, so excited!
Original post by Anonymous
I just got out of a nearly 2 year relationship (we split just over a week ago) and a girl has already latched onto me. I haven't exactly discouraged her either, being newly single and all.

The issue is, i leave college in a couple months and my previous relationship fell apart because we are going way too seperate ways at and after uni. She is aware of the reason i just came out of a relationship, and offered some support over the break-up period which seemed innocent enough to start with but has developed into plainly obvious flirting from both her and myself. I have her number and text freuqently. She is coming on the same night out as me in a couple weeks.

I refuse to enter into another relationship this close to uni, considering i just left one for that reason, which confuses me as she knows this and continues to come onto me?

I kind of want to get with her on this night out, but i know don't want/can't have a relationship from it. Is this that bad considering she should know why a relationship can't happen?

If you've made it clear to her that you definitely don't want a relationship with her, then there's not much of a problem.
Reply 9
Original post by ritchie888
We, we, we, so excited!

you do know that its tuesday today
im guessing friday isnt soon though, black never taught me about tuesday :frown:
Original post by f00ddude
you do know that its tuesday today
im guessing friday isnt soon though, black never taught me about tuesday :frown:

Don't worry, broski. There's a parody for every day of the week.
Speaking as a girl who found out her ex bf had got together with someone after breaking up with her despite one of his reasons being that we were going to different unis I would ask you to think about it more. Are you on good terms with your ex? Was the breakup mutual? Do you want to be friends with her in the future? If you don't want to risk upsetting her as it did me then don't do anything. I felt lied to when I found out about my ex as the unis he and this other girl were going to were much further apart an now I no longer know whether I want to be friends with him. As for this other girl you're flirting with/who's flirting with you, does she know your ex? Sorry, I'm coming accross as so biased but the girl who got together with my ex was supposed to be my friend which made it more painful. If she knows your reasons for the breakup maybe she just wants a short thing and nothing too serious. Getting with a girl is a long way from a proper relationship so if that's all you want then it's not so bad. If she seems to want something more though make clear to her that you don't. Try not to hurt two girls!
Rebecca Black = sneaking in every bloody corner of the internet since 2011.
Reply 13
Just to be clear, she hasn't actually come out and said she likes me, but from talking and texting normally, i now have four kisses at the end of every texts and frequently i'm called lovely, combined with lots of wink faces. i know it's easy to read WAY too much into these kinds of things, but this is fairly obvious.

I did just send her quite a sizable text about me leaving college in a couple months, then off to uni soon, and how i broke up with my now-ex over it because it was silly to be a relationship when i'm going off to uni, just to hammer in the point of 'this guy doesn't want a relationship'. The reply i got was pretty much 'I wish i had gotten to known you sooner" followed by back to flirting.

So i've said i don't want a relationship, but that doesnt seem to phase her? :|
Reply 14
Dennis Rodman on the rebound!!!!
Well as long as she definitely knows the reason for your break up then I don't see how you can be accused of leading her on. If you get together and then she tries to make things serious, you can remind her of what you said before. She may just want the exact same type of arrangement as you do, in which case, happy days.
Reply 16
Original post by Hester_23
Dennis Rodman on the rebound!!!!

I had to google that before i understood, but good show :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending