The Student Room Group

Why do people bully?

Scroll to see replies

Because they are, well... bullies?

Self explanatory. =.=
Original post by Angie varona
Bullies have the power and know it

Is that you in your sig/avatar? I must say, you are very attractive :colondollar:

Kthanks

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realise you were a guy :colondollar:

Who is that hot girl????
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Manc990
Maybe the person they bully annoys them, just putting that crazy idea out there

But usually the reason why they annoy them is such a superficial reason. My bullying started because I was shy and didnt bother talking back when my friends 'jokingly' made fun of me. Meaner people who I wasnt that great friends with noticed and started making fun of me for real. How is being shy enough of a reason to annoy someone?
Reply 23
Original post by Arnotts
But usually the reason why they annoy them is such a superficial reason. My bullying started because I was shy and didnt bother talking back when my friends 'jokingly' made fun of me. Meaner people who I wasnt that great friends with noticed and started making fun of me for real. How is being shy enough of a reason to annoy someone?

So is it only bullying if your not friends with the people, im not saying this is the case here but a lot of people claim to be bullied just because they lose a 'slanging match'
Reply 24
Maybe it's because bullies are often those to get bullied themselves e.g. an abusive parent, and feel powerless in their situation, so bully those considered 'weaker' than them to regain that power and authority. Of course, you also get the ones who bully for the sake of it - perhaps to gain status in their friendship group or simply to get a thrill out of picking on someone who is scared to tell. There isn't really one definite reason but it's horrible either way.
Reply 25
Original post by Manc990
So is it only bullying if your not friends with the people, im not saying this is the case here but a lot of people claim to be bullied just because they lose a 'slanging match'

I dont get the point you're trying to make in regards to my post. You can be bullied by your friends. In fact my friends 'playful' taunts hurt just as much as the mean ones. Whats a slanging match? I never argued back to the taunts so I couldnt have lost anything.
Original post by rooney1000
Self explanotary thread ..

Insecurity, to take the attention away from their problems.

Quite sad really, but that does not provide an excuse to make others' lives a misery.
Because hurt people hurt people.

I heard it on TV. :dontknow:
Original post by Lewroll
Is that you in your sig/avatar? I must say, you are very attractive :colondollar:

Kthanks

Who is that hot girl????

Careful it might be his girlfriend, or he had a sex change?
Original post by IlexBlue
I have no sympathy at all for bullies. Have they had a difficult life? So? Thousands of other kids do, and they don't resort to making a kid's life a living hell.

I've known people who've gone through some horrendous ****, whether it's abuse, being bullied themselves, family problems like death, divorce and suicide and much more, and they didn't turn to bullying other people.

Did a bully drive a child to killing themselves? Aw, something must be wrong at home, let's get the poor dear some therapy. Ridiculous.

Agreed. In this country we spend so long trying to justify or humanise vile acts that it comes at the expense of recognising the gravity of the offences committed and the suffering of the victms. Bullying is a horrible act, and often the bullies seek nothing more than to either amuse themselves or seem impressive by causing suffering.
Original post by Lewroll

Kthanks

Who is that hot girl????

Angie varona.

I saw once in miami on hoilday aswell at a house party- 100% No lie.

i would **** her with anger
(edited 13 years ago)
Because they're pathetic, insecure cowards who get their jollies picking on those they feel are weaker than them to try and impress their friends.

You can't get much lower than a bully. They're scum.

You're sig is ****ing hilarious.
Insecurity, or they physically differ from normal people and being angry/causing pain makes them feel different to behaving badly.
Cause they're sad bastards.
Hilarity? some people get their kicks off the suffering of others.
everyone has that innate reflex that when they see a child in heelies fall on their face, they have a little chuckle despite feeling bad... Bullies just don't feel the guilt part as strongly as they have less empathy, they therefore feel nothing but humour at the suffering of others, and therefore try to cause it as much as possible :d
that, and the obvious showing off to friends, childhood insecurities etc...
Because they're pathetic, insecure cowards who get their jollies picking on those they feel are weaker than them to try and impress their friends.

You can't get much lower than a bully. They're scum.

This.
Reply 36
Nothing unites like a common enemy.

Similar concept. You fit in if you're showing someone else doesn't. Hence those who are different are often bullied.
Reply 37
To assert domination among their peers.

They're not sadistic or particularly bothered about whether or not the victim feels bad.

This is what I've come to conclude after pondering rather intensely on the subject.

EMZ=]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending