The Student Room Group

I like a Pakistani girl but am not myself. Can it work?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Why don't you just ask her out and see what happens?
Original post by Concupiscible
Sure it could work...unless you're indian.

course it could work loadsa pakistanis and indians are married btw

Original post by Anonymous
Ok, I am quite strongly infatuated over a Pakistani girl at uni, but am not one myself.

A lot of people say that Pakistani girls, and some guys, don't go for anything other than their own race.

Honestly, do you think it can work?

PS. This is not a troll or a joke about Pakistani people.

yh it can work depends on the girl though....most muslims prefer to marry a muslim however loadsa people do convert....im pakistani ...i wouldnt mind marrying a different race as long as they are muslim...however a lot of people see the culture differences and think they would clash..totally depends on the girl...
OP you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Just try it. Race isn't THAT big of an issue, and if she doesn't want you because you are Bangladeshi then she's not the girl for you.
Original post by n1r4v
Why is it not okay to discriminate on the base of ethnicity, but it is okay on hte base of religion?

Err, it's not a job you know. Plus it's ok if you don't want to have a relationship because of race.
Reply 24
if she's not dead strict or hang on to every word of her parents you have as much chance as anyone else. It gets complicated if it gets serious tho
Reply 25
Original post by Uzzy?
Oi :teehee:

Well he/she said a silly thing!

what what? :mmm:

darling the cricket match is extremely recent, what do yu expect? :lol:

Im Bangladeshi.

oh i see :smile:
Just tell her, you'll never know otherwise.
go for it :smile:..im guessing there is nothing to loose, but alot to gain :yep:
Reply 26
i like thai girls
Original post by n1r4v
If you say so. The thing is, most people say it because it's a prerequisite in their religion, it's not really to do with how much you like the person.

Well it is a requirement for some. But you get people choosing the same race as them because of culture and not to have a too big culture clash between them. Anyway you would like the person more if he/she has stuff in common no?
Reply 28
Original post by cool_beans1993
course it could work loadsa pakistanis and indians are married btw

yh it can work depends on the girl though....most muslims prefer to marry a muslim however loadsa people do convert....im pakistani ...i wouldnt mind marrying a different race as long as they are muslim...however a lot of people see the culture differences and think they would clash..totally depends on the girl...

You might not mind, but your parents?
I am, but just think the fact I'm not Pakistani is enough for her to not see me in that way.

You're a Muslim and you want to get into a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship? Or do you want to get to know her for marriage?
Reply 30
i think it doesnt matter what cultural background you come from but its mainly the religion cause you both have same religious beliefs
so yeah it would be ok if you ask her out despite she is a paki but if u get turned down don't take it personally .. most pakstani girls just don't go ut with any boys :s
i made no sense but hope it helped :smile:
Reply 31
Why don't you ask her?
You might not mind, but your parents?

my brothers wifes indian ...my parents didnt mind as long as she was muslim...:smile:
Original post by n1r4v

Original post by n1r4v
Why is it not okay to discriminate on the base of ethnicity, but it is okay on hte base of religion?

Religion comes with values and different practices etc. whereas ethnicity doesn't affect your behaviour or values.
Reply 34
depends what you want from her. you want her hand in marriage or just a gf you can mess about with?
Pakistani ppl have very strict guidelines about their marriage/relationship wise. i would advise you to stay away from her if you not serious about her.
ps: are you Muslim too?
Original post by cool_beans1993
my brothers wifes indian ...my parents didnt mind as long as she was muslim...:smile:

*sigh*

If only most muslim parents had these views. What you just said is pretty much what Islam is about in terms of marriage.
Reply 36
She lives at home, not campus.

do you mind me asking what uni you're at? :biggrin:
Original post by Cesar Lecat
*sigh*

If only most muslim parents had these views. What you just said is pretty much what Islam is about in terms of marriage.

true but i was just thinking it may have been because culturally indians pakistanis bengalis and stuff dont really have much culture difference either ...i dunno how they would react if it was a english convert to islam or something like that :s-smilie:...at the end of the day i just wanna marry a muslim regardless of where they are from...
Why??! Pakis are buttas :biggrin:
I know Pakistani ladies that have married Bangladeshi guys. It's worked, but the families are always hesitant and shameful looking on both sides. It could be a problem if your relationship gets serious, but if you just want to date her then go for it. Are you friends?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending