The Student Room Group

Girls and boys who have stayed with their partners after cheating incurred pregnancy.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Xristina

Original post by Xristina
So you never asked your bf if he told her he had a gf? I doubt he did tbh, why would he? So yeah, it's really not her fault is it? She was stupid enough to mess her pill up, but this just means your bf probably has a rather stupid child, other than that that girl did nothing wrong. Don't hate her for your bf's mistakes.
And yeah, as I said, if you eventually move in together, where do you expect the child to come visit his father? For the love of god, if you think you can't treat the child with affection, don't stay with him. Don't punish the child for his father's mistakes.

No to b fair I don't really care its done now...don;t worry I am punishing him for it as well but i feel we can move on! it can visit him i'll just be out...it don't need me to care for it and he said he dont expect me to get involved with it so thats cool.
Reply 41
Original post by abc101
I get what you mean - generally the kid would be brought up by the mother in such a situation, so the girlfriend who was cheated on wouldn't have to have any contact at all with the child resultant from the cheating if she didn't want to. But if it was the girl who cheated on the boyfriend and he stayed with her, obviously the child would be being brought up in their house, so he'd be playing dad to another man's child, so it'd feel like much more of an imposition.

I feel terribly sorry for the children in such cases. A lot of ills in this world come from people being too free and easy with who they leap into bed with.

That's exactly what I meant :smile:

Hmm, although I'm not sure I agree with the last bit. I'd change it to people leaping into parenthood too lightly. Of course promiscuity has it's own problems, but I wouldn't nessecairily say that being free with sex is always a problem.
Reply 42
You're staying with him because you're too scared to move out?

That is absolutely pathetic, get some self-respect!

Some people..
Reply 43
Original post by Magsam
You're staying with him because you're too scared to move out?

That is absolutely pathetic, get some self-respect!

Some people..

1. I never said I was staying with him, and I've repeated this more than once.

2. I never said I was scared of moving out.

I am not scared but where am I supposed to go right now. If you bothered to read what I've written without jumping to conclusions you would have seen that I said I am in uni and I have a contract for the house I am in. I cannot just move out and where would I go. There isn't just empty houses for people to move into for free is there. Thats hardly being pathetic it's being realistic when it comes to money and exams coming up, which are my priority right now.

I said right at the beginning don't tell me to break up with him etc because that is not what I am asking.

I asked for other peoples experiences and this isn't once of them.
This isn't my own personal experience btw.

L and P are in their late twenties and have been togetherfor a good few years! maybe 6? they both moved up from down south to up north to where I live and I am now really good friends with L, known her for maybe 3 or 4 years. Anyway they had a mini break up and P slept with K and K now has a 18 month year old child.

They had got back together when K told P and it caused proper problems for a good year, L had to go on anti depressants. They always have problems now, they split up because he doesn't want to get married or something (he is away during the week for army training) but they always get back together and do love each other.

The baby doesn't cause a problem it K, shes a complete twit. They work through it though and L only resents K not the child. They 've made it work but its different for every person

No one on here can tell you what to do because it is your opinions that matter. If you love him and you want to work through it then do it, just watch out for patterns of behaviour, you may find it never happens, I know P hasn't.

So really its only up to you
Reply 45
Original post by shouldbeshot

L and P are in their late twenties and have been togetherfor a good few years! maybe 6? they both moved up from down south to up north to where I live and I am now really good friends with L, known her for maybe 3 or 4 years. Anyway they had a mini break up and P slept with K and K now has a 18 month year old child.

They had got back together when K told P and it caused proper problems for a good year, L had to go on anti depressants. They always have problems now, they split up because he doesn't want to get married or something (he is away during the week for army training) but they always get back together and do love each other.

The baby doesn't cause a problem it K, shes a complete twit. They work through it though and L only resents K not the child. They 've made it work but its different for every person

No one on here can tell you what to do because it is your opinions that matter. If you love him and you want to work through it then do it, just watch out for patterns of behaviour, you may find it never happens, I know P hasn't.

Sleeping with someone when you're not in a relationship is quite different to cheating.
Reply 46
Original post by shouldbeshot

Thanks for this, yea obviously I've got a decision to make but good to hear what other people have done.
Reply 47
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for something helpful!

Everyone else has been "helpful" as well - you only see this as helpful because it's what you want to hear.

Just do what you want, but I don't see the point seeing as he doesn't have a shred of respect for you.
Original post by rlw31
Sleeping with someone when you're not in a relationship is quite different to cheating.

They hadn't exactly broken up, it isn't as cut and dry as that.

They had a break from each other for a week, eg he went to stay with his mother so they could have a holiday from each other. Wait no it was 4 days.
Reply 49
Original post by Cicerao
Everyone else has been "helpful" as well - you only see this as helpful because it's what you want to hear.

Just do what you want, but I don't see the point seeing as he doesn't have a shred of respect for you.

Yes other people have been helpful since, I said that when only a few people had replied. That isn't necessarily what I want to hear but its something that could happen.

People saying he doesn't have respect for me etc isn't helpful and again, isn't what I asked.

I am not asking what I should do (which you would know if you bothered to read) because I know that it is my decision and I shall make it. I merely asked if anybody had been through this could they share their experiences with me.

If you don't have an experience to share why bother commenting?
Reply 50
Original post by Anonymous
Yes other people have been helpful since, I said that when only a few people had replied. That isn't necessarily what I want to hear but its something that could happen.

People saying he doesn't have respect for me etc isn't helpful
and again, isn't what I asked.

I am not asking what I should do (which you would know if you bothered to read) because I know that it is my decision and I shall make it. I merely asked if anybody had been through this could they share their experiences with me.

If you don't have an experience to share why bother commenting?

Isn't it? I think it is, helping people avoid inevitably getting cheated on once again because they believe that "he'll change" and "it was a mistake."

Why bother commenting? Trying to help rather than sugarcoating the truth. But okay:

I know a million people who got cheated on and he got the girl pregnant. Now they're all happily married and never got cheated on again! They also all get treated like princesses and lived happily ever after!

There's your bull****, hope you're happy now.
Reply 51
Original post by Cicerao
Isn't it? I think it is, helping people avoid inevitably getting cheated on once again because they believe that "he'll change" and "it was a mistake."

Why bother commenting? Trying to help rather than sugarcoating the truth. But okay:

I know a million people who got cheated on and he got the girl pregnant. Now they're all happily married and never got cheated on again! They also all get treated like princesses and lived happily ever after!

There's your bull****, hope you're happy now.

No, I don't think it is because again it'd not what I've asked. I'm asking a specific thing because all the other things have been gone over before. Saying he doesn't have respect for me doesn't help me to avoid getting cheated on because I've never said he'll change.

I didn't ask anyone to sugar coat the truth I asked for experiences, its ridiculous how many times I've had to repeat this!

I didn't ask for bull*** I asked for honest stories from people, on what happened to them following staying with their partner. You obviously don't have any and obviously don't comprehend that I said I don't want people just telling me to break up with him etc so don't bother.
I would not be able to cope with that. I don't see how people could forgive someone who have done such a hurtful and disrespectful thing and even worse come out of it with a child.

I'd end it because it wouldn't be fair to live my life hating the boyfriend for what he did, putting pressure on the girl he's going to have a connection with for the rest of his life and inevitably disliking the child.

That's just my opinion though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending