The Student Room Group

Is Kings (KCL Med) over-rated?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by bloody_student
I may go to Barts, but Barts is not "way better" in several aspects than Kings (Not in a non-banterous way anyway).

These grandeur delusions that one medical school is "better than another" annoys me royally

Oxford for med or st georgies for med? exactly.
:lurk:

I'm biased towards Barts and the London :proud:

I wouldn't say GKT is over-rated.. they seem good at what they do :dontknow:

But I'm just going to sit here quietly and watch the arguments :ninja:
Reply 22
kings is good, i know they are. But when people talk bout it, they gget proper anal over it and most kings students think they are like the best and way better than barts studnets.

ignore my englishhh pleaseee, got of msn
Reply 23
All med schools are crap. Apart from nottingham.

Whoever negged me should intercalate in Bsc Sarcasm.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Roller
Oxford for med or st georgies for med? exactly.

Firstly it is either St. Georges or Georgies.

Secondly I would pick the integrated course at Georgies any day

Thirdly, if you think you are making any counter argument against me, you are not, you are just further proving my point. Elitist idiot.
this seems like such a pointless thread....

i'll bring forth my biased GKT views....i loved it when i visited. guys is beautiful, it's just south of the river and london bridge/borough is a nice area etc. The course structure seems amazing, as do the facilities and in terms of rep then, without argument, kings is going to be > barts....its 21st in the world on QS and is seen as being a "prestigious" uni...lots of sources back this.

on the other hand barts has its ups....yes i think its an "up-coming" medical school and if PBL is for you then bart's is your uni...

so yea... no point creating a thread to "poo" on GKT to big up barts....each will appeal to different people

Generally speaking on rankings, prestige etc kcl > barts. But, as i said previously, for medicine, if you like the course barts offers, then it's better than king's.

safe
Reply 26
Tis a sad day when pre-freshers are slagging off medical schools. FYI Barts is the oldest medical school in the land - it is not 'up and coming!'
Reply 27
Who the **** cares about rep? If you're an actual medicine pre-fresher (and not a troll) then you should realise that reputation doesn't matter.

Barts is PBL, Kings is traditional.

Grow the **** up, OP.
Reply 28
Original post by Singh993

i'll bring forth my biased GKT views....i loved it when i visited. guys is beautiful, it's just south of the river and london bridge/borough is a nice area etc. The course structure seems amazing, as do the facilities and in terms of rep then, without argument, kings is going to be > barts....its 21st in the world on QS and is seen as being a "prestigious" uni...lots of sources back this.

on the other hand barts has its ups....yes i think its an "up-coming" medical school and if PBL is for you then bart's is your uni...

so yea... no point creating a thread to "poo" on GKT to big up barts....each will appeal to different people

Generally speaking on rankings, prestige etc kcl > barts. But, as i said previously, for medicine, if you like the course barts offers, then it's better than king's.

safe

Surely you are aware such a statement will do nothing but cause an argument?
Original post by Organ
Surely you are aware such a statement will do nothing but cause an argument?

If you re-read what I read, you'll see that I've said that based upon ranking etc. That's merely fact...

Read on and you'll also realise I've argued the case for Bart's too....:colone:
Reply 30

safe

Bloody pre-freshers and their "rankings". You can take your "prestige" and shove it
Thought it might be worth mentioning the OP was trolling and has been banned... twice :lol:
Reply 32
Bloody pre-freshers and their "rankings". You can take your "prestige" and shove it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI-gYmxoCRQ
Reply 33
Original post by Wangers

Original post by Wangers
Tis a sad day when pre-freshers are slagging off medical schools. FYI Barts is the oldest medical school in the land - it is not 'up and coming!'

"up and coming" in terms of becoming more and more recognised for it's work.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Thought it might be worth mentioning the OP was trolling and has been banned... twice :lol:

would explain a lot :biggrin:

oh dear....you clearly haven't understood what I was trying to say eh? Never mind - carry on with your craziness

Peace out
Reply 36
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Haha. :p:

Don't you dare tar us all with the same brush.
Reply 37
oh dear....you clearly haven't understood what I was trying to say eh? Never mind - carry on with your craziness

Peace out

I understood what you said perfectly.

My sentiment still stands.
Reply 38
Original post by Wangers

Aha! Those comments were actually starting to annoy me! :tongue:
I understood what you said perfectly.

My sentiment still stands.

in which case you're simply a buffoon: http://tinyurl.com/3s3khlx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending