The Student Room Group

I like her, she doesn't like me. Should I just ignore her?

Please keep anon.

I like this girl, who I am almost certain does not reciprocate the feelings. And quite frankly, I am tired of it now.

Now I'm thinking of just ignoring her outright but am sceptical of doing so as it makes me seem immature and it certainly does not go in lone with the etiquette.

What do you think?

PS. Although she hasn't said she doesn't like me, I know that's the case. I've got the vibes.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If I were you, I'd give up.
Whats wrong with keeping up a friendship?
Reply 3
I wouldn't be so blunt as to ignore her, just be casually friendly.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Please keep anon.

I like this girl, who I am almost certain does not reciprocate the feelings. And quite frankly, I am tired of it now.

Now I'm thinking of just ignoring her outright but am sceptical of doing so as it makes me seem immature and it certainly does not go in lone with the etiquette.

What do you think?

PS. Although she hasn't said she doesn't like me, I know that's the case. I've got the vibes.

dont ignore her, just dont go out of your way to talk to her.
Ignoring her is just silly, why do you need to ignore her? Fair enough give up your efforts on her, but to actively ignore her is pointless and will make you look like a weirdo, especially if she has no knowledge of these feelings you have.
Reply 6
I'd say just keep casually talking to her and start taking an interest in other girls you like.
Please keep anon.

What do you think?

I had the same problem!.. i liked this girl ( and rumours got round at uni that i like her). I saw her with her friends at this night club and she started screaming ( when she looked at me) and telling her friend to save her and she started laughing.... People like that aint worth it tbh!
Reply 8
Original post by st_23
dont ignore her, just dont go out of your way to talk to her.

But she'll text me quite a bit (usually work related) and it's all a bit boring now. I can't just blank these texts.
But she'll text me quite a bit (usually work related) and it's all a bit boring now. I can't just blank these texts.

Still hang out with her, she might have fit friends =P
Don't just flat out ignore her if she talks to you, just don't be around her. That's if you don't want to be friend of course. If you don't wanna be friends then there's no reason to keep talking to her.
Reply 11

is it always work related? Does she make an effort to talk to you on non work related matters? Also give an example of some of the things she texts you
Please keep anon.

What do you think?

If you think you can handle rejection, ask her out.

Learning to deal with rejection is a big part of life, and if you already think she will say no, what have you got to lose?

If she does say so, then just give her some space.
Reply 13
Original post by st_23
is it always work related? Does she make an effort to talk to you on non work related matters? Also give an example of some of the things she texts you

Rarely, but then again its the same with me, I rarely ever move the conversation outside of our studies.

I'm not gonna lie, she does seem quite flirty over text at times. And in person, its usually her the one who approaches. Im kind of contradicting myself now, aren't I?
Fight for your love!!
Please keep anon.

What do you think?

Unless you're prepared to ask her outright if she likes you/fancies going on a date with you, give up and move on. But don't ignore her altogether, that is a bit immature.
Reply 16
Rarely, but then again its the same with me, I rarely ever move the conversation outside of our studies.

I'm not gonna lie, she does seem quite flirty over text at times. And in person, its usually her the one who approaches. Im kind of contradicting myself now, aren't I?

Pretty much lol. So what things has she done that make it seem like she isn't interested?

Also why does she come to you on these matters as opposed to other people on your course? Is there a specific reason?
Reply 17
Original post by st_23
Pretty much lol. So what things has she done that make it seem like she isn't interested?

Also why does she come to you on these matters as opposed to other people on your course? Is there a specific reason?

Can't say she's done anything to say she's not interested, but I just get the vibe.

I don't know, we kinda do the same course and from the beginning we've stayed in touch about our work, so I guess that's sort of continued.
You don't even know if she does like you or not? I'd find out first. But if she doesn't, don't ignore her. That's a tad bit immature.
Reply 19
Can't say she's done anything to say she's not interested, but I just get the vibe.

I don't know, we kinda do the same course and from the beginning we've stayed in touch about our work, so I guess that's sort of continued.

There must be something she does, even if its something small. From the sounds of it i wouldnt give up yet, maybe try and make an effort to see her more outside of lectures such as on a night out and see if she is more interested then. OBviously don't go too much out of your way to do it but maybe if you are going out with friends ask her is she is out that night or something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending