The Student Room Group

To what extent are you okay with your girlfriend/boyfriend flirting with others?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Anonymous
It isn't about trusting them not to take it further though, at least in my case. I feel like him saying these things (sexual 'player' things) makes him seem creepy and seedy, which embarrasses me, especially when I know he isn't actually like that. I feel like I'm going to have to end it because I can't take it anymore

It's called having a laugh, a bit of banter and all that. You sound really uptight about it tbh.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you were the anon who has been calling me a slapper lol. In that case you should just talk to him about it, and tell him you don't feel comfortable. Each relationship has different boundaries. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Cicerao
Let's face it, it does. I don't know many people who would call the village bike classy.

A girl who doesn't disclose her number of sexual partners would have no reason to be called anything but classy. I come from a very conservative area and we don't exactly have tens of thousands of chavs walking around. Regardless of that, though, many of the girls I know have been brought up well, got very good results throughout school and compose themselves nicely, hold good morals and a certain level of class. That doesn't mean that a bloody lot of them haven't slept with a lot of people though.

Everything is relative but that's just ****ing stupid
Nothing wrong with a little flirting, as long as its kept verbal :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by hxecute
Exactly! If it's okay between the girlfriend and boyfriend, what gives anyone else the right to say what's right or wrong!

And besides, when you're with someone for a long time, and you learn about all their amazing qualities and flaws, you learn what you can get away with, and what you can expect a sh*tstorm for :wink:

Very true, well added! I also do not understand this link that people have between 'class' and the number of sexual partners you have had! There is absolutely NO correlation! Stop bashing people for there opinions if you disagree say so but don't resort to personal insults!
Reply 64
Original post by .Ali.
It's called having a laugh, a bit of banter and all that. You sound really uptight about it tbh.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you were the anon who has been calling me a slapper lol. In that case you should just talk to him about it, and tell him you don't feel comfortable. Each relationship has different boundaries. :smile:

Well no, it's okay; your original post was how he and most of his friends would view me for feeling like this. I like flirting when it's innocent and playful, but when it goes past that it just feels wrong to me, I'm not sure why. I think we just can't be right for one another.
Mate flirting, go for it, its all banter, but a stranger I would feel a little uncomfortable. And so would he
Original post by .Ali.
Ignore him. He's one of those sad /b/tards who gets his kicks by abusing women on the internet.

So?

I abuse women in real life too.I dont go on /b/ much.
Reply 67
Well no, it's okay; your original post was how he and most of his friends would view me for feeling like this. I like flirting when it's innocent and playful, but when it goes past that it just feels wrong to me, I'm not sure why. I think we just can't be right for one another.

What does he do that goes past the boundary? Does he know how he's making you feel?
Reply 68
Original post by Angie varona
I abuse women in real life too.I dont go on /b/ much.

Wow, you sound like a real catch! :rofl:
Reply 69
I don't mind it at all when it's playful teasing as I do the same, but when it's overt and sexual it really upsets me... but I'm not sure if I'm abnormal in feeling like this and need to chill out about it more.

So how do you feel about it?
(Anon as he uses this. Thanks.)

Never had that problem. My boyfriend studies Computer Networking :wink:

lol but seriously, I don't think I'd like it but I wouldn't say anything unless it was overtly sexual.
Reply 70
Lol, it seems like everyone just hates on .Ali. in every thread no matter what she says...
Reply 71
Original post by Baula

lol but seriously, I don't think I'd like it but I wouldn't say anything unless it was overtly sexual.

Hah! But from the things guys seem to think on TSR I'm not sure that really means much :tongue: I'm sure he's lovely.

What would you class as overtly sexual?
Reply 72
I don't let my boyfriend talk to other women... :tongue:
Original post by .Ali.
Wow, you sound like a real catch! :rofl:

Thats why i get approached by 7s+ all of the time and get people(mostly men tbh no homo) mirin my body in the gym and on bb.com.
Original post by Baula

Lawl, Computer Networking!

Computer Science > Computer Networking :cool:

But us computer scientists are in the same boat in this topic :frown:
Reply 75
Original post by Angie varona
Thats why i get approached by 7s+ all of the time and get people(mostly men tbh no homo) mirin my body in the gym and on bb.com.

It used to drive me insane, all the time. Even though I am now single, I've completely changed, and wouldn't even care about it with a future partner.

I'm sure it works both ways, but women don't like to be told what they can and can't do (which is what I'm sure will happen if you start saying you can/can't talk to 'x' person, etc).

Not caring works in everyone's favour, as if something does go down in the way of infidelity, you can simply ditch the partner then and there. If something doesn't, well, then you've just saved yourself all the headaches.
Reply 77

What would you class as overtly sexual?

Touching and sexual references/comments maybe? With my ex I used to find it weird when he was really close with a particular girl over the other ones. It's that sort of thing I'm meaning but I'm not really sure how to explain it :colondollar:
Reply 78
I don't particularly care because I'm quite flirty myself and have a lot of close guy friends that if seen with by a member of public, they would have no doubt that we fancied each other but to us, its harmless flirting and a laugh.
He can flirt all he wants when his words start turning in to actions, thats when I know he needs to be shown the door. Until then, its all good.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by .Ali.

LMAO@at failed jpeg.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending