The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would say around 13 stone but it all depends on how much muscle you have.
Reply 2
Original post by Naomiimoan

Lets go for like none, or like average. What I'm trying to say is that its not like I'll be doing weights or anything because I don't want to be muscly or anything.
Reply 3

13 stone?! thats tiny!!

decent size rugby player type will be 15-16 stone and not look fat. can easily get bigger than that and not look/be fat too.

Depends on muscle though, like you say. Could defo look fat at 16 stone if you never did any exercise.
Reply 4
Original post by hslt
13 stone?! thats tiny!!

decent size rugby player type will be 15-16 stone and not look fat. can easily get bigger than that and not look/be fat too.

Depends on muscle though, like you say. Could defo look fat at 16 stone if you never did any exercise.

But thats the thing see, like no interest at all in having that bulky muscly look.
Reply 5
Original post by MrCharmed
Lets go for like none, or like average. What I'm trying to say is that its not like I'll be doing weights or anything because I don't want to be muscly or anything.

Then around 13 stone.
In BMI terms, that's the upper end of normal
Reply 6
Then around 13 stone.
In BMI terms, that's the upper end of normal

Right, ok thanks. So like 13 stone would just be like typical guy in the street kind of thin? I've just got this image in my head that you'll be fat right up until your 11st 7
Reply 7
Original post by hslt
13 stone?! thats tiny!!

Oh I know but 16-17 stone of muscle, like most rugby players, is huge and in my opinion not particularly attractive
Reply 8

please gtfo fitness kthx
11 and a half stone, if you're not muscly. I'm 6 foot, have lost weight and that's about the weight I started looking normal/slim
Right, ok thanks. So like 13 stone would just be like typical guy in the street kind of thin? I've just got this image in my head that you'll be fat right up until your 11st 7

Yh but the lower your body fat percentage, the thinner you'll look at heavier weights.
So although a 13 stone man of average muscle mass to body fat ratio will look normal, a man who's lean (lower body fat percentage) will look smaller.
But yes, 13 stone will be typical guy in the street thin, especially if you're planning on exercising as well as dieting.
(edited 13 years ago)
dunno stone. Id say above 90kg you'd start to look pretty tubs.
i am 6ft and 13 stone ish. have only been training weights for around 4 months so not muscular yet, but have had compliments saying i look slim. (when i have been wearing clothes, skinny fat)

It depends on your bone structure and natural muscle mass. i reckon atm if i did a proper cut i would get down to around 12 stone and look very lean. But there would probably not be much different visually when i was walking down the street in clothes that weren't tight.

So it depends whether you are after a body that makes you not look fat when wearing clothes, or one that makes you not look fat when on the beach/naked. There is probably about 1-2 stone of weight difference between those two points.

Also you want some muscle, otherwise you will end up looking skinny/scrawny, which is just as bad/worse than being slightly fat.
Reply 13
Original post by a_t
please gtfo fitness kthx

I don't know what you mean tbh
Reply 14
Original post by Monkey_Pete
i am 6ft and 13 stone ish. have only been training weights for around 4 months so not muscular yet, but have had compliments saying i look slim. (when i have been wearing clothes, skinny fat)

It depends on your bone structure and natural muscle mass. i reckon atm if i did a proper cut i would get down to around 12 stone and look very lean. But there would probably not be much different visually when i was walking down the street in clothes that weren't tight.

So it depends whether you are after a body that makes you not look fat when wearing clothes, or one that makes you not look fat when on the beach/naked. There is probably about 1-2 stone of weight difference between those two points.

Also you want some muscle, otherwise you will end up looking skinny/scrawny, which is just as bad/worse than being slightly fat.

No thats the kind of lood I'm going for.
If it helps they would need to weigh 11st 7lb for a BMI of 22.

I am nearly 11 stone. I look pretty slim. I'm 5'7''. In shoes.
It depends more on your BF%.

BMI is only useful for the average person who don't workout. It doesn't take in account muscle mass etc.

In conclusion, weight doesn't matter too much, BF is more relevant.
Reply 17
Original post by Knowledgable_Power
It depends more on your BF%.

BMI is only useful for the average person who don't workout. It doesn't take in account muscle mass etc.

In conclusion, weight doesn't matter too much, BF is more relevant.

I get that but it only really matters if you want to be muscly which i don't.
Conversely, your frame does matter. Height is not the only determinant of frame. You're asking a question that none of us can really answer except in the most vague terms, even if muscle mass is discounted completely.
Reply 19
Why do you want to just be thin, out of curiosity? Could you post a picture of your ideal body shape?

Latest