The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
BUMP :fatcontroller:

:colondollar:
Both are legal, so it's not wrong exactly.

But a 16 year old might not have much in common with a 20 year old.
both are fine
Reply 4
Personally, when I was 16 I wouldn't date anyone older than 18. But its all down to personal preference, I know many people who have dated older and been very happy :smile:
Reply 5
My boyfriend was 20 when I was 16, some people might find it too much of an age difference but I honestly didn't notice it.
Reply 6
it should be fine for either... the rule is half age +7.
Any 20 year old who'd date a 16 year old must have serious issues...
There's a 10 year age gap between my boyfriend and I.
I'm 16 and he's 26.
Original post by dean01234
it should be fine for either... the rule is half age +7.

no, no it really isn't, that's only a rule for you if you have the maturity of a 12 year old.
I'm 16 and dating a 20 year old. We're been getting on fine for quite a while now and don't really notice the age difference when we're together. The only bad this is that I can't really go out with him at night (except for gigs), but then again, this means we give each other more space and less likely to get sick of each other any time soon.
Reply 11
16 and/or an 18 year old dating a 20 year old is fine

I know a 21 year old who married a 30 year old. Thats a bit too much of a gap in my opinion, but if you're happy with them then age shouldn't matter
Reply 12
Dunno if i like the idea of a 16 and 20 year old to be honest...That's kinda someone who's still a kid and in school vs an adult. Still lives at home etc.

I'd be more keen of 18 -> 23 year old. An extra year difference but at least you can go out together anywhere, and they can do anything, don't have parents lingering as much. And both more or less adults.
Reply 13
a 16 year old girl should only date up to 18, 20 is too far and may change their personality for the worse or pressurize them
if a 16 year old guy is with a 20 year old girl then good for him!!!!
When it's a 16 year old dating a 20 year there's such a massive experience and maturity gap whether it be university or work.

18-20 is fine I think.

I agree with the half age plus 7 rule. Or the minus 7 and double to find max age.
Reply 15
I'm 16 and my boyfriend is 18 and I think it's a fine age difference
But with a 20 year old, except in really rare cases I think you'd probably have less in common with them, although it's still okay
Original post by Anonymous
Dating an 18 year old, Is it fine or wrong? :eek: .

Dating a 20 year old, fine or wrong? :confused: .

Thoughts? :smile:

18 fine. 20, a bit sick on the 20 year olds part
whether you are dating an 18 year old or a 20 year old, when it comes to love, age shouldnt stand in the way! if you really are in love with him'her, or get on with him/her well, age doesnt matter. you should feel comfortable around them and just have fun with them!
Reply 18
That is barely anything.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
no, no it really isn't, that's only a rule for you if you have the maturity of a 12 year old.

some one is going out with a little kid or an old guy... guess i struck a nerve

Latest

Trending

Trending