The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thegenius31416
This thread is for entry in September 2012 so no-one here has applied to anywhere yet.

I meant is anyone applying :P
changed it now :L
Original post by AishaTara
I meant is anyone applying :P
changed it now :L

I am thinking of it, yep :smile: Bit too far from London, so not sure, but considering. Are you? :smile:
Original post by theseeker
I am thinking of it, yep :smile: Bit too far from London, so not sure, but considering. Are you? :smile:

Yep possibly, but it'll depend on what their grade requirements for GCSES are, do you know?
Reply 623
Everyone finished with their exams or are we still all revising? :tongue:
Yep possibly, but it'll depend on what their grade requirements for GCSES are, do you know?

GCSE: I think it's grade A at GCSE, doesn't say how many As and A* one should have.
GCSE: I think it's grade A at GCSE, doesn't say how many As and A* one should have.

ahh okay thank you. It's abit annoying when they only have their mininum requirements :/ Edinburgh have a list of what an average applicant would have which is so useful, but with the rest some of them it's like taking a risk where you're applying tbh because realistically most people do exceed the mininum highly
ahh okay thank you. It's abit annoying when they only have their mininum requirements :/ Edinburgh have a list of what an average applicant would have which is so useful, but with the rest some of them it's like taking a risk where you're applying tbh because realistically most people do exceed the mininum highly

What is Edinburgh's requirements? :colondollar:
What is Edinburgh's requirements? :colondollar:

it said 6A* :/ average applicant
Reply 628
Original post by Hemzo

Finished :tongue:

I know some people still have their core further maths module in late June, though.

Are you nearly done?
Reply 629
Original post by Hemzo

Still revising like mad :frown:. My most important exams are left: C3, C4 and M2.
Original post by Hemzo

Physics tomorrow :s-smilie:

Then C3 (:frown:) FP1 (:redface:) and M1 (:smile:) still left after that.
Reply 631
Physics tomorrow :s-smilie:

Then C3 (:frown:) FP1 (:redface:) and M1 (:smile:) still left after that.

C3? :O You're doing A2 maths early?

Good luck for them all everyone!
Original post by tateco
C3? :O You're doing A2 maths early?

Good luck for them all everyone!

I'm doing C1, C2, S1 for Maths AS. FP1, M1, D1 for Further Maths AS. I'm taking C3 a year early. I'll be taking C4 in January so I'll know by March if I've got an A* or not (and if I haven't, I can take the necessary resits :wink:).
Reply 633
I'm doing C1, C2, S1 for Maths AS. FP1, M1, D1 for Further Maths AS. I'm taking C3 a year early. I'll be taking C4 in January so I'll know by March if I've got an A* or not (and if I haven't, I can take the necessary resits :wink:).

I hate my school.
Original post by tateco
I hate my school.

Some schools don't even offer Further Mathematics AS, so don't worry :smile:
Reply 635

Ah, at least your school makes you take C4 in January. If you certificate before UCAS, Cambridge are likely to not include the Maths A-Level in your offer. :eek:

Are you on Edexcel? If so, how did you find C1, C2, S1, M1 and D1?

Original post by Hemzo

I've got FP1 left. I sort of wish I had more exams (or could do the earlier ones again). :colondollar:
Original post by Groat
Ah, at least your school makes you take C4 in January. If you certificate before UCAS, Cambridge are likely to not include the Maths A-Level in your offer. :eek:

Are you on Edexcel? If so, how did you find C1, C2, S1, M1 and D1?

I'm taking C4 in January 2012, so it'll be certificated in March 2012 I guess, which is way after UCAS.

No, OCR I'm afraid (that's right, fun fun fun doing the OCR D1 paper).
Reply 637
I'm taking C4 in January 2012, so it'll be certificated in March 2012 I guess, which is way after UCAS.

No, OCR I'm afraid (that's right, fun fun fun doing the OCR D1 paper).

How did you cope with it personally?

I wouldn't wish people on Edexcel this series - their exams have been devious to say the least!
Original post by Groat
How did you cope with it personally?

I wouldn't wish people on Edexcel this series - their exams have been devious to say the least!

It was shockingly hard and pretty bad on OCR's part for putting in an unsolvable 'show that'.
Alas, I am being forced to apply for Durham. Would've preferred Warwick tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending