The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Nerd Culture?

How common are the slightly more nerdily inclined in exeter university? Is it as established a group of people as in other universities?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There is a nerd fighters scene there. I know this, man.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
The nerdily inclined?
Reply 3
Nerdy girls are usually hotties.
Reply 4
anybody srsly?
Reply 5
There's a Science Fiction society and a Tolkien society...
Reply 6
Original post by arob752
Are you like a student ambassador or something?

No, just, erm, wise with the ways of the Force. And lacking anything better to do! (Also I have this awful compulsion to answer questions if people ask them. I drive my friends crazy Googling things they happened to ask rhetorical questions about. Answering people's actual questions on here is a good way of getting it out of my system with the minimum possible fuss and inconvenience, and hopefully being at least mildly helpful at the same time!)
Reply 7
How nerdy is nerdily inclined?
Nowhere, not even Oxbridge can beat the nerdiness of UCL. Seriously they are like rats in their computer cluster dungeons. I have never seen people looking so nerdy in my life. I remember on open day, there was this guy with a big jewfro, round glasses, thick vermillion sweater, and massive jack-ups in his jeans coupled with tacky white trainers. I will never forget when soon after on the same day I saw this ultra nerdy looking guy pored over 2 laptops and a pile of books through a window while outside it was nice and sunny with hot girls frolicking around.add that to the maths jokes we used to tell for entertainment in the kitchen..

Actually I just remembered Imperial. While I have never actually seen any nerds there I have heard stories....
Reply 9
Original post by Persipan
There's a Science Fiction society and a Tolkien society...

Okay :smile:

does that mean there are a lot of nerdily inclined people around then?

Original post by pheegee
How nerdy is nerdily inclined?

quite inclined in being a nerd, yes :smile:
Reply 10
Cos you see, Im nerdily inclined enough to hold a conversation about gaming, fantasy novels, some interesting parts of physics or even star trek, but not nerdily inclined enough to be held back in conversations that are about... well... non nerdy things. So I wondered if I was nerdily inclined enough for whatever this may be.
However nerdy it will be, i can't wait!
I'm a nerd and proud!
Reply 13
Original post by pheegee
Cos you see, Im nerdily inclined enough to hold a conversation about gaming, fantasy novels, some interesting parts of physics or even star trek, but not nerdily inclined enough to be held back in conversations that are about... well... non nerdy things. So I wondered if I was nerdily inclined enough for whatever this may be.

:hugs::hugs::jumphug:

juuust nerdily inclined enough fo sho!

Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
However nerdy it will be, i can't wait!

Original post by lollington-mccoy
I'm a nerd and proud!

:horse::dance::dancing::crazy::crazy:

yash! go nerds <3
Original post by Axavil
:hugs::hugs::jumphug:

juuust nerdily inclined enough fo sho!

:horse::dance::dancing::crazy::crazy:

yash! go nerds <3

:bumps:
Reply 15
This has to be the most epic thread that Exeter has ever, EVER produced :badger:
Reply 16
Original post by lollington-mccoy
:bumps:

Original post by NW-CG
This has to be the most epic thread that Exeter has ever, EVER produced :badger:

OMG!
I love u guys :love:

exeter is gonnna be so cool!
What subjects are you all doing?
Reply 18
psychology!
and here's the nerdy bit!

ive wanted to do psychology since i was little cuz i always wanted telepathy as a superpower :love:
Reply 19
Original post by Axavil
psychology!
and here's the nerdy bit!

ive wanted to do psychology since i was little cuz i always wanted telepathy as a superpower :love:

Same! Um... apart from the superpower bit. I just found Freud funny when my brother took it...

But yeah, what i'm basically saying is that I'm also taking Psychology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending