The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jacky23
I might sound stupid here, but what does EC stand for? Extra curricular ?

:yes:
Reply 3541
Original post by fredbol
I hope not because my PS has roughly two sentences of EC.

Mine has one/two as well :sexface: (Well actually I have lots of economics activities mentioned but I don't suppose that comes under the same umbrella as EC?)
Original post by MyBrainNeedsBreaks
Does anyone know how what UCL, LSE and Warwick pay more attention to in personal statements.
Cambridge is renown for ignoring the EC section, do either of the above pay any attention to it?

Obviously this is on hearsay and speculation but they also don't put much weight to EC. LSE in particular; they seem to care less than Cambridge.
Original post by Tateco
Mine has one/two as well :sexface: (Well actually I have lots of economics activities mentioned but I don't suppose that comes under the same umbrella as EC?)

subject related ECs

:ahee:
Reply 3544
Original post by Tateco

Yeah same here actually, but when I say 2 sentences I mean 2 sentences that show I lead a balanced life, i.e totally non-economicsy haha
Can anyone confirm that for the UCL YEAR ABROAD course, they are likely to interview?
Reply 3546
Original post by -Illmatic-
subject related ECs

:ahee:

:love:

Original post by fredbol
Yeah same here actually, but when I say 2 sentences I mean 2 sentences that show I lead a balanced life, i.e totally non-economicsy haha

Mine's exactly that too :L I'm sure they like obsession :tongue:
Reply 3547
Original post by WalkerPrince
Can anyone confirm that for the UCL YEAR ABROAD course, they are likely to interview?

I can't confirm anything sadly, but all I can say is that the UCL year abroad economics course looks amazing, but is very competitive
Reply 3548
Hi, it may sound like a stupid question but since at LSE most courses for instance Accounting and Finance, Economcs and Actuary Science have virtually the same modules in year 1 does this mean you can transfer after the first year if you do well. Can you transfer if you get an offer for another course before the year starts?

Can you do this at warwick, like maybe transfer from Accounting and Finance to Economics Bsc. Is this possible?
Reply 3549
Original post by Alpha5
Hi, it may sound like a stupid question but since at LSE most courses for instance Accounting and Finance, Economcs and Actuary Science have virtually the same modules in year 1 does this mean you can transfer after the first year if you do well. Can you transfer if you get an offer for another course before the year starts?

Can you do this at warwick, like maybe transfer from Accounting and Finance to Economics Bsc. Is this possible?

It would surprise me if you could because I presume it would be a very popular choice. I know that you can transfer from biomed at Bradford to medicine at Leeds if you finish in the top x% of students, so if it were possible I'd assume it'd be similar.

If I were you I'd just email LSE
Reply 3550
Original post by Alpha5

Your best bet would be to contact the relevant department at the relevant university, as everyone on this thread would just be guessing. There is a Warwick Q&A thread so you could ask on there :smile:
Original post by fredbol
I can't confirm anything sadly, but all I can say is that the UCL year abroad economics course looks amazing, but is very competitive

That's what I thought!

Super competitive, they sort of HAVE to interview!
What stage is everyone at in terms of their application? I just need to finish a final draft for my personal statement and choose my fifth choice university :smile:

I'm guessing the majority of Oxbridge candidates have already sent off their UCAS... Good Luck to you all! :biggrin:
Reply 3553
Original post by jamiepango
What stage is everyone at in terms of their application? I just need to finish a final draft for my personal statement and choose my fifth choice university :smile:

I'm guessing the majority of Oxbridge candidates have already sent off their UCAS... Good Luck to you all! :biggrin:

UCAS has been sent. :sexface:
Reply 3554
Would you say having 65-75% academia and the rest EC, should be okay for LSE and Warwick?
Reply 3555
Original post by Alpha5
Would you say having 65-75% academia and the rest EC, should be okay for LSE and Warwick?

How about you ask Warwick. :u:
Original post by Groat

Scary stuff... Although I'm sure you are feeling confident, no? :tongue:

Let me know how the interview goes :cool:
Reply 3557
Original post by jamiepango

UCAS sent as well, waiting for referee, though :smile:
Original post by Tateco

Other way round for me, my references and predicted grades are all sorted, they're just waiting on me :colondollar:

I wish you luck on your interview, let me know how it goes :biggrin:
Original post by Groat

Original post by Tateco

I sent mine off yesterday :smile: Good luck to you two!!! Hope the best for you! I'm sure you'll get into Cambridge :u:

Latest

Trending

Trending