The Student Room Group

Help me *skinny pic*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
yes and they are underweight too

if your BMI is less than 18.5 (and yours is) you ARE underweight!

Ok watever..I'm perfectly happy the way i am though, so end of convo plz.
This. Most Asian girls I know weigh around 45kg... anything over 55kg in Hong Kong is considered fat.

Original post by Heyx
I thought it was perfectly healthy...I'm not skinny for a girl tbh though.
Original post by Heyx
Ok watever..I'm perfectly happy the way i am though, so end of convo plz.

thats fine, just dont go around telling people they might be anorexic just because they have a underweight BMI :smile:

Original post by redbuthotter
This. Most Asian girls I know weigh around 45kg... anything over 55kg in Hong Kong is considered fat.

arent a lot of asian girls small in height though
Reply 163

I'm not Asian though btw. I'm English.
Reply 164
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
thats fine, just dont go around telling people they might be anorexic just because they have a underweight BMI :smile:

arent a lot of asian girls small in height though

Yh, I think Asian girls do tend to be shorter, but that may be a generalisation. And thanks, Ok, I'll be careful next time!
BMI is a load of *******s anyway
I have got to be brutally honest, that looks sickening OP! You need to start having protein shakes and get some meat on those skeletons, :wtf:
BMI is a load of *******s anyway

only if you are a body builder/athlete with a shed load of muscle

yes and that means **** all, since in asian countries there's a lot of internalization of western values, i.e. that being thin is everything
there's this stereotype that all asian women have to fulfil the stereotype of being petite and not all asian women are naturally tiny.
lol chinese people (hong kong) people are smaller on average. You'd know that if you ever went.
i didn't say they weren't, but that doesn't mean that hong kong's standards of what is 'fat' don't have anything to do with oppressive values.
Yes but the point is 45kg is easily maintainable without having an oppressed diet if you have those genes. The girls I know eat a lot for their size, I have their genes, gaining weight for me was a nightmare. Looking at continual force feeding for that to happen.
Steroids would help
Reply 173
Hahahaha okay apologies for the (5 year) necro but I was just looking at what threads 18 year old me made and this was the first one!

It's strange reading back what I used to write because I know I wrote it but it doesn't sound like how I thought I would think/write? I don't know if that's the same for you guys in old threads?

So in reality I basically didn't do any of the things suggested here and I'm still the lankiest person you'll probably ever meet.. but the kicker? I'm about 6,7 now instead of 6'3 haha.

I've seen doctors over the years for various things and whenever they mention my weight it's like a "oh, you're very skinny for your height aren't you.. have you always be skinny?" And as soon as I say yes they seem to think it's fine and just my body type. Apparently BMI is a really bad scale for taller/shorter people anyway!

But yeah.. I'm 23 and essentially the same body as before but I'm not as self conscious or concerned about it as much now. I just kind of embraced the reality of my situation that I don't hate my body enough to motivate me to do all the work required to fix it.

I always tell myself at New Years or next year when I'm less busy I'll focus on weight or whatever but it's never happened! I'm hoping late 20s my metabolism will slow down.. maybe that will help. :tongue:

Sorry I couldn't be one of those "wow amazing transformation" examples for all you skinny guys who stumble across this thread. Maybe you should be the transformation that inspires me! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest