The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ccc18
I appreciate what you're saying. Do you think the career prospects will differ much between economics graduates from Warwick and Nottingham?

To be honest, to an extent, yes. But the difference isnt that big (unless you're looking @ IB and even then Nottingham has some good links)
Reply 3761
Original post by ccc18
I appreciate what you're saying. Do you think the career prospects will differ much between economics graduates from Warwick and Nottingham?

As an applicant as well, I can't answer that definitively, but I'd say that there is a difference-Warwick has been a solid top five university in economics for a while now, and it appears that this hasn't been unnoticed by employers - in one league table (the independent's) Warwick has the best graduate prospects after cambridge, and the same as Oxford's. Nottingham is also a very strong uni (I'm applying, If I got an offer I would probably firm it), but it just isn't as strong. Warwick is also considered a "target university" for Investment banks, meaning that it is one that IBs recruit from more regularly (but not exclusively) from.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MyBrainNeedsBreaks
Anyone applying to Magdalene (Mawdlin)?

yes me!!
Reply 3763
Thoughts on Exeter's as a university for economics and their 4 year course with year 4 as a placement year?
That's as a top choice btw, along with bristol.
Reply 3764
Original post by Mujammil
Thoughts on Exeter's as a university for economics and their 4 year course with year 4 as a placement year?
That's as a top choice btw, along with bristol.

I'm applying there too, also for a four year course (undecided on year abroad or year in industry). I'm a bit confused as to what offer they'll give (they say A*AA-AAB), so I'm expecting an A*AA offer, but I'm not sure as to how flexible they'll be to students who miss the offer by a grade (e.g get AAA or A*AB).

I think Exeter as a uni is underestimated by here "because it offers a BA", despite the fact that I think the maths involved in the course is pretty similar to other places.
Reply 3765
Original post by Tateco

Original post by Tateco
I didn't lose the line breaks, but you were probably writing in 'Normal' mode on word where when you press enter it goes onto a new line but it isn't actually a proper line break, you need to have written it in 'No spacing' mode for it to count as a line.

does that mean i'll be disadvantaged, surely leaving line break would be a waste of a line
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3766
Original post by Groat
Did you take C2 in June? 92 was the most common score at my school because of the that damned circle question. :u:

Excellent UMS, by the way!

Same.. That darn question never made sense >_>
Lol, what is with the Negs? It was actually a genuine quesition. I only got one response and that was a 'yes' which i'm not too sure whether to take seriously or not. My question was, is Greece a stagnant economy?
Reply 3768
Original post by miscellaneous123
Lol, what is with the Negs? It was actually a genuine quesition. I only got one response and that was a 'yes' which i'm not too sure whether to take seriously or not. My question was, is Greece a stagnant economy?

Yes!
Original post by fredbol
Yes!

Anyone apart from Fredbol?
Reply 3770
Anyone apart from Fredbol?

No, I will not do your homework for you.
Original post by Tateco

FYI, it is not homework at alllllllllllll. I was merely wondering which countries would be considered to be stagnant, especially when there are countries such as the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Reply 3772
FYI, it is not homework at alllllllllllll. I was merely wondering which countries would be considered to be stagnant, especially when there are countries such as the Democratic Republic of the Congo

I'd call a country that has had negative or sub 0.8% growth since 2008 and whose economy shows no sign of growth and whose public finances are in a dire condition whose borrowing rates are unsustainable and whose banks are insolvent as stagnant.
Reply 3773
Original post by Tateco

Btw Tat, forgot to ask you, which choices did you make regarding universities?
Original post by fredbol
I'd call a country that has had negative or sub 0.8% growth since 2008 and whose economy shows no sign of growth and whose public finances are in a dire condition whose borrowing rates are unsustainable and whose banks are insolvent as stagnant.

okay thanks
It seems as if Homerton at Cambridge is going to be very oversuscribed this year. Me, china_dominations, and I know of few others from neighbouring schools.
Reply 3776
Original post by Hemzo
Btw Tat, forgot to ask you, which choices did you make regarding universities?

Cam, UCL, Warwick, Bath, Notts :smile: Decided not to bother with LSE... You?

Original post by letmewin94
It seems as if Homerton at Cambridge is going to be very oversuscribed this year. Me, china_dominations, and I know of few others from neighbouring schools.

But it has a lot more places for economics students than some colleges so surely it warrants the extra applicants?
Original post by Tateco
Cam, UCL, Warwick, Bath, Notts :smile: Decided not to bother with LSE... You?

But it has a lot more places for economics students than some colleges so surely it warrants the extra applicants?

Why did you not bother with LSE? :confused:
Reply 3778
Original post by WalkerPrince
Why did you not bother with LSE? :confused:

Not crazy about being in London and I've probably got a slightly better chance for UCL. The student satisfaction at LSE is generally poor too.
Original post by Tateco
Not crazy about being in London and I've probably got a slightly better chance for UCL. The student satisfaction at LSE is generally poor too.

Fair enough. For me it's always been LSE and Cambridge at the top, almost equal. I see what you mean though, the student satisfaction rate and the undergrad teaching staff have such bad reputations.

Latest

Trending

Trending