The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4420
Original post by Nadine10
hahah aww thanks! where you applying?

:smile: Cambridge, Warwick, Bath, Durham and Exeter.
Reply 4421
Original post by Yash13
:smile: Cambridge, Warwick, Bath, Durham and Exeter.

ive applied to cambridge and warwick as well. what college did you apply to? and what are ur subjects/grades?
Reply 4422
:biggrin: Mite see you there :wink: I applied to Fitzwilliam.

Subjects : Maths, Computing, Economics and ICT
AS: AAAA
A2: A* (ICT)
Predictions: A*A*A*
im an international student, and i go to a private school. At GCSE i got 9A* and 1A. I already have 2 full A-levels, Maths (A*) and French (A). This year i am going Further Maths, Physics, Economics and EPQ (all predicted A*) and I have an A in History AS. Hope its helpful x

Same GCSEs as me and you do/ did all my ASs (plus acouple extra :wink:) good luck with your applications!
Reply 4424
Original post by tooambitious
Same GCSEs as me and you do/ did all my ASs (plus acouple extra :wink:) good luck with your applications!

hahah thanks and you too! where are you applying?
hahah thanks and you too! where are you applying?

I'm year 12 - just keen :tongue:
Not certain Oxford (maybe cam though still choosing) lse, ucl (maybe international programme idk yet) warwick, and one other, I hope I don't aim to high and hey for rejections though :/, what did you go for? :smile:
Reply 4426
Original post by jacky23
open day form?

Yeah it comes by post...
Reply 4427
I'm year 12 - just keen :tongue:
Not certain Oxford (maybe cam though still choosing) lse, ucl (maybe international programme idk yet) warwick, and one other, I hope I don't aim to high and hey for rejections though :/, what did you go for? :smile:

cambridge, lse, warwick, ucl and bristol for economics. already got an offer from bristol :smile: what do ya wanna study?
cambridge, lse, warwick, ucl and bristol for economics. already got an offer from bristol :smile: what do ya wanna study?

Nice choices :smile:, econ too :biggrin:
Reply 4429
Nice choices :smile:, econ too :biggrin:

good luck!
Reply 4430
That is a looooottttt of pages to look through.

Has anyone had any offers from Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle or Birmingham for L100?

Original post by ohTS
That is a looooottttt of pages to look through.

Has anyone had any offers from Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle or Birmingham for L100?

I don't know about the others but Nottingham don't give out offers until after the January deadline
Hi all,

I was wondering what if i'm accepted in Glasgow and Bath/Bristol. Do you think it would worth paying the fees to go to the English ones? I'm an Eu student so it's free in scotland. Thanks!!
Reply 4433
Original post by pinouche13
Hi all,

I was wondering what if i'm accepted in Glasgow and Bath/Bristol. Do you think it would worth paying the fees to go to the English ones? I'm an Eu student so it's free in scotland. Thanks!!

I would say Bath/Bristol are better than Glasgow, so probably yes but really the difference in what you learn wouldn't be too big. If you think you are good enough for Bath/Bristol then apply, I don't think the money issue should affect your decision too much.
Hi all,

On the other hand, £27000+ is alot to pay for when essentially it is the same thing. Do bear in mind that the Scottish system is different and more similar to the American one: if you want the flexibility of taking on other subjects which aren't related to econ. All of their courses are also 4 years rather than 3 so its an extra year.

Also as a general overall reputation, Edinburgh is ranked 20th in the world whereas Bath doesn't even make it into the world top 100... It is highly likely that employers in France won't even notice the difference.
Anyone got news/acknowledgements from LSE or do they not give those out?
Original post by Brand New Eyes
On the other hand, £27000+ is alot to pay for when essentially it is the same thing. Do bear in mind that the Scottish system is different and more similar to the American one: if you want the flexibility of taking on other subjects which aren't related to econ. All of their courses are also 4 years rather than 3 so its an extra year.

Also as a general overall reputation, Edinburgh is ranked 20th in the world whereas Bath doesn't even make it into the world top 100... It is highly likely that employers in France won't even notice the difference.

I'm also going for Edinburgh and the point of studying abroad is not obviously to come back and work in France. Isn't the scottish 4 years for a MA? and English ones for for a BA/Bsc ?

I'm also going for Edinburgh and the point of studying abroad is not obviously to come back and work in France. Isn't the scottish 4 years for a MA? and English ones for for a BA/Bsc ?

Scottish MA = English BA

...obviously:wink:
Original post by Pancakeman123
Scottish MA = English BA

...obviously:wink:

ahaha didn't know that. Thanks, you resolved something which was a mystery to me.
Well in any respects they're both good universities, Bath is just ranked slightly higher but in terms of employers they don't really care whether it was 7th or 12th as long as its not say 99th out of 102. :lol: I don't understand why living/working in Paris/France is "unfortunate". I'd love to be in your position.

Latest

Trending

Trending