The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4880
Woooooo first offer from Birmingham. PHEW
Original post by ...mo...
hi. Can anyone recommend good AAB uni's or even AAA that is not as competitive
Thanks

Leeds, Lancaster, York, Surrey(they are now AAA-AAB :O)
Original post by ohTS
Woooooo first offer from Birmingham. PHEW

Congrats! :smile:

I'm hoping to apply to Birmingham soon but I'm so nervous as they too reject perfectly strong applicants. May I ask what were your grades like?
Reply 4883
Original post by azure.skies

Congrats! :smile:

I'm hoping to apply to Birmingham soon but I'm so nervous as they too reject perfectly strong applicants. May I ask what were your grades like?

Thank you! I'm so relieved, it feels like ages since I applied.

Well I got 3 A*s 5As 2Bs at gcse so they're not too strong but alright I suppose, but at AS I got AAAAB and my predictions are A*AA and I'm doing an EPQ but I don't know what Birmingham base their offers on tbh. My offer is AAA which is higher than quite a few for econ, 2 of my other unis I've applied to are AAB.

How are your grades? And where else are you thinking of applying to?
Reply 4884
First offer from Manchester! Wooooooooooooo.
Original post by ohTS
Thank you! I'm so relieved, it feels like ages since I applied.

Well I got 3 A*s 5As 2Bs at gcse so they're not too strong but alright I suppose, but at AS I got AAAAB and my predictions are A*AA and I'm doing an EPQ but I don't know what Birmingham base their offers on tbh. My offer is AAA which is higher than quite a few for econ, 2 of my other unis I've applied to are AAB.

How are your grades? And where else are you thinking of applying to?

You have strong AS grades :smile: My AS's went quite bad and I had some extenuating circumstances but I don't think unis really care. They seem to only want good grades. I had AABB at AS Economics, Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I was two percent off A's at both my Bs though. I have 5A*s and 4As at CIE O Levels (I'm an international)

I'm thinking of applying to LSE and Bristol for A&F and Birmingham, Nottingham and Manchester for Economics. I have A*AAA predictions but I'm not predicted A* in Math so I guess I wouldn't get in at LSE Econ. I'm mostly applying to LSE because of pressure from family. parents! :P It's just one choice though so I hope I get offers from the rest of my places.

I'm thinking of switching Bristol with a safety Econ uni or Manchester with a lower uni because of AS grades. I'm worried I'm stretching myself too far. Congrats to you once again :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4886
Birmingham offer!!
though I do have a question about it. Basically it says it's 'conditional' even though I've already sat my A-levels. any advice?

oh and for those people who want to know my stats, I had pretty average GCSEs (6A*s 3As 2Bs 1C) and A*A*AA for alevel.
Reply 4887
Original post by shebrain
Birmingham offer!!
though I do have a question about it. Basically it says it's 'conditional' even though I've already sat my A-levels. any advice?

oh and for those people who want to know my stats, I had pretty average GCSEs (6A*s 3As 2Bs 1C) and A*A*AA for alevel.

well what are the conditions when you click on the course in track?

CONGRATULATIONS BTW!
Reply 4888
Birmingham offer!!

Might be conditional on something really menial like showing your certificates :smile: Click on the course code.
nice work.

I too would like to go to Birmingham, with an A*A*A prediction. However my bad GCSE's (A* 4A 4B 4C) are making me feel like I am unlikely to get in. I know they look at GCSE's, so how slim of a chance, if any, have I got

Thanks
Reply 4890
Original post by Nadine10
well what are the conditions when you click on the course in track?

CONGRATULATIONS BTW!

Hahaa thanks :smile:

and there's just a blank space after what I need to obtain. I think I MAY need to send photocopied proof of my grades to the school or something. Maybe I'll just call them tomorrow and see...
Reply 4891
Original post by Tateco
Might be conditional on something really menial like showing your certificates :smile: Click on the course code.

Hahaa yeah I think it's that. I've heard of people that had to pretty much bend over backwards with all their proof stuff :rolleyes:
Reply 4892
Hahaa yeah I think it's that. I've heard of people that had to pretty much bend over backwards with all their proof stuff :rolleyes:

Yeah don't worry about it, you have an offer and if you have the grades for the typical offer you are in :wink: Let them worry about all the proof stuff, Well done! :party:
Reply 4893

I'm thinking of switching Bristol with a safety Econ uni or Manchester with a lower uni because of AS grades. I'm worried I'm stretching myself too far. Congrats to you once again :smile:

Ha you think those ASs are bad!? I think you're being too hard on yourself, and if those are due to unfortunate circumstances I'm sure your A2s will be amazing then.

Well isn't LSE AAB for accounting and finance? Because I don't see why you wouldn't get considered, although I know it's notoriously difficult to get in there. Nottingham's also really hard to get into, I've applied there and feel like I'm shooting a bit too high, but I suppose you don't know unless you try!

Good luck:smile:
Reply 4894
nice work.

I too would like to go to Birmingham, with an A*A*A prediction. However my bad GCSE's (A* 4A 4B 4C) are making me feel like I am unlikely to get in. I know they look at GCSE's, so how slim of a chance, if any, have I got

Thanks

Well I got an offer today and my gcses are 3A*s 5As 2Bs so they can't be that strict with them! Thank God hahh:smile:
which universities have started giving out offers for EU/British students?
Original post by ohTS
Well I got an offer today and my gcses are 3A*s 5As 2Bs so they can't be that strict with them! Thank God hahh:smile:

Hi

good GCSE's. Can I just ask what A levels? you probably had a great PS,employment,reference....

Any advice for a birmingham hopeful?
Reply 4897

Hi

good GCSE's. Can I just ask what A levels? you probably had a great PS,employment,reference....

Any advice for a birmingham hopeful?

My ASs were AAAAB with my B in the subject I've dropped and my predictions are A*AA and an A* in gen stud and I'm doing an EPQ but I'm not sure what they base their offers on tbh.

I never saw my reference so I have no idea what it's like and my PS was veryyy academic based because of the other unis I've applied to - my extra curricular took up literally about 10% of it, if that.

As long as you've got alright GCSEs which you have, and good ASs and predictions that live up to the requirements I'm sure you'll get an offer:smile:
Original post by Tateco
Yeah don't worry about it, you have an offer and if you have the grades for the typical offer you are in :wink: Let them worry about all the proof stuff, Well done! :party:

You and groat are applying for Clare right (sorry if I'm wrong)? Thought you might want to know at a debating comp today I met a boy with an interview offer from clare- yours could well be on it's way :biggrin:
Reply 4899
Original post by tooambitious
You and groat are applying for Clare right (sorry if I'm wrong)? Thought you might want to know at a debating comp today I met a boy with an interview offer from clare- yours could well be on it's way :biggrin:

We're both going for Emma :u: And apparently Emma normally give interview offers out next week! Thanks for letting me know though, very thoughtful! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending