The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well, if you ask my opinion so it must be personality, beauty and intelligent all are equal. :smile:
Reply 21
Looks obviously. As long as her personality isn't dreadful, just choose on basically looks.
Reply 22
LOOKS = a good body, good hair, look after skin, don't wear a lot of make up.

ANY GIRL can get good looks :s-smilie: to me
Reply 23
Original post by DanielleT192
Hmm they are interchangeable I think. You need to physically and mentally attracted to them in order to be compatible of any form.

how fair.

we don't choose what we look like, yet it plays an enormous role?
When they say personality they usually mean not a completely irritating idiot. If there was a chubby girl who was really witty and made you lol, and a quiet beautiful girl who was quite nice, the quiet beautiful girl would attract you more. I've seen this over and over, at least.
Reply 25
Original post by problemsolver
When they say personality they usually mean not a completely irritating idiot. If there was a chubby girl who was really witty and made you lol, and a quiet beautiful girl who was quite nice, the quiet beautiful girl would attract you more. I've seen this over and over, at least.

your wrong.

IT ISN'T EVEN ABOUT CHUBBY.

it's all about face...ANYONE can get a good body, but were stuck with a face, the sad thing is...it plays a massive part of ourlives and we have very littler control over it

life is so fair
Reply 26
Original post by problemsolver

This! lots of ugly girls are really nice people, doesn't mean the best looking lads are getting with them.

Basically attractive female hasn't got to be a complete b1tch. Many seem to fail on that.
Reply 27
Original post by paula.a
a lot of guys say that they want a girl who can cook,clean and has a nice personality but when they find that girl (who may not be the most beautiful flower in the garden) they overlook her for someone skinnier and more beautiful, why?

Beauty is the bait, a nice personality is the hook.

EDIT - Necro'ed :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Beauty isn't particularly important, but attraction is. You can be attracted to someone who wouldn't normally be considered "beautiful," for a variety or reasons, including appearance and personality.

Personally, I've never met someone who I'd say was physically "ugly" because a fantastic personality, for me at least, also sheds a new light on someone's appearance.
Original post by justdoit1
how fair.

That's part of being human. You need to be physically attracted to someone otherwise the relationship just won't work (similarly, you need to be attracted to their personality as well, rather than just their looks). But just because you find someone physically attractive doesn't mean the next person will, and just because the average person might consider you to be "ugly" doesn't mean that one person, or a group of people, won't be physically attracted to you. So the whole idea of physical attractiveness isn't really that restrictive.
how fair.

Yeah, I agree with the person above. Interchangeable might've not been the best word. It's all about being attracted to them, which involves a combination of both, IMO, of course with personality being the most important and permanent factor.

I've been attracted to different types of people, so there's no set ground rules of being attracted to someone. It varies all of the time.
Reply 31
Beauty or personality? A beautiful personality.
Original post by paula.a
a lot of guys say that they want a girl who can cook,clean and has a nice personality but when they find that girl (who may not be the most beautiful flower in the garden) they overlook her for someone skinnier and more beautiful, why?

What sort of world are you living in? Where you are expected to stay at home, clean and cook...?
And why can't a girl with a beautiful personality, and beautiful looks, be good at cooking and cleaning? Best of both worlds then? :mmm:

That aside, I think people come as a package as such... if you find yourself attracted to someone, it's usually due to their appearance and personality mixed together... :smile:
I can't have sex with your personality and I can't put my penis in your college degree :rofl:

Original post by concubine
If I was a mod I'd close every single thread like this but no, they're more concerned with handing out BS warnings for trivial things like 'offensiveness'. HOHOHO.

I got one of these earlier :facepalm2: Theyve got nothing better to do
No point of good looks when the person's personality is crap. so Personality :biggrin:
Reply 35
no-one decides their looks

it's unfair. completely unfair

so i refuse to take part in this system. i've been single always and will remain so.
a lot of girls say that they want a guy who can tend to their emotional needs and has a nice personality but when they find that guy (who may not be the most beautiful flower in the garden) they overlook him for someone more muscular and more handsome, why?
Original post by McHumpy92
Looks obviously. As long as her personality isn't dreadful, just choose on basically looks.

:facepalm: Nice one on digging up a dead thread. Next time make a new one rather than doing a Jesus with another.

Original post by Rascacielos
Beauty isn't particularly important, but attraction is. You can be attracted to someone who wouldn't normally be considered "beautiful," for a variety or reasons, including appearance and personality.

Personally, I've never met someone who I'd say was physically "ugly" because a fantastic personality, for me at least, also sheds a new light on someone's appearance.

Surely you need both though? You could have a guy who had a great personality, but if he looks awful you can't find him physically attractive, thus there would be no sexual attraction.
I just say you need a balance of both rather than extremes of one or the other.

Original post by SuperSmarrt
No point of good looks when the person's personality is crap. so Personality :biggrin:

But no point in personality if they look crap.......:rolleyes:

Also from experience, bad looks normally means a bad personality.

no-one decides their looks

it's unfair. completely unfair

so i refuse to take part in this system. i've been single always and will remain so.

:facepalm2:
Or that is nature for you. No matter how hard you refuse, you are an animal at the end of the day.
Also, in this country many people don't try with what they have which never helps. Even if you are butt ugly, if you are jacked and confident then you can go far...but most people just give up (which is why I think their looks reflect their personality so well).

Original post by Devil's Advocate
a lot of girls say that they want a guy who can tend to their emotional needs and has a nice personality but when they find that guy (who may not be the most beautiful flower in the garden) they overlook him for someone more muscular and more handsome, why?

Why can't the sensitive guy be in shape? Oh, because he is lazy and/or lacks ambition. Personality is shown by how someone looks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nick1sHere
I can't have sex with your personality and I can't put my penis in your college degree :rofl:

I got one of these earlier :facepalm2: Theyve got nothing better to do

Haha. I've had surprisingly few lately. The two points I have now came with a request not to insult forum members.

... I was taking the piss outa Jesus, who I'm pretty sure doesn't frequent TSR.

Latest

Trending

Trending