The Student Room Group

Staying over at someone's house... Arkward in morning?!

Now, I'm not talking about that sort of 'staying over', just incase that may need to be clarified.... I mean this is TSR here.

I'm referring to a spot of babysitting I shall be doing tonight, in which it has been agreed I shall stay over in there spare room. This makes sense as they didn't return until gone 2 am last time.... However this will literally be the second time I have met them all, and I have to admit... I'm a little nervous :s-smilie:

I know, I know, it sounds stupid! But I just keep thinking... What time will they wake up? Should I try and be up before them? I mean, I can't just strut around in my bright pink, spotty pyjamas, like I would at home (or round a friends, say)....

I'll want to have a shower too... Shall I ask if it is ok to have one before I go to bed, when they are out... I just don't want to get in the way in the morning, and I would just be worrying I was taking too long or something.... Or should I have one when I get home?

I just don't really like sleeping at other people's houses, particularly! :s-smilie:

And I can't change my mind now....

Any advice would be great! Has anyone else babysat like this? I know it will probably be fine. There a nice family and everything.... I just have never stayed over at someone elses house in this instance before :colondollar:

Silly really.... Thanks x
Just ask! Before they go out, ask what time they usually get up on Saturdays, ask if it would be okay to shower in the morning, if you'd be able to help yourself to a cup of tea, etc.

They've invited you for the night because it's easier for you and they won't have to worry about you getting home - they sound nice, so I'm sure it won't be as awkward as you think. :smile:
Reply 2
I think the happy couple is expecting a threesome with the cute babysitter in the morning.

The only question is, are you game?
why don't you just get a shower before you go, and then one when you get back home in the morning? you could leave very early or something? are you going straight to somewhere else after?
If they get back at 2 it's still time for you to hit the town, so put your gladrags on for the night and sneak a bottle of voddy in :wink:
You're making such a big deal about something small. I doubt they would mind you walking around in your pjs or having a shower in the evening/morning. Just follow common sense here...
Lol, thanks guys :smile: I know I was making a mountain out of a molehill! :tongue:

It all turned out fine.. I snuck a shower in before I hedded to bed, and just got dressed and washed my face in the morning. Then the mum took me home... I didn't even have a cuppa.

Although, they did have to put up with my morning spotty face, because I forgot my makeup bag... :facepalm: But other than that... :smile:
Original post by Zamolxes
I think the happy couple is expecting a threesome with the cute babysitter in the morning.

The only question is, are you game?

I could be Susan Boil, for all you know....
I'm a bit funny about sleeping at other people's houses, especially if I've not slept there before. I think I'd be thinking exactly the same as you! As others have said, I would just ask. To be fair if they've got children of babysitting age, I imagine they get up fairly early- and you'll probably hear the children first so they can be your alarm. If you haven't got plans for the day, I would shower at home but I'm sure they wouldn't mind when you shower- just ask them. I think these things are always going to be more awkward if you let them, try and be casual about it!
Reply 9
Original post by katypurples1012
I could be Susan Boil, for all you know....

Not sure if hilarious pun or spelling mistake...
Original post by Mm_Minty
Not sure if hilarious pun or spelling mistake...

Where's the pun? :L

It was just the first name I could think of who is nationally known for her misfortune with looks.....

*Boyle....
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Where's the pun? :L

It was just the first name I could think of who is nationally known for her misfortune with looks.....

*Boyle....

Yeah.... I wasn't sure if you'd spelt it "boil" to further insult her looks or not :tongue:
:tongue:
Original post by Mm_Minty
Yeah.... I wasn't sure if you'd spelt it "boil" to further insult her looks or not :tongue:

Well I have never thought her last name helps matters..... Bless her :tongue:
Reply 13
:tongue:

Well I have never thought her last name helps matters..... Bless her :tongue:

It is quite an unfortunate one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending