The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tateco
UCL for me, with Warwick following very closely! How about you?

Agreed with this; Warwick is just a glorified car park. :teehee:

I joke, but in terms of where UCL is located and the course content it comes out on top.
Original post by Tateco
UCL for me, with Warwick following very closely! How about you?

Warwick just shades it in my opinion, I like the look of their course more.
Original post by alex_hk90
Thanks. :smile: It's with J.P. Morgan. I came all the way back from Beijing to attend it and as such I'm still quite jet-lagged but so be it.

Come on Alex, you gotta do this! You can get us all hooked up in the future! :tongue:
Reply 5983
UCL > Warwick for me.
Original post by jamiepango
Warwick just shades it in my opinion, I like the look of their course more.

only dude on the thread that talks sense.
Original post by -Illmatic-
only dude on the thread that talks sense.

Warwick is the furthest one away from where I am, not that that influences me in anyway :K:
Warwick is the furthest one away from where I am, not that that influences me in anyway :K:

lol!
Bath >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And not just because it is my only offer.
Original post by WalkerPrince
Bath >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And not just because it is my only offer.

Out of all the universities I visited (which admittedly was only 4 :colondollar:), Bath was my favourite :biggrin:
Out of all the universities I visited (which admittedly was only 4 :colondollar:), Bath was my favourite :biggrin:

Really? Which unis did you go to see?
I started really late, I only went to LSE and Cambridge. Dumb really.
See, a lot of people love Bath, I can't remember why I applied there...

I have never been, and only went on their site once before I sent off my app. Very random. I have heard good things though.

Where does it rank with in all the 'crude' indexes, like graduate prospects in IB (not that I am considering that) average salary, etc.? Anyone know?
(edited 12 years ago)

I have never been, and only went on their site once before I sent off my app. Very random. I have heard good things though.

Where does it rank with in all the 'crude' indexes, like graduate prospects in IB (not that I am considering that) average salary, etc.? Anyone know?

I visited LSE, UCL, Bath and Southampton. I can't really explain why I liked Bath, it's just the general feel you get when you visit :biggrin:

The student satisfaction at Bath in general is fairly high. I think it won "University of the Year" last year? I'm not sure about graduate prospects in IB... I would place Bath just above Bristol if that helps :redface:
Reply 5991
Original post by alex_hk90
Thanks. :smile: It's with J.P. Morgan. I came all the way back from Beijing to attend it and as such I'm still quite jet-lagged but so be it.

Wow nice! What division?

Bath is very respected by employers particularly because of the year in industry they offer which has very good connections, some banks even have places set aside just for people going through the Bath economics sandwich course!
Original post by Yangydoodles
To people who have York offers - would you mind letting me know when you sent your UCAS off?

Thaaaaanks!

26th September-how keen is that :biggrin:
BUTTT think there's been a mistake/typo with my offer hahaa.
Reply 5993
My York Econ offer came through yesterday, I sent my application off on the 9th of October.
Reply 5994
Original post by Kachun
Congrats, same as me. Now I'm struggling to choose York or Exeter!

Original post by buttercup94
From York, i got an AAB or BBB offer- this makes no sense whatsoever, but because of pre-u they wanted to offer me AB (A in pre-u) or AA (B in pre-u) but i reckon they put BB instead of AA hahahaaa gonna call up this weekend BBB would be AMAZING!!

Would they ever offer AAB or BBB!??

Original post by FDR
York offer!

Original post by w_l_wazza
York offer today :smile:

Original post by 94george94
York offer - AAB

This week has been good for UCAS! :u:

Congratulations to all of you on your offers from york!!! however, i still haven't recieved my offer and i am starting to get very nervous...btw what were all of your grades like? if i may ask?...thanks :smile:
Original post by Tateco
Wow nice! What division?

Bath is very respected by employers particularly because of the year in industry they offer which has very good connections, some banks even have places set aside just for people going through the Bath economics sandwich course!

Would you say it had better grad prospects than Nottingham? Or are they equal, or is Nottingham better?
Original post by KIT94
C what were all of your grades like? if i may ask?...thanks :smile:

Erm
GCSE's: 4A*s, 5A's
AS levels: AAAA
Predictions: A*A*A

I'm sure your offer will come soon, i sent my UCAS off pretty early!! :smile:
Reply 5997
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Would you say it had better grad prospects than Nottingham? Or are they equal, or is Nottingham better?

I don't think they will have much difference in prospects, what makes all the difference is the year in industry, that would give you a real edge over everyone else I assume.
Reply 5998
Just out of curiosity.. Has anyone ever thought of doing TSR revision sessions over skype? :tongue:
Reply 5999
Original post by Hemzo
Just out of curiosity.. Has anyone ever thought of doing TSR revision sessions over skype? :tongue:

idk. I revise better alone.

Latest

Trending

Trending