Original post by Tomatochuckers
Its better than messing up the other way round :frown:

Very true :frown:

Original post by kst
Offer for LSE Mathematics and Econ yesterday. :smile:

Well Done! May I ask what your grades are? :colondollar:
Original post by Danf159
Rejected for L101 Econs at LSE :frown:

Sorry to hear that :frown: When did you receive the rejection?
Original post by 94george94
I haven't started revising, there is just such a large amount I can't even bare to start.

Tell me about it. Story of my life. I hope the case study is on Cinemas or something fun like poverty or the NMW :heart:
Reply 7623
Original post by kst
Thank you
Yes I think so. However haven't heard from UCL yet so not sure who to choose IF I got an offer from them. Any suggestion?

Hard decision if UCL is pure economics, I'd look at the courses and see which one you would rather be doing.
Original post by kst
Thank you
Yes I think so. However haven't heard from UCL yet so not sure who to choose IF I got an offer from them. Any suggestion?

mm difficult one, but I would be more inclined to go for LSE Maths + Econ, even if UCL is pure ECON, but I am biased because I was unimpressed with their open day :frown: (mainly with the quality of econ students I met during the open day)
Original post by lordvulture
mm difficult one, but I would be more inclined to go for LSE Maths + Econ, even if UCL is pure ECON, but I am biased because I was unimpressed with their open day :frown: (mainly with the quality of econ students I met during the open day)

Oh what do you mean by that?
Original post by Brand New Eyes
something fun like poverty

:hmmm: You're evil...

:wink:
Original post by DylanLJG
:hmmm: You're evil...

:wink:

:angel: I may be bad but I'm perfectly good at it :h:

No, I mean it's more fun to write about than how contestability leads to efficiency :zzz:

Is this the UCL Economics pre-offer open day? A few years ago I was very unimpressed as well, but I would've thought that they might have improved it since then.
No, I mean it's more fun to write about than how contestability leads to efficiency

So true :colone:
Original post by alex_hk90
Is this the UCL Economics pre-offer open day? A few years ago I was very unimpressed as well, but I would've thought that they might have improved it since then.

yes haha! I read your account before attending the open day, so I was completely mentally prepared for what's coming, even then I couldn't help to be disappointed :frown: But obviously I wasn't judging the department by how well they can organise the open day, but by the average impression of econ students I spoke to ( only around 15-20 though, so not a very representative sample)
Tell me about it. Story of my life. I hope the case study is on Cinemas or something fun like poverty or the NMW :heart:

LOL I want exactly the same things!
Original post by nightmare91
Oh what do you mean by that?

well they had a group of econ students to talk to us in the reception, as well as showing us around, I just felt that they do not strike me to be intelligent and confident students on the whole just by talking to them. I'm sure they're all getting good grades and coping well with a challenging course though.
Reply 7633
well they had a group of econ students to talk to us in the reception, as well as showing us around, I just felt that they do not strike me to be intelligent and confident students on the whole just by talking to them. I'm sure they're all getting good grades and coping well with a challenging course though.

I don't see how you can possibly gauge that from a 2 minute discussion? It's not as if you were having a conversation about economic policy was it?

Oh wow. Well I didn't apply there :biggrin: Did you also visit LSE? If yes, how did you perseive the atmosphere at LSE?
Reply 7635
Original post by nightmare91
Oh wow. Well I didn't apply there :biggrin: Did you also visit LSE? If yes, how did you perseive the atmosphere at LSE?

I really wouldn't think too much of what he thinks about the students, economists aren't naturally interesting people :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tateco
I don't see how you can possibly gauge that from a 2 minute discussion? It's not as if you were having a conversation about economic policy was it?

Well no, but you can get a general impression, with indicators such as enthusiasm and 精神 (jīngshēn = energy/spirit). I similarly did not get a good impression from the UCL open day - it was almost like they were trying to convince us not to come, and so screen for only those who really want to go there.
Reply 7637
Original post by alex_hk90
Well no, but you can get a general impression, with indicators such as enthusiasm and 精神 (jīngshēn = energy/spirit). I similarly did not get a good impression from the UCL open day - it was almost like they were trying to convince us not to come, and so screen for only those who really want to go there.

I understand that but classifying the students unintelligent from such a short conversation is ridiculous.
Original post by Tateco
I understand that but classifying the students unintelligent from such a short conversation is ridiculous.

Well of course, but it is possible that they came across unintelligent, or to be kinder: didn't come across intelligent.
Have there been any Nottingham PURE economics offers yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending