The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7700
Original post by lrowles93
Definitely? Warwick is generally considered to be on par with UCL so why is LSE any better?

I can't tell you why it is the case but purely in terms of reputation and prestige LSE is generally seen to be closer to Oxbridge for their Econ course than to Warwick/UCL.
Original post by lrowles93
Definitely? Warwick is generally considered to be on par with UCL so why is LSE any better?

Purely in terms of reputation, I'd say LSE is considered to be above UCL and Warwick.
Original post by zxh800
I can't tell you why it is the case but purely in terms of reputation and prestige LSE is generally seen to be closer to Oxbridge for their Econ course than to Warwick/UCL.

Hm that's pretty much what I thought, but I've just seen people saying negative stuff about LSE lately on here - low contact time etc. I loved Warwick on the open day too so this isn't that easy a decision for me...
Original post by zxh800

LSE's econ course is considered the best in Europe actually.
Reply 7704
Original post by member910132
Do you mean if your post A level ?
IF you have done year 13 then I think they will look at your UMS in all exams, but if you aren't post A level then you obviously wouldn't have done any Jan year 13 exams when you applied to LSE.

No I mean if you applied whilst you were in year 13. My head of careers seems to think that lse will look at our module marks this January and that's why they leave giving some offers till late march.
Original post by Az_016
No I mean if you applied whilst you were in year 13. My head of careers seems to think that lse will look at our module marks this January and that's why they leave giving some offers till late march.

How will they get the marks?
Reply 7706
Original post by Az_016

I don't think they can even look at your Jan 12 module marks unless you tell them, but your head of careers might have read some books on psychological motivation, and now is making stuff up :smile:
Reply 7707
Original post by WalkerPrince
How will they get the marks?

I have no idea. That's why I was asking you guys and hoping any of you knew anything about this coz I don't think it's true. Apparently there's a way for unis too find out your module marks if they want, but they have to pay a fee. But tbh I can't see lse paying that fee due to the large number of applicants they have.
Reply 7708
Original post by nightmare91
LSE's econ course is considered the best in Europe actually.

Probably true, certainly one of the best in the world.
Reply 7709
Original post by Dat Guy
I don't think they can even look at your Jan 12 module marks unless you tell them, but your head of careers might have read some books on psychological motivation, and now is making stuff up :smile:

They look at your jan marks. I got a form which I had to fill in with details about my ums scores and so did some people last year

Lol soz misread your post as jan 2011. Ignore what I just said
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7710
Original post by Az_016
They look at your jan marks. I got a form which I had to fill in with details about my ums scores and so did some people last year

Right... so, if they can, why you're asking?
Reply 7711
Original post by Dat Guy
Right... so, if they can, why you're asking?

Was just asking if anyone knew if they looked at your module marks from year 13.
Hang on- do UCL and LSE only want to see your June marks, or do they want to see your Jan marks as well?
I would just like to vent my frustration at STILL not having any offers, i think im beginning to get a dint in my thumb from repetitively checking my phone every 10 minutes (which has now been on going for over 4 months).

I have also started to have nightmares about my application forever sitting in a 'maybe' pile...bleughhhh.

Hmm anyway on a more useful note some of my friends got Durham econ rejections on friday and also some Nottingham (econ with something else) rejections have been given out at my school :smile:
Original post by Az_016
Was just asking if anyone knew if they looked at your module marks from year 13.

I applied to LSE last year and can confirm that they don't ask for your year 13 module UMS (jan 2012 in this case). However, if haven't been made an offer by the time you get them, and they are strong (90%+) then I don't see the harm in emailing them to them.
Reply 7715
Original post by member910132
I applied to LSE last year and can confirm that they don't ask for your year 13 module UMS (jan 2012 in this case). However, if haven't been made an offer by the time you get them, and they are strong (90%+) then I don't see the harm in emailing them to them.

Thanks. Thought it seemed strange when my head of careers said that.
Original post by emily_becca
I would just like to vent my frustration at STILL not having any offers, i think im beginning to get a dint in my thumb from repetitively checking my phone every 10 minutes (which has now been on going for over 4 months).

I have also started to have nightmares about my application forever sitting in a 'maybe' pile...bleughhhh.

Hmm anyway on a more useful note some of my friends got Durham econ rejections on friday and also some Nottingham (econ with something else) rejections have been given out at my school :smile:

For Nottingham, could you find out what course it was? Econ with a language? Or joint honours i.e Econ/Philosophy?

Also, keep strong you'll get your offers soon :biggrin:
Reply 7717
Original post by funkydee
What were your gcses, as and a2 predictions if you don't mind me asking? Do you do FM?

8A*3A at gcse equivalent, 5A's at AS and predicted 4A*s at A2 :frown: I don't do FM, although I'm starting to think I should have :s-smilie:

Original post by nightmare91
Sorry to hear that :frown: When did you receive the rejection?

Got it on the 20th. Hopefully you get your offer :redface:
Just a heads up that Nottingham applicants can probably expect to find out over the next week or so. I was emailed with either an offer for econ and philsophy or econ with Chinese Studies if I wanted (I applied for L100) and the admissions tutor said decisions had been made and people would be finding out soon.
Reply 7719
Original post by internetstephen
Just a heads up that Nottingham applicants can probably expect to find out over the next week or so. I was emailed with either an offer for econ and philsophy or econ with Chinese Studies if I wanted (I applied for L100) and the admissions tutor said decisions had been made and people would be finding out soon.

What did you do? Did you choose any of those or stick with L100?

Latest

Trending

Trending