The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WalkerPrince
GUYSSSSSSSSSS!!! (and girls)

My UCAS torment is over, I have heard from ALL my universities.

UCL have given me an L101 offer!!!!! I AM IN TATTERS, my dream course!

Congratulations! Year abroad FTW! :biggrin:
Good luck and all the best to all those still waiting! As if I'm going to stop lurking this forum....

Now for the decision between LSE and UCL......

congratulations :biggrin:, do you know which of the american universities you want to send a year at?
Reply 8303

SAME!

So amazing, isn't it? :biggrin: Hopefully see you next Wednesday!
Reply 8304

:eek: Well done! So pleased for you. 100% UCL with the year abroad for sure! There will be 200 LSE economics grads and much less UCL economics grads with a year in America too!

Congratulations :biggrin:

It'll be interesting to see which university you will choose :tongue:
Good luck and all the best to all those still waiting! As if I'm going to stop lurking this forum....

Don't kid it's gotta be UCL

Congratulations! :biggrin: You definitely deserve it. :yep:

As it's your dream course I would go for L101 at UCL. :smile:
Original post by thegenius31416
Congratulations! Year abroad FTW! :biggrin:

Thank You

:biggrin: You think so?

Original post by tooambitious
congratulations :biggrin:, do you know which of the american universities you want to send a year at?

Thanks!

It has got to be Chicago! Or Columbia University, I'd be happy anywhere that's not Canada. (is that bad to say?:colondollar:) :colone:

Original post by Trizzle
SAME!

So amazing, isn't it? :biggrin: Hopefully see you next Wednesday!

Congratulations! Finally they end their silence, not been this happy for an offer yet! Yes, see you next Wednesday!

Original post by Tateco
:eek: Well done! So pleased for you. 100% UCL with the year abroad for sure! There will be 200 LSE economics grads and much less UCL economics grads with a year in America too!

Thanks! I really hope you hear good news soon :smile: I'll be checking in here...
That's a great way to look at it, a far more special degree! On the other hand, it's LSE for Economics. I think I will pick UCL after all these comments....:redface:

Original post by jamiepango

It'll be interesting to see which university you will choose :tongue:

Thanks Jamie! Chicago/Columbia/UC Berkeley would be the three I gun for.

Original post by Acerbic
Don't kid it's gotta be UCL

I'm beginning to think I'm foolish for even considering LSE :colondollar:
Reply 8309
Original post by bhogs001
Thanks for your help guys!!!

You could also add that supply side policies could be used reduce inflationary pressure and draw this on the diagram. However, they have very significant time lag in comparison with the policy implied.

You could also talk about other methods of reducing inflation such as contractionary monetary policy.

Also, what Tateco said is a good point to use but does depend on the marginal propensity to consume, thus leakages must be low. It will have a mutiplied impact on all the different variables of aggregate demand. In this case it could have negative mutiplier effect, which means deflationary pressure is greater than desired at the expense of economic growth.

If in the short run governemnt spending leads to the economy working at excess capacity large amounts of unemployment will lead to greater governtment spending in the long run through automatic stabiliser.
Original post by alex_hk90
Congratulations! :biggrin: You definitely deserve it. :yep:

As it's your dream course I would go for L101 at UCL. :smile:

Thank you very much!

I need to decide if it's my dream course for the right reasons...:colone:

I wish I could combine the two, so 3 years at LSE and 1 in America. :cool:

LSE or UCL+ year abroad, that's a pretty sweet choice to make!
Thank You

Thanks!

It has got to be Chicago! Or Columbia University, I'd be happy anywhere that's not Canada. (is that bad to say?:colondollar:) :colone:

Congratulations! Finally they end their silence, not been this happy for an offer yet! Yes, see you next Wednesday!

Thanks! I really hope you hear good news soon :smile: I'll be checking in here...
That's a great way to look at it, a far more special degree! On the other hand, it's LSE for Economics. I think I will pick UCL after all these comments....:redface:

Hey congrats!

I ll see you in the first 2 years in UCL haha. on the other hand, UC Berkeley doesn't seem to be on the list of universities available for exchange?

Btw guys, assuming I do relatively well (2:1) in the first 2 years in L100, do you think there's even a slight possibility of getting transferred in to L101? I am hoping UCL is able to link up with more partner universities and hence being able to provide >20 exchange places a year?

yeah, its so renowed for econ, thats what id go for i think, how do you choose, is it by ballot or something?, :lol: were all thinking it :wink:
Reply 8314
Thank You

Thanks!

Chicago :coma:
Original post by Tomatochuckers

LSE or UCL+ year abroad, that's a pretty sweet choice to make!

I think it will be a fun decision to make, it will give me an excuse to visit London again and again and again. :biggrin:
Original post by pandapower
Hey congrats!

I ll see you in the first 2 years in UCL haha. on the other hand, UC Berkeley doesn't seem to be on the list of universities available for exchange?

Btw guys, assuming I do relatively well (2:1) in the first 2 years in L100, do you think there's even a slight possibility of getting transferred in to L101? I am hoping UCL is able to link up with more partner universities and hence being able to provide >20 exchange places a year?

I got it wrong. I was thinking of UCLA. I think there may be a slight possibility, seeing as they don't let ALL L101 applicants go to America, they have to do well in their first and second year exams. I think that could happen in the next few years, where l100 can apply to go to America while they are there. (Like other universities do)

Original post by tooambitious
yeah, its so renowed for econ, thats what id go for i think, how do you choose, is it by ballot or something?, :lol: were all thinking it :wink:

'Agreements with additional universities in North America are currently in process. Spaces at each host institution are limited but all attempts will be made to satisfy students’ preferences, where possible'

From their site. So hopefully, it works out. I can imagine a system where you'd have to write an essay or something explaining why a particular instituition is more suited to you, and why you should study there.
L101 UCL offer!!!!! Im so happy I'm going to withdraw my application from LSE
I am still waiting for Warwick, applied in October so feels like I have been waiting for agess! Has almost everyone heard from Warwick now? Or are people waiting too?
Reply 8318
who applied to the new college of humanities in london?
Reply 8319
Original post by Purehakkai
L101 UCL offer!!!!! Im so happy I'm going to withdraw my application from LSE

Well done! Why would you do that though? You must be curious...

Original post by Studentt30
I am still waiting for Warwick, applied in October so feels like I have been waiting for agess! Has almost everyone heard from Warwick now? Or are people waiting too?

Me too, not sure yet, they don't seem to have given out a big batch of offers yet.

Latest

Trending

Trending