UCL rejection :colondollar:
Reply 8461
Original post by Dat Guy

Sorry to hear that
Was ucl your 1st option?
Original post by JuKaMy
Yes, Warwick who seem to be taking their time
You can't just assume you will get an offer because your grades were 'alright' - though your grades are better than 'alright'
If your PS didn't impress them then that may be the reason, most people applying have grades around that level so something else needs to stand out
Good luck with the LSE and Warwick

Absolutely true! I can't judge my personal statement, simply because I haven't read that many others (and I'm basically the only Econ applicant in my school year)....however I have had some good work experience and I've a lot talk about from Summer courses to extrac. things....
But I think we'd all be guessing anyways as to whether they will or won't make me an offer, so we best all just hang on in there!
Good luck!! :biggrin:
Reply 8463
Original post by pkhelfried
Absolutely true! I can't judge my personal statement, simply because I haven't read that many others (and I'm basically the only Econ applicant in my school year)....however I have had some good work experience and I've a lot talk about from Summer courses to extrac. things....
But I think we'd all be guessing anyways as to whether they will or won't make me an offer, so we best all just hang on in there!
Good luck!! :biggrin:

Yes it's true - nobody really knows except the admissions tutor.
thanks
Original post by jamiepango
What course did you apply for? IIRC is If I remember correctly, which I probably don't :s-smilie:

Econ + Pol :wink: ah well. I'm not sure how I feel about still paying £1000+ for your placement year when you're not even going to be at uni! I wonder what the pay is like on the placements hmm

Original post by JuKaMy
2&12 :biggrin:

Haha so funny, the first one is the best :biggrin:

ALL of them! :love: First time I've heard of pigou though:beard: interesting

Determined to create more during my degree :teehee:

Original post by Dat Guy

Did you go to the open day? Aww now you can firm Cam (if you haven't already)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by wit-tank
Nah not yet.

As in they're still going over ALevel standard Econ

Stop lying to people , who told you that UCL is doing stan econ ?? I and many other students did A level econ and had A*s but finding the economics pretty much new stuff and very hard as well , so where did you get that bull ?? Dont speak when you know nothing ...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8466
Offer from Bath! A*AA. Can't believe it.
Reply 8467
Offer from UCL provided I go to an open day :biggrin:
Reply 8468
Offer from Bath: A in Economics
:smile:
Original post by -Illmatic-
Not far off in terms of quality (or lackthereof rather)

wait...i've just compared Manchester United to Cardiff City...is that an insult or a compliment?

A compliment.
Original post by Purehakkai
I'm sure they realised that, and probably might try and offer more places at Chicago?

i think you go to my school, does your surname begin with N? if not, sorry :P
Original post by Taurus
Offer from UCL provided I go to an open day :biggrin:

Did you get it today ? Has your UCAS track updated ? What was the offer ?

I got an email saying that I was made an offer on the 15th of Feb and that my attendance to the open day is completely optional and in no way affects my offer, so does that mean that UCL sees you as a stronger applicant because they want to "persuade" you on the open day ?
Original post by member910132

I got an email saying that I was made an offer on the 15th of Feb and that my attendance to the open day is completely optional and in no way affects my offer, so does that mean that UCL sees you as a stronger applicant because they want to "persuade" you on the open day ?

Yup that is precisely the reason. Why would you read into something as trivial as that... Is it even for the same course?
Original post by JuKaMy
Offer from Bath: A in Economics
:smile:

Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 8474

I have no idea haha, but it could mean I'm weaker as if i was such a strong candidate and I didnt attend then they would lose me. Are you going to the open day?
Reply 8475
Congrats! :biggrin:

Wow, our offer situation gets more similar by the week. No wonder Tateco thinks we are twins haha
Original post by Taurus
I have no idea haha, but it could mean I'm weaker as if i was such a strong candidate and I didnt attend then they would lose me. Are you going to the open day?

tbh I don't think anyone has been given that condition except that they have attended the open day to get the offer, so I think it means you are a stronger applicant.
And no, I am not going.
Reply 8477
tbh I don't think anyone has been given that condition except that they have attended the open day to get the offer, so I think it means you are a stronger applicant.
And no, I am not going.

Every other person who has an offer from UCL that i know has had to go to there open day, you may be the exception and therefore the stronger candidate?
Btw what subjects are you taking + AS grades?
Original post by Taurus
Every other person who has an offer from UCL that i know has had to go to there open day, you may be the exception and therefore the stronger candidate?
Btw what subjects are you taking + AS grades?

Can anyone who has been made an offer from UCL regardless of attending the open day post below please, I doubt I am the only one.
I am post A2 with lots of A*'s in M FM ECON PHY CHEM
Reply 8479
Can anyone who has been made an offer from UCL regardless of attending the open day post below please, I doubt I am the only one.
I am post A2 with lots of A*'s in M FM ECON PHY CHEM

wowza, did you go without sunlight during A levels? :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending