The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's all gone horribly wrong, and I made a huge mistake...

...I bought nutella.

Nice knowing you, weight loss! :rolleyes:
I haven't been on in ages, and that's not good.
But... DISSERTATION IS OVER!!!! The relief is immense.

I still have 3 modules to finish, but now is the time to get back on the wagon with this. I havne't gained, but I haven't lost anything for weeks now because of diss stuff. Onwards and upwards.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Yessss a bit of the water weight has gone so.. 1lb down, 16 to go.

Current weight: 11st 12lbs.

Well done the end is getting closer and closer

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv]
Went for my run this morning - managed the longest run since I hurt my knee back in January (only by an extra 0.1 of a mile, but still :tongue:). The only thing is, I just don't seem to be able to get under a 12 minute mile :s-smilie: I'm going out again tomorrow morning, so I think I'll try a shorter run, but really try and push my speed.

Key is not to rush it and force yourself to run under the 12 min mile. Also if you are planning on getting under 12 minutes I would stop increasing the duration of my run and focus on the speed.
Reply 1823
I have been watching this thread for weeks now, finally got the courage to post ( I know it's stupid just nervous about putting myself 'out there' . Anyway I am drastically over weight, it's disgusting but I have had enough and want to loose 4 stone by October. I have lost 17 pounds since start of march. I've wanted to do this for a while now but when I got an offer to go to uni this October I knew I did not want to start another part of my life looking like this, felling like this so I am determined . I have been eating healthily, gwalking to and back from six form every day 35 minutes each way. Last Thursday I started 30DS (4 times so far) and I am walkin/ jogging with a friend and skipping every day. I think if I post on this it will help me stick with it.
Original post by rsp
I have been watching this thread for weeks now, finally got the courage to post ( I know it's stupid just nervous about putting myself 'out there' . Anyway I am drastically over weight, it's disgusting but I have had enough and want to loose 4 stone by October. I have lost 17 pounds since start of march. I've wanted to do this for a while now but when I got an offer to go to uni this October I knew I did not want to start another part of my life looking like this, felling like this so I am determined . I have been eating healthily, gwalking to and back from six form every day 35 minutes each way. Last Thursday I started 30DS (4 times so far) and I am walkin/ jogging with a friend and skipping every day. I think if I post on this it will help me stick with it.

All I can say is to keep going. I'm sure if you stick to it you will look great when you start uni
Original post by rsp

Well done on losing 17lbs already! And also for braving posting in here. I've only been posting a few weeks myself but have found everyone is really supportive and helpful if you need advice or anything like that :smile: also reading how good everyone else has been makes me feel a bit more motivated!

-

Just been on an hour long walk again on top of my 40mins to and from work. Really tired but hopefully I will sleep properly tonight.
I swear all I've done this week is eat my entire bodyweight - only good thing is that it's been in vegetables!! Considering up to a couple of weeks back, my vegetable intake was more of a 5-a-year than a 5-a-day, I'm pretty chuffed.

Also, checked my bodyweight six months or so back, and it was 39% (OUCH) but checked again this morning and its down to 26.1. Result :biggrin:
Been for a lovely night at the Trafford Centre and been to Pizza Express for tea. Went there because I knew they had a range of 500 cal pizzas. Did I get one? Nope. But the one I had turns out to only have 670 cals, so win anyway.

Didn't get any clothes, for some reason couldn't find anything I really liked, but did buy an iPad 3. Can't exactly wear it, but never mind..!
Good day food and exercise wise today :smile:
I always feel better when Monday is good. It sets the tone for the whole week somehow.

Going to go for a run tomorrow morning, then I need to leave for work at 11.30, so I'm planning on having a large-ish brunch, and taking a few healthy snacks with me (I'm a volunteer at a musem, and you can have a cake and a drink from the cafe every shift, but I'm going to try and avoid that).
On such a downer about myself today :frown:
Reply 1830
Ache so much today! Haven't done any proper exercise as a result, but I have been out and walking about all day which helps I guess:smile: Ate lunch and dinner out though which is not so good..

Breakfast: porridge with raspberries
Lunch: lemon chicken and vegetables, with goats cheese and tomato salad. Lemon tart
Afternoon: 2 biscuits
Dinner: chips (oops)
Later: Greek yoghurt with fruit
Original post by Stir fried Giblets
On such a downer about myself today :frown:

What's up? *hugs*
What's up? *hugs*

I am pretty much on the verge of eating a full pack of hazelnut wafers :frown: this was caused by my increasing hate for the fact that I have worked hard but the only thing that's shrinking is my arm size and boob size, my belly (the problem area) has not shifted.

I know it's so stupid for me to do this but I am fed up of holding back on the foods I really do want but don't eat because I know it's bad for me to

Oh and it's TTOTM

Edit: Thought the packet of wafers was 1000+ calories due to the 65g x 3 thing on the back turns out it was part of a multipack MWAHAHAHAHAAA wafers are eaten and I'm still 458 calories under my goal! >D

Spoiler

Edit edit: Coming down from the euphoria of having scoffed the closest thing to chocolate I could get, now feeling slightly guilty buutt I haven't exceeded any nutrition goals on MFP.. :colone:

PS. I think the sugar has went to my brain and now I'm rather hyper *twitch*
(edited 12 years ago)
Summer is SO soon... I hope we all get bikini bodies by then :smile:
Original post by Stir fried Giblets
I am pretty much on the verge of eating a full pack of hazelnut wafers :frown: this was caused by my increasing hate for the fact that I have worked hard but the only thing that's shrinking is my arm size and boob size, my belly (the problem area) has not shifted.

I know it's so stupid for me to do this but I am fed up of holding back on the foods I really do want but don't eat because I know it's bad for me to

Oh and it's TTOTM

Edit: Thought the packet of wafers was 1000+ calories due to the 65g x 3 thing on the back turns out it was part of a multipack MWAHAHAHAHAAA wafers are eaten and I'm still 458 calories under my goal! >D

Spoiler

Edit edit: Coming down from the euphoria of having scoffed the closest thing to chocolate I could get, now feeling slightly guilty buutt I haven't exceeded any nutrition goals on MFP.. :colone:

PS. I think the sugar has went to my brain and now I'm rather hyper *twitch*

This is potentially concerning... what's your goal? I take it you use MFP - which is designed for you to MEET the goal it gives you, otherwise you're creating too large of a deficit to have efficient weight loss.

Don't feel bad for giving into temptations once in a while - it's natural and there's no point in depriving yourself of the things you like as that won't be sustainable for life :smile: Plus hazelnut wafers sound omnomnomnomm....

Also don't worry about the belly fat - it WILL fall off as long as you stick with it and keep exercising and eating healthily. It can be disconcerting but they say the place you put on fat first is the last place the fat goes from. Patience is key! :biggrin:
Whoop :biggrin:

Managed a 10 minute mile this morning (well, sort of - 0.94 miles in 9m30s :tongue:), followed by alternating sprints and walking :smile:
The one thing I hate more than anything (well, other than third world hunger and terrorists I suppose) is when you get on the scales the day after weigh in and it says you've lost another pound. WHY couldn't it have told me that YESTERDAY!?
The one thing I hate more than anything (well, other than third world hunger and terrorists I suppose) is when you get on the scales the day after weigh in and it says you've lost another pound. WHY couldn't it have told me that YESTERDAY!?

Why do you weigh yourself so often? I guess I'm looking at it from a different perspective cos I don't own a set of scales, so I can't weigh myself and have to judge progress by how my clothes feel, how I look etc, but would it not be more satisfying to weigh yourself every fortnight or every month, and see a bigger drop, than fretting over ounces? You know that your combination of diet and exercise works, so why not just keep going with it knowing that you are losing weight, instead of getting miffed when you don't lose any despite knowing that it's just due to weighing on the wrong day/salt/TOTM, etc? Don't take that the wrong way, please, I'm just curious.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Why do you weigh yourself so often? I guess I'm looking at it from a different perspective cos I don't own a set of scales, so I can't weigh myself and have to judge progress by how my clothes feel, how I look etc, but would it not be more satisfying to weigh yourself every fortnight or every month, and see a bigger drop, than fretting over ounces? You know that your combination of diet and exercise works, so why not just keep going with it knowing that you are losing weight, instead of getting miffed when you don't lose any despite knowing that it's just due to weighing on the wrong day/salt/TOTM, etc? Don't take that the wrong way, please, I'm just curious.

Because personally, if I know I'm not weighing myself for a week, I'll eat junk/extra snacks with the thought that I have 6 days to burn them off. I've tried it before, and the best way for me personally to lose the weight is to weigh myself every day. I know not many recommend it, but like you said, I've found a way that works for me, and that includes weighing every day.
I've had the worst 3 days eating-wise ever. 2 days of being over target with no exercise, and one day of being under and just eating rubbish!

Back on the bandwagon! Seriously, finding it so hard to be strict with my diet lately, really struggling with willpower. Headed to the gym tonight- debated going for a run soon, but think I might do that tomorrow instead seeing as I will be gymming already. Feel like I should be doing double the exercise to make up for my abysmal weekend!

Latest