The Student Room Group

Everyone hates ugly people - worse than racism/sexism/homophobia etc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Idk man, Benedict Cumberbatch is doing pretty good for himself
Original post by pencilcasetapper
You can be gay and still be accepted.
You can be female and still be accepted.
You can be an ethnic minority and still be accepted.
You can be short and still be accepted.
You can be religious and still be accepted.
You can be dark-haired and still be accepted.

You can ugly...

Oh wait a minute. No you can't.

Being ugly is, according to society, the worst trait there is. No, nothing can ever redeem ugliness. Even the oppressed oppress ugly people.

If you are ugly, you are destined to be discriminated and have a disappointing life.

Why? Because even people of different races, different hair colours, religious or not religious, different heights, and not heterosexual can still be in relationships.

Ugly people? No they cannot.

(Ugly people being with ugly people does not count. Ugly people secretly wish they could be with a better partner, but they can't as they're ugly).

Ugly is sucg a subjective term that your last point is left somewhat useless. I have known to find people attractive my friends gave found ugly, and vice versa. I have seen girls I thought beautiful rejected by "ugly" guys who didn't see them as beautiful. I have seen girls who've been at the top of "Hottest" lists for years be referred too as ugly, and vice versa.
Original post by Luffy.
I am very very ugly and I believe what you are saying. Every one hates ugly people and you cant have a friend and never dream to have a gf/bf because it is impossible but only if some one is very very ugly.
Average ugly guy may get friends or a partner but very very ugly guy will never get.

What do you mean ugly people can't have friends? Some of the most popular kids at school are the ones considered the least mainstream attractive. Looks dont impact friendships-only attitudes. If you sit around moping about your looks and not even approaching girls/being defeatist, yes you will be friendless and single. Being funny, approachable and kind will leave you popular and dating. Your defeatist attitude is whats holding you back.

Original post by Luffy.
I know I am ugly but I am not depressed.
I am too short to go to a gym.

No you aren't. Many girls find short men attractive. (eg, Josh Hutcherson).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 102
Nah because gay is gay but ugliness is a personal opinion.
Reply 103
Original post by neom
Idk man, Benedict Cumberbatch is doing pretty good for himself

He's not ugly! :unimpressed:

Take that back :tongue: :wink:
Reply 104
You can be gay and still be accepted.
You can be female and still be accepted.
You can be an ethnic minority and still be accepted.
You can be short and still be accepted.
You can be religious and still be accepted.
You can be dark-haired and still be accepted.

You can ugly...

You can be ugly... It kind of ruins the impact of the whole 'you can be...' if you screw it up on the important one! However don't worry to much about it as;

You can be stupid and still be accepted.

1. They have settled for third best.
2. They think of someone else during sex.
3. They would easily cheat on their partner if they could. (Many do).

Your third point seems to undermine what you've said previously. Many ugly people do have multiple sexual partners?
Original post by Lucia.
Yeah right. I've got with guys some people would call 'ugly' but I would definitely say otherwise. Still objectively, they're not what you'd call 'hot'. If you focussed on what woman actually want rather than lament your lack of action, then you'd be doing the whole world a favour. A lot of men focus on how they look without bothering to try and understand women and what makes them tick, and how they can make them feel good. Heh if both sexes focussed on feelings more than aesthetics, everyone would be onto a winner.

who says trying to focus on how you look, and understanding how to modify your words and actions are mutually exclusive ?

men who do both get the girl they want usually

men who do the latter get friendzoned

and men who do the former, have a chance regardless

men of tsr. don't buy into the bull that girls don't care about looks. work on your body skin hair, be at your physical best. because these women are ruthless when it comes to looks

i've gone to hell and back with comments from them
Original post by RandZul'Zorander
theoretically so could a man...

not true. make up is designed for women, socially, it's unacceptable for men to wear make up, and it would turn hordes of women off.

:confused: I have never heard women say 'ew gross muscles'. Muscles are things that are considered attractive.

some woman like it, some don't.

Lol why not? you think its not possible to like someone on personality? :rolleyes: Just because you may have had a bad experience doesn't mean people don't want someone with a good personalit
y.

it's human nature to want to be attracted. my experiences are backed by this science. remember, when i say USUALLY i am not implying there is no 'odd' case where someone goes on full personality.
Original post by medicine gapper
it's human nature to want to be attracted. my experiences are backed by this science. remember, when i say USUALLY i am not implying there is no 'odd' case where someone goes on full personality.

Lets address this first: You love to say that everything you say is backed by 'science' but its not. :rolleyes: Saying that personality plays minimal factor, is scientifically inaccurate. In fact if you look at studies on relationships you'll find that the personalities and values of the two people matter more than their physical attractiveness. Lets stop this charade please that what you say is backed by science.

not true. make up is designed for women, socially, it's unacceptable for men to wear make up, and it would turn hordes of women off.

Just because it is not the social norm does not mean a man cannot wear makeup. Makeup is designed for faces, not just for women. Movie actors wear makeup all the time. Do you notice? No not really. Do you go 'omg that is for women!'? No. So actually wearing makeup could be beneficial for men. And while it may turn some women off, you don't know that. And to say 'hordes' is misleading in that you have no idea who would or wouldn't be turned off by a man wearing makeup.

some woman like it, some don't.

I never said all women like it, but even those who don't don't go 'ew gross muscles' lol. They will still acknowledge that being muscular is generally considered attractive, and that they don't prefer that. To be honest though I haven't met many women who don't like muscly men. So once again your original statement was misleading in that you tried to say women don't like muscles, which in general is not true.
Reply 108
men of tsr. don't buy into the bull that girls don't care about looks. work on your body skin hair, be at your physical best. because these women are ruthless when it comes to looks

Do you think men are any different (at least according to your theory)? Unless you can seriously say that you'll date a woman you don't find attractive because personality trumps looks, then you definitely can't talk and you're a hypocrite.

And live in the real world. Do you think fully grown adults are going to give two ****s about what people look like most of the time? No they don't because they're past that teenage angst phase.
Original post by Lucia.
Do you think men are any different (at least according to your theory)? Unless you can seriously say that you'll date a woman you don't find attractive because personality trumps looks, then you definitely can't talk and you're a hypocrite.

And live in the real world. Do you think fully grown adults are going to give two ****s about what people look like most of the time? No they don't because they're past that teenage angst phase.

i never implied we were different.

all i implied is, don't believe the popular notion women aren't shallow.

the unfair thing is, you women can wear make up to ridiculously enchance beauty.

we men can't do anything at all.

i'm not gay, but a 'good looking guy' to me, is way more impressive than a 'good looking girl'

i even PREFER men with muscles and abs to 'women with breasts and ass'

not sexually. i am just more impressed with mucscles, as i want them.

for a man to get a good body, and looks, he works way harder than a woman in natural ways.

100% straight here btw
theoretically so could a man...

:confused: I have never heard women say 'ew gross muscles'. Muscles are things that are considered attractive.

Lol why not? you think its not possible to like someone on personality? :rolleyes: Just because you may have had a bad experience doesn't mean people don't want someone with a good personality.

Actually, big muscles are quite offputting. (May cause a bout of the 'eww, gross'.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lets address this first: You love to say that everything you say is backed by 'science' but its not. :rolleyes: Saying that personality plays minimal factor, is scientifically inaccurate. In fact if you look at studies on relationships you'll find that the personalities and values of the two people matter more than their physical attractiveness. Lets stop this charade please that what you say is backed by science.

let me say this in a clearer way. looks are usually - not always - a neccesary condition for attraction. from then on it's personality. i never underestimated the importance of personality. i just stated it is human nature to be attracted towards what you find 'beautiful'. it is a scientific fact.

Just because it is not the social norm does not mean a man cannot wear makeup. Makeup is designed for faces, not just for women. Movie actors wear makeup all the time. Do you notice? No not really. Do you go 'omg that is for women!'? No. So actually wearing makeup could be beneficial for men. And while it may turn some women off, you don't know that. And to say 'hordes' is misleading in that you have no idea who would or wouldn't be turned off by a man wearing makeup.

i challenge anyone on tsr to prove that wearing make up for men (who are straight) is normal. movie stars are different. i'm talking about men. it's an industry DESIGNED for women. ofcourse, humans have free will. we literally can do anything we like - to put it crudely, we have humans who rape, murder, do it with animals. because something is possible, doesn't make it acceptable. you decide for yourself.

I never said all women like it, but even those who don't don't go 'ew gross muscles' lol. They will still acknowledge that being muscular is generally considered attractive, and that they don't prefer that. To be honest though I haven't met many women who don't like muscly men. So once again your original statement was misleading in that you tried to say women don't like muscles, which in general is not true.

it's all about how much muscle. woman prefer 'toned guys'. some like muscles, others do not like it. my original statement was women say "eww gross muscles". i never implied how many women say it. simply that even after getting a good body, some women may feel turned off.

my tone of debating is pretty blunt, and please don't take any offence to it :smile: i'm attacking your arguments, i never attack the person.
Original post by Sheldor
Actually, big muscles are quite offputting. (May cause a bout of the 'eww, gross'.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

mr randzul zorander, meet the first woman who dislikes muscles :colondollar:
Original post by Sheldor

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh they may. But having muscles does not cause women to have such a reaction. As I said, there may be women who don't like it, but to say that women say that when a man works out is just wrong. :smile:
mr randzul zorander, meet the first woman who dislikes muscles :colondollar:

:teehee: once again I didn't say all women like it.
:teehee: once again I didn't say all women like it.

you said you have never met a woman who disliked it :colondollar:

so meet your first one hehehe
let me say this in a clearer way. looks are usually - not always - a neccesary condition for attraction. from then on it's personality. i never underestimated the importance of personality. i just stated it is human nature to be attracted towards what you find 'beautiful'. it is a scientific fact.

You are saying things wrong. Looks are usually, not always, a catalyst for attraction. But personality is what casuses romantic attraction, which is the basis of long term relationships. If you are talking to someone whom you may not think is necessarily attractive but you grow fond of them you start to see them as more attractive. Personality plays into attractiveness greatly. Physical beauty is in no way 'necessary' that is not 'scientific fact' and it is only a major factor when thinking of casual sex. Not really so in relationships.

Once again what you are saying has no basis in science. So lets stop saying its 'scientific fact'. :facepalm:

i challenge anyone on tsr to prove that wearing make up for men (who are straight) is normal. movie stars are different. i'm talking about men. it's an industry DESIGNED for women. ofcourse, humans have free will. we literally can do anything we like - to put it crudely, we have humans who rape, murder, do it with animals. because something is possible, doesn't make it acceptable. you decide for yourself.

It need not be 'normal'. It being normal does not mean that they cannot do it. Lets not make crude comparisons shall we? Don't compare a man wearing makeup to raper, or murder. That is just low. Furthermore, unless you are going to say that anything against the norm makes it 'unacceptable' then I don't see your point. Yes a man could wear makeup if he wanted to. Especially to try to make himself more attractive. What is unacceptable about that? :rolleyes:

it's all about how much muscle. woman prefer 'toned guys'. some like muscles, others do not like it. my original statement was women say "eww gross muscles". i never implied how many women say it. simply that even after getting a good body, some women may feel turned off.

...maybe I wasn't clear enough...My post was pointing out that your statement was misleading. By leaving it as a general 'when men workout women will react in x way' you are implying and actually saying that when any man works out, all women will react in such a way. That may not be what you meant but it is what was said and implied by your words. Hence I have said that not all women would react that way, and that makes your statement at the very least inaccurate.

my tone of debating is pretty blunt, and please don't take any offence to it :smile: i'm attacking your arguments, i never attack the person.

....ok....I wasn't taking anything personally :smile: don't worry. Although it annoying that you aren't responding with separate quotes. Its a pain to quote you back.
you said you have never met a woman who disliked it :colondollar:

so meet your first one hehehe

I said I haven't met many. :rolleyes: This is ridiculous that we are getting into it.
I said I haven't met many. :rolleyes: This is ridiculous that we are getting into it.

i'm a lil busy so just to adress scientific fact.

it's human nature to want to be sexually attracted to your partner.

being sexually attracted IS a scientific fact - look at the animal kingdom.

we humans are a breed apart though. we can choose personality over looks. there are so many factors. we can even mate with cows. we almost have complete free-will - not total.

but looks are USUALLY a neccesary condition.
Reply 119
OP are you ugly ? Miranda isn't the best looking person but she seems well accepted by society

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending