The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do, my family members do my head in

I have exams coming up in january, and I really would like to revise for them but all members of my family apart from myself have arguments everyday and it can get violent, someone might run away from home just to add to the drama, i feel like i can't study in these circumstances i dont get involved in any arguments its like im an outcast in my own family, what should i do?
is it your siblings that run away?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I have exams coming up in january, and I really would like to revise for them but all members of my family apart from myself have arguments everyday and it can get violent, someone might run away from home just to add to the drama, i feel like i can't study in these circumstances i dont get involved in any arguments its like im an outcast in my own family, what should i do?

Library?
Reply 3
Original post by SirRamAlot
is it your siblings that run away?

Well my sibling has run away twice before i think, but my mother also does sometimes she ran away a few hours ago but shes come home now, please dont bother asking why, the reasons are ridiculous
Reply 4
Original post by joeh342
Library?

Id have to start considering, though i like to work in my room where all my equipment is :/
Reply 5
Id have to start considering, though i like to work in my room where all my equipment is :/

move your equpment to the library
Reply 6
People revise better in a surrounding their not used time.

Time you went to a mates, a relatives or to the library

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same here, I have really important exams at the start of next year. I can't even work in the day without headphones because my parents keep going on and on and on. Why do they need to talk out loud about arguments to themselves :mad::mad::mad:

I'm just going to the library in the early morning and return late in the day. At the moment I just work in the night when everyones gone to sleep. Good luck, I know what it feels like.
Reply 8
Original post by radiopred
People revise better in a surrounding their not used time.

Time you went to a mates, a relatives or to the library

Posted from TSR Mobile

I revise late at night, usually 9-2am is most of my revision, so thats not an option, in fact i can hear arguing downstairs its just hard not to notice
Reply 9
Same here, I have really important exams at the start of next year. I can't even work in the day without headphones because my parents keep going on and on and on. Why do they need to talk out loud about arguments to themselves :mad::mad::mad:

I'm just going to the library in the early morning and return late in the day. At the moment I just work in the night when everyones gone to sleep. Good luck, I know what it feels like.

Arguments at my house go for all nights :frown:
Arguments at my house go for all nights :frown:

I would advise headphones, I'm sorry to hear things are so rubbish - just keep swimming :smile: I wish parents/family had more consideration about our exams. I hope things get better soon. Also I'm just like you, I used to only work where all my stuff is (I have a LOT of books/stationary/filing) but now taken to writing up notes so I don't need to take so much stuff with me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending